• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

9. Laiatu Latu, DE, UCLA (5th Year | 6-5, 265)
    Latu is as crafty as they come; he has as deep a bag of tricks at his disposal as any pass-rusher in recent college football history. The way he can work his moves from the inside and the outside will be coveted in the NFL as well.

10. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia (3rd Year | 6-4, 240)
    You won’t find many better tight ends in college football history with the ball in their hands. He turns into a jumbo running back after the catch as he shrugs off defensive backs and outruns linebackers. Those movement skills also make for a dynamic route-runner that can win at all three levels of the defense.​

13. Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson (3rd Year | 6-2, 185)
    Wiggins is what I like to call an uber athlete. Run, jump stop, start, change directions — the Clemson corner can do it all at a high-level. That’s a rarity for any cornerback, but even more so for one who’s 6-foot-2. If he gets a little stronger and improves as a tackler he could be special.​

14. Chop Robinson, DE, Penn State (3rd Year | 6-3, 252)
    In a class loaded with high-end athletes, I’m not sure anyone can touch Robinson in that regard. He’s in Von Miller/Micah Parsons territory in terms of pure twitch off the edge. Robinson could stand to play a little more physically and needs a better pass-rush plan, but if there’s any position where I’m taking a chance on pure athleticism, it’s off the edge.​

15. Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama (3rd Year | 6-1, 195)
    McKinstry is poised to hit the ground like a seasoned vet at the cornerback position; that’s not surprising given he’s been starting ever since his freshman year for the Tide. He’s a long, physical press corner that sees the game at a high-level. He’ll be a nuisance to whomever he’s lined up across from in the NFL.​

19. Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State (3rd Year | 6-4, 215)
    Coleman is the best pure possession receiver in the draft class; he’s got a very similar game to the Saints’ Michael Thomas in that regard. He may never be a high-end deep threat, but he knows how to create separation underneath and won’t drop passes.​

21. Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa (3rd Year | 6-1, 207)
    DeJean is a big, physical corner who was miscast on the outside in Iowa’s off-zone scheme. He’s a player that thrives around the football and can even pass for a dime ’backer at his size. One of the best punt returners in college football, DeJean is a multi-faceted athlete who can wear multiple hats in a defense.

22. Rome Odunze, WR, Washington (4th Year | 6-3, 215)
    That’s six wide receivers now in the top-22, with Odunze being another potential true “X” in the class. He’s a consistent downfield ball-winner with the kind of shake needed to avoid NFL corners.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

could we go back 2 back Oregon State for our Oline.... Fuaga then Powers Johnson ??

know they're not Ducks, but would Justin be all bad 'bout having two beavers in front of him....

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
        Pauline,

Bill Belichick, who won’t be coaching the team next season.
        shutdown corner (McKinstry)
        Bowers is one of the best players in this draft and will immediately become a favorite target of Justin Herbert.
        offensive tackle and receiver, is a bigger need, yet Newton is rated much higher than any player at either of those positions.
        (Chop) Robinson could ultimately be a top-10 pick
        I have personal doubts about Odunze being a first-round talent, yet he’s had a sensational season.
        There are a few who believe Wiggins is CB1 in this draft.
        Latu is a superior player with outstanding film, but will he pass medicals in the lead-up to the draft?
        Expect Fuaga to move up boards over the next three months. He’s a powerful but athletic right tackle with scheme versatility.
        JC Latham/22, Terrion Arnold/23, Denzel Burke/24
        I have doubts about Odunze too … not sure he’ll get separation against NFL CBs
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Last edited by 21&500; 12-22-2023, 12:03 AM.
          2024: Far From Over

Comment

• northerner
            Charger fan since '79
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

impressive highlights in the video. this is why a top 10 pick is so valuable - you have a chance at the A+ guys in the draft (the QB's, MH Jr, Bowers, etc.).

Comment

• Kylars
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

I really wanted a TE in this year's draft. Bowers is super impressive, then hearing about the work ethic.....slam dunk.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                Pretty much retired......
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                • Send PM

I have watched just about every game he has played at UGA. He is big, fast, powerful beyond belief, has incredible hands and YAC ability. I have drooled over this kid for years. He is going to be a chain moving points machine in the NFL and a match-up nightmare. CB's and Safeties are too small and LB's are too slow. He high points incredibly well and can box out defenders with a flick of his hips. Oh yeah, you should see him run block.......this kid does not shy away from contact and will bury his assignment any chance he gets.

A total package for sure. I did notice that he is listed as #10 on the list Beachcomber posted. GOOD......leave him right there and let's grab that Bulldog and watch Herbert light it up with him for years to come. I truly believe he is an offense defining/changing draft pick.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                  I have watched just about every game he has played at UGA. He is big, fast, powerful beyond belief, has incredible hands and YAC ability. I have drooled over this kid for years. He is going to be a chain moving points machine in the NFL and a match-up nightmare. CB's and Safeties are too small and LB's are too slow. He high points incredibly well and can box out defenders with a flick of his hips. Oh yeah, you should see him run block.......this kid does not shy away from contact and will bury his assignment any chance he gets.

A total package for sure. I did notice that he is listed as #10 on the list Beachcomber posted. GOOD......leave him right there and let's grab that Bulldog and watch Herbert light it up with him for years to come. I truly believe he is an offense defining/changing draft pick.
                  Ya it's become pretty obvious that on film that his game will translate easily and while he may not "dominate" the same way, we can easily run an offense through him.
                  The way we've been able to start offensive game plans with Allen, Brock would be the true successor as a high volume safety valve.
                  would also give us the identity we're looking for, super competitive, mismatch weapons playing bully-ball.
                  these coaches are talking about the character of BB different than they would any ol first round prospect, he is absolutely special, PON and possibly the biggest impact for us on offense over any OL or perhaps weapon not named MH2.

Even his "size limitations" to me look like they afford him better leverage and quickness over the traditional 6'6" 255+
                  With Bowers we grind down defenses and have a unique threat at the goalline. Forget positional value.
                  2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                    could we go back 2 back Oregon State for our Oline.... Fuaga then Powers Johnson ??

know they're not Ducks, but would Justin be all bad 'bout having two beavers in front of him....
                    Really warming to Fuaga...but how do you draft him? No way with our first pick...but my guess is he will end up in the 20s, and im not trading up...
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Kylars View Post
                      I really wanted a TE in this year's draft. Bowers is super impressive, then hearing about the work ethic.....slam dunk.
                      All the kind words spoken about him are nice and everything and he has a good highlight tape and all however we are talking about possibly a top six pick let's take a look at his production this season to make sure it's really worth the pick:

Rec: 56. YDS: 714 TD: 6 AVG: 12.8

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Harrison or Nabers > Bowers as a long term receiving threat. Finding a superstar TE is about as fun as finding Hen's teeth. 3 to 4 of them in the NFL at any given time. I'm usually hesitant about WRs in the first round especially high picks but when the talent is there "It's There!"
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                          Harrison or Nabers > Bowers as a long term receiving threat. Finding a superstar TE is about as fun as finding Hen's teeth. 3 to 4 of them in the NFL at any given time. I'm usually hesitant about WRs in the first round especially high picks but when the talent is there "It's There!"
                          Harrison won't be there. Id take Bowers over Nabers.
                          You can thank me later.

Comment

Working...
                          X