• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Who do you take at 23? CB? Verse? I think it has to be defense.
    Same as at 11 or 5
    look at your draft board and pick the best player

again the chargers need so much - no need to focus on position as much as ability
    now i understand at 11 if you pick WR probably not going to double down with another WR
    but it doesn't have to be defense

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

It keeps running through my mind that we picked Junior and LT with the 5th pick in the first round. If we trade down for an extra pick, will we passing up a future HOF player? I sure hope they get this right.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Not making excuses, but injuries happen. And competition is good - if Pip defends his starting job and Latham slides in at guard, great. Win win for us, just upgraded two spots on the line.

The only people whose ranking matters is Hortiz and Harbaugh. So it doesn't really matter to me if Latham isn't the 5th best player on any writer or pundit's draft board. We begged Spanos to hire these guys, so I'm going to let them cook.

If we can get him after a trade down, all the better. But I wouldn't be upset at #5 either!
        Actually with QBs - if the Chargers stay at 5 they are probably getting a player ranked higher than 5th on the draft board
        And I trust JH2 - we wanted these guys hired - if they deem Latham the pick - so be it

But if by some chance MHJr is there - which I doubt he is - he would be hard to pass up
        And really, MHJr is probably the one guy I would be disappointed in if they passed on him. Nabers, Alt , Latham, Bowers , Turner - have to trust the process. But MHjr seems special

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

Who do you take at 23? CB? Verse? I think it has to be defense.
          I would trade back and acquire more picks.
          1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
          3a- #66 Puni OT
          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
          4a- #105 Rice WR
          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
          5- #140 Green CB
          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Jack Burton
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2023
            • Send PM

Not making excuses, but injuries happen. And competition is good - if Pip defends his starting job and Latham slides in at guard, great. Win win for us, just upgraded two spots on the line.

The only people whose ranking matters is Hortiz and Harbaugh. So it doesn't really matter to me if Latham isn't the 5th best player on any writer or pundit's draft board. We begged Spanos to hire these guys, so I'm going to let them cook.

If we can get him after a trade down, all the better. But I wouldn't be upset at #5 either!

Latham is the new starting RT if you take him 5, man. And if he isn’t, it’s a huge loss as they fucked up the draft.

Comment

• Jack Burton
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I would trade back and acquire more picks.
              Yeah. Preferably with WASH. Let them come up and get a LT.
              I’d try to snag both their 2nds. At the least 36 and 67.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                It keeps running through my mind that we picked Junior and LT with the 5th pick in the first round. If we trade down for an extra pick, will we passing up a future HOF player? I sure hope they get this right.
                True. I think it would go like this:
                MHJ = Multiple All-Pro, Probable HOF
                Odie = Multiple All pro, possible HOF
                Bowers = Multiple All Pro, possible HOF
                Alt = Multiple All Pro, maybe HOF
                Latham = Multiple All-Pro, maybe HOF
                Nabers = The talent is there...if he stays out of trouble, Multiple All Pro, possible HOF

Any of those picks (except Nabers) would work for me, though I'd prefer Latham, Bowers or Alt

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
                  By the way when is the last time a run dominant offense won a SB?
                  All I know is we need, at the very least, a better ground game to keep the heat off of Herbie...if Herbie is hurt, hard to win a SB...
                  (or even go deep into the playoffs...)

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Well...

If they are set on a OT, and it definately sounds like they are, I would actually rather have the strongest player in the draft, the mauler and natural RT over Alt. Fits better for what Chargers need

Thats my silver lining I am working on, but sure would be nice if they can trade down to get Latham and get another badly needed pick

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Latham at 5 is swamping the X … I wonder why the world is so certain Latham would be the first OT off the board if LAC takes and OT at 5. I saw him ranked #2 once, otherwise he’s a consistent #5 ranking. It can’t be just because of the Bama pro day tape of a charger coach working him out, can it? I haven’t seen any charger coach or staff leaks about Latham.

huh.

Feels like an overdraft but trust in JH2 is real - I hired them to cook, I’m not setting the menu. They know more than I.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Latham is the new starting RT if you take him 5, man. And if he isn’t, it’s a huge loss as they fucked up the draft.
                        If I take Latham @#5, I want him at RT, his natural position...don't need another Fluke bust that gets kicked inside to G...
                        (though we also DO need a road grading G)

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                          Latham at 5 is swamping the X … I wonder why the world is so certain Latham would be the first OT off the board if LAC takes and OT at 5. I saw him ranked #2 once, otherwise he’s a consistent #5 ranking. It can’t be just because of the Bama pro day tape of a charger coach working him out, can it? I haven’t seen any charger coach or staff leaks about Latham.

huh.

Feels like an overdraft but trust in JH2 is real - I hired them to cook, I’m not setting the menu. They know more than I.
                          Looks like Trader Joe and his minions are doing a good job of throwing up some smoke...and the art of the smokescreen is not divulging the source...

Comment

Working...
                          X