• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

We need to start thinking about the new kickoff rules.
    Guerendo might fit there as one of his roles.
    I think most teams will just kick it out the end zone.
    However, definitely need to find the right guys to play under new rules. Two guys back to catch. How do you want to attack when you do get chance to return.
    I think on kick off two big backs. So Guerendo for special team and RB depth makes sense to me. And on punt Davis.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Chargers8491
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      Leggett with the most upside imo
      IMHO, the WR people are sleeping on and is probably the perfect fit is Roman Wilson. He kinda reminds me of KA with his ability to get open. He probably wont take the top off the defense but he would be that clutch 3rd down WR.
      Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK3)
      REC: 10
      YARDS: 133
      TDS: 3

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

IMHO, the WR people are sleeping on and is probably the perfect fit is Roman Wilson. He kinda reminds me of KA with his ability to get open. He probably wont take the top off the defense but he would be that clutch 3rd down WR.
        I agree, it's almost too obvious and confused for lazy.
        the flim is remarkable, very fluid and technical.
        Guy this fast don't usually have actual WR skills like he does.
        Darius "4.36" Davis
        top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

However, definitely need to find the right guys to play under new rules. Two guys back to catch. How do you want to attack when you do get chance to return.
          I think on kick off two big backs. So Guerendo for special team and RB depth makes sense to me. And on punt Davis.
          So the question essentially becomes can the kick coverage team tackle the returner inside the 30 yard line.

Or alternatively, does the kicking team want to avoid any risk of a big return, and as you said, just give it to them receiving team on the 30 yard line
          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

So the question essentially becomes can the kick coverage team tackle the returner inside the 30 yard line.

Or alternatively, does the kicking team want to avoid any risk of a big return, and as you said, just give it to them receiving team on the 30 yard line
            I'm asking my guy to kick it out the back every time.
            Just save my players energy and bodies.
            And eliminate any big return. But on other side I want to be ready if opponent fails to kick it out.

I wouldn't get cute and try to pin inside and tackle. To gain what. 15 yards of field position only when successful.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Totally agree with this. I don’t agree that he can’t take the top off a defense though. He has 4.39 speed and he plays that fast as well.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

They already have a KR in DD. He is going to be even better with the new rules.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  JH3 and Me
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  Leggett with the most upside imo
                  BTJ is good, folks are getting scared off for no reason imo. After him - McConkey is my next pick - he is going to be a wicked slot receiver who can also play X and get deep. 4.39 and wick stop/start/cut skills leaves DBs with broken ankles. Legate is my third pick after him, great talent upside - one year wonder = late bloomer with lots of miles left to ride. More a traditional big body fast X, he’s physical. (Deebo ain’t no 4.37)

Franklin is gonna get snapped like a twig.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

Totally agree with this. I don’t agree that he can’t take the top off a defense though. He has 4.39 speed and he plays that fast as well.
                    He probably could just wasn't asked to do it at Michigan and doubt he would be asked to do it in this offense.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

He’s a one year wonder though…
                      But what a year he had.
                      Id take him over Franklin. Franklin struggles with press man, and he’s 174 lbs. I think he gets pushed around in the NFL.

Xavier Leggette is 6-1 227 and ran a 4.38. He’s Deebo all over again. Perfect for Harbaugh.
                      Ja’Lynn Polk is another guy who I think will be a #1 at some point. Dude runs silky routes and is a slick receiver.
                      Jermaine Burton is another guy that if he cleans his off the field crap up, he’s going to be a #1. He’s really good.
                      Sleeper is Javon Baker. I’d love to get one of the above and Javon Baker in the late rounds.
                      Here's some more day 2 and 3 wideouts to consider:

image.png
                      Wide Receiver s prospect rankings for the 2024 NFL Draft. Breakdowns of the best Wide Receiver prospects and averages of other scouting reports.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Odunze over Nabers: YAC moves the chains, sure, but I’m tired on drives ending in 3 points. I want 7. Give me the red zone target no one can stop.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          Odunze over Nabers: YAC moves the chains, sure, but I’m tired on drives ending in 3 points. I want 7. Give me the red zone target no one can stop.
                          Just my opinion, but I don't think Nabers is in consideration at all for the fifth overall pick. His personality and playing style don't seem to match with Harbaugh. Harrison and Odunze would fit. Legette and a few other second-day receivers would, too. I don't see it with Nabers.

Comment

Working...
                          X