• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I'd take Bowers over Nabers or Oudunze as well. I go back and forth, but I've come back to Bowers. Between Nabers and Odunze, I can't say. Nabers seems to be more highly rated, but as I've stated before I think his skill set is somewhat limited, though what he does well, he does extraordinarily well. I've also read there might be some maturity with issues with Nabers. Want to avoid having a Ruggs or Rice situation happen to the Chargers. Something about these young, dumb and full of cum WRs.
    Odunze would be a replacement for MW. Nabers is a beast in the slot. Can't be covered one on one there and playing zone has also failed. I'm sorry I'll take Nabers over Odunze. Nabers not only has more wiggle to his game but is also the faster guy. Nabers is not going to make the contested catch, that would be Odunze. But Nabers is going to get open faster and create separation. He doesn't have the catch radius that Odunze has and there maybe character concerns. But overall as players go Nabers > Odunze.

When it comes to Nabers versus Bowers it depends on what one thinks about our current situation at TE. The better fit is Bowers if Hurst isn't going to work out. If Hurst returns to his former self then adding Nabers would be the better bet. Don't know what to say. I like both guys.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Odunze would be a replacement for MW. Nabers is a beast in the slot. Can't be covered one on one there and playing zone has also failed. I'm sorry I'll take Nabers over Odunze. Nabers not only has more wiggle to his game but is also the faster guy. Nabers is not going to make the contested catch, that would be Odunze. But Nabers is going to get open faster and create separation. He doesn't have the catch radius that Odunze has and there maybe character concerns. But overall as players go Nabers > Odunze.

When it comes to Nabers versus Bowers it depends on what one thinks about our current situation at TE. The better fit is Bowers if Hurst isn't going to work out. If Hurst returns to his former self then adding Nabers would be the better bet. Don't know what to say. I like both guys.
      My feeling is this is a deep WR class and there are going to be players who can do 80 percent of what Nabers does available in Day 2, but there is not a TE who comes that close to being as good as Bowers. The one big caveat is that both the Bills and Chiefs are also going to prioritize WRs, there's going to be a lot of competition for WRs below pick 25, and the cupboard may be bare by the time the Chargers pick again.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Send PM

Herbert didn't just torch the Vikings, he torched their division rivals as well. Especially the Lions, but also the Packers, the top two teams in the NFCN. So it makes sense Minn fans are infatuated with Herbert and can't let it (the rumor) go.

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

My feeling is this is a deep WR class and there are going to be players who can do 80 percent of what Nabers does available in Day 2, but there is not a TE who comes that close to being as good as Bowers. The one big caveat is that both the Bills and Chiefs are also going to prioritize WRs, there's going to be a lot of competition for WRs below pick 25, and the cupboard may be bare by the time the Chargers pick again.
          The WR class maybe deep but there is nobody there that comes close to Nabers. We don't have to go with MH2 or Nabers to get a very good WR. But if we want a great one those two are the choices, followed by Odunze and a couple others.

I agree about TE. It's Bowers and then a steep and rapid decline.

If we stick to #5 and most people believe it will be an offensive guy there whether a TE, WR or OT then @37 it should be defensive guy. A CB or DL guy may fit nicely into that slot for us.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

The WR class maybe deep but there is nobody there that comes close to Nabers. We don't have to go with MH2 or Nabers to get a very good WR. But if we want a great one those two are the choices, followed by Odunze and a couple others.

I agree about TE. It's Bowers and then a steep and rapid decline.

If we stick to #5 and most people believe it will be an offensive guy there whether a TE, WR or OT then @37 it should be defensive guy. A CB or DL guy may fit nicely into that slot for us.
            Nabers is a special talent, I completely agree. But there are other WRs in this draft who will go on Day 2 who aren't that far from Nabers. A while back I posted some research about WRs drafted in the past 10 seasons. It's really surprising how often the best WR of a draft class was a day 2 pick and how often WRs drafted in the top 10 don't live up to their pre-draft hype or are complete busts. That doesn't mean I think Nabers is not worth a top 5 pick. But don't know it would be right pick for the Chargers. However if they do draft Nabers, I will be ecstatic.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Yep...after the top 4, who would u be happy with on day 2?

image.png
              Wide Receiver s prospect rankings for the 2024 NFL Draft. Breakdowns of the best Wide Receiver prospects and averages of other scouting reports.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

The rumor of Herbert to Vikings for a haul of picks and Harbaugh drafting McCarthy continues to persist. It's not hard to understand why the Vikings and their fans would covet Herbert after watching these highlights of Herbert torching the Vikes in Minn last season. But I don't care if the Vikes offer all their first and second day draft picks for the next three years, that would not replace Herbert. Herbert is the type of talent that you could draft in the top 5 for the next 10 drafts and still not replace. I wish JJ McCarthy the best (preferably with an NFC team), but he's not going to replace Herbert.

These Herbert rumors are so dumb. We couldn't trade him if we wanted to because of the massive salary cap hit we'd take. Add in his no trade contract and Harbaugh making no bones about Herbert as the big draw to come here and it is just idle prattle from wishful fans.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

The rumor of Herbert to Vikings for a haul of picks and Harbaugh drafting McCarthy continues to persist. It's not hard to understand why the Vikings and their fans would covet Herbert after watching these highlights of Herbert torching the Vikes in Minn last season. But I don't care if the Vikes offer all their first and second day draft picks for the next three years, that would not replace Herbert. Herbert is the type of talent that you could draft in the top 5 for the next 10 drafts and still not replace. I wish JJ McCarthy the best (preferably with an NFC team), but he's not going to replace Herbert.

For the Herbert critics out there, here's looking at you Bolt-O, pay attention to how pathetic these stories are, they are so fucking desperate for what we have that you have an entire fanbase buying into this crazy ass story that makes no fucking sense, everyone knows Harbaugh came to LA because of Justin, so the first thing he does is ship him off, LOL! and it's been pointed out that it's impossible from a salary cap standpoint, they would have to clear another like 100 mil in cap space just this year to make it work and still have money to function, OH and let's not forget Herbert has a no trade clause and his life long dream was to play for the Chargers, why are they still on this? this shit is beyond pathetic, I want to feel sorry for them but I can't on account of the stupidity of this story...
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

I'd take Bowers over Nabers or Oudunze as well. I go back and forth, but I've come back to Bowers. Between Nabers and Odunze, I can't say. Nabers seems to be more highly rated, but as I've stated before I think his skill set is somewhat limited, though what he does well, he does extraordinarily well. I've also read there might be some maturity with issues with Nabers. Want to avoid having a Ruggs or Rice situation happen to the Chargers. Something about these young, dumb and full of cum WRs.
                    Oh My God Wow GIF
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...after the top 4, who would u be happy with on day 2?

image.png
                      https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/positions/WR/1/2024
                      Troy Franklin and Brendan Rice.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Leggett with the most upside imo
                        2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Jack Burton
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          Leggett with the most upside imo
                          He’s a one year wonder though…
                          But what a year he had.
                          Id take him over Franklin. Franklin struggles with press man, and he’s 174 lbs. I think he gets pushed around in the NFL.

Xavier Leggette is 6-1 227 and ran a 4.38. He’s Deebo all over again. Perfect for Harbaugh.
                          Ja’Lynn Polk is another guy who I think will be a #1 at some point. Dude runs silky routes and is a slick receiver.
                          Jermaine Burton is another guy that if he cleans his off the field crap up, he’s going to be a #1. He’s really good.
                          Sleeper is Javon Baker. I’d love to get one of the above and Javon Baker in the late rounds.

Comment

Working...
                          X