• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Overzealous fans think they know what Jim and Joe are going to do. We can guess basing things on information that is out there. But we don't really know until things play out. There's going to be fans who will be up in their feelings because something didn't go the way they want them to. Harbaugh and Hortiz will probably do more that will upset some fans.
    Agree, there is a dude on Twitter who calls pundits idiots if they don't have Nabers going to us at 5,... and videos of podcasts ....tells them to shut up if they don't. Says he may need to take a few weeks off Twitter if they don't draft him lol. Says they "don't know ball".

Kinda dumb but that's the fans.
    ​​
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-13-2024, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree, there is a dude in Twitter who calls pundits idiots if they don't have Nabers going to us at 5,... and videos of podcasts ....tells them to shut up if they don't. Says he may need to take a few weeks off Twitter if they don't lol. Says they "don't know ball".

Kinda dumb but that's the fans.
      ​​​
      If Bowers and Nabers are both available at #5 and the Chargers don't trade down...who's your guy?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        JH3 and Me
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Only 90%?
        I’m not blocked anymore? This is a big day for me …
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Send PM

The rumor of Herbert to Vikings for a haul of picks and Harbaugh drafting McCarthy continues to persist. It's not hard to understand why the Vikings and their fans would covet Herbert after watching these highlights of Herbert torching the Vikes in Minn last season. But I don't care if the Vikes offer all their first and second day draft picks for the next three years, that would not replace Herbert. Herbert is the type of talent that you could draft in the top 5 for the next 10 drafts and still not replace. I wish JJ McCarthy the best (preferably with an NFC team), but he's not going to replace Herbert.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

If Bowers and Nabers are both available at #5 and the Chargers don't trade down...who's your guy?
            Id take Bowers at 5 over Nabers. And that isnt a slight of Nabers. I think Bowers would also be terrific in the slot though he won't be there all the time.

As far as a WR id take Odunze over Nabers.
            When it comes to new contracts, Bowers will cost a lot less than Nabers, MHJ or Odunze will.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Curious why you would say that. We have DD who was one of if not the best returner last year. He will blow up this year with the new KO rules. He will have a lot of space to run in.
              Cordarelle Patterson to Steelers was a great signing.
              Size players with built up speed will excel with the new closer quarters kickoff rule IMV. There will eventually be classifications for kickoff return blocking schemes !

Darius Davis is an excellent punt returner with the more open field there, and I would expect him to be part of a kickoff return tandem. BTW, let's find special plays for DD at WRS, to take advantage of his skills, without getting him killed. That would alleviate our WR shortage.
              Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’m not blocked anymore?
                Nope.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

The rumor of Herbert to Vikings for a haul of picks and Harbaugh drafting McCarthy continues to persist. It's not hard to understand why the Vikings and their fans would covet Herbert after watching these highlights of Herbert torching the Vikes in Minn last season. But I don't care if the Vikes offer all their first and second day draft picks for the next three years, that would not replace Herbert. Herbert is the type of talent that you could draft in the top 5 for the next 10 drafts and still not replace. I wish JJ McCarthy the best (preferably with an NFC team), but he's not going to replace Herbert.

Where are you reading/hearing this? On Vikings' broadcasts? Because I haven't seen anything. Not doubting what you posted, just curious regarding the source(s). And I agree, no way am I trading Herbert and replacing him with McCarthy. That would be a disaster.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

Where are you reading/hearing this? On Vikings' broadcasts? Because I haven't seen anything. Not doubting what you posted, just curious regarding the source(s). And I agree, no way am I trading Herbert and replacing him with McCarthy. That would be a disaster.
                    There's one going around that's even more ridiculous. It involves us trading with NE for #3 and giving up Herbert + next years 1st. And get this what do we get with the #3 pick? McCarthy.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Id take Bowers at 5 over Nabers. And that isnt a slight of Nabers. I think Bowers would also be terrific in the slot though he won't be there all the time.

As far as a WR id take Odunze over Nabers.
                      When it comes to new contracts, Bowers will cost a lot less than Nabers, MHJ or Odunze will.
                      I'd take Bowers over Nabers or Oudunze as well. I go back and forth, but I've come back to Bowers. Between Nabers and Odunze, I can't say. Nabers seems to be more highly rated, but as I've stated before I think his skill set is somewhat limited, though what he does well, he does extraordinarily well. I've also read there might be some maturity with issues with Nabers. Want to avoid having a Ruggs or Rice situation happen to the Chargers. Something about these young, dumb and full of cum WRs.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

This is the latest I saw. If you do a search for "Herbert Vikings" and click on news, there's a lot posted about it.

Quietly, Justin Herbert has been mentioned repeatedly this offseason as a QB1 option for the Vikings.

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

This is the latest I saw. If you do a search for "Herbert Vikings" and click on news, there's a lot posted about it.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2024/ne...ie-for-vikings
                          Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X