• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My guess Herbert will see how the team is built understanding that if the OL is fortified and the run game improves - the passing game could improve just by those two things: better pass protection and a running game that keeps the defense honest

That said, I sure as heck wouldnm't mind seeing a talented WR for him to throw that is a game breaker
    true.... even KC and NE(with brady) run enough to keep defenses honest...oprning up play action...... and even well enough to run all over bad soft defenses like Chargers have had..... and haveing a great TE.... gets those first downs and red zone TD's.....

Comment

• Icebolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

The TE position has been disregarded and devalued by the Chargers for a long long time....and this has affected fans who have grown used to having almost zero production from the TE position.... which is really sad....

in the days of Gates and Winslow, when there were critical 3rd downs, we(and defenses) all knew the ball was going their way and most likely it was complete for a first down or TD....
      just like KC and kelsey today.....

the top 4 TE's in the NFL were in the championship round!......

most of the last several or more SB's have been won by a team with great QB and great TE with no great diva WR's.....

last great WR to win a SB was probably Rice..... even Denver won SB's without great WR's but great QB and great TE...Sharp....

all the bad teams that draft great WR's high (like top 5) never win the big one... same is true for those who draft the top RB's.....

this is because in playoffs, you are playing teams that at least hafe a good enough defense to stop the run or take away one star WR..... and WR's take longer to get open than great TE's....

if you have a running game, a great TE keeps your drives alive so you can keep pounding the ball.....

Bowers is the best pass catcher in this draft after MHJ.... and both are generational....

Unlike moist great receiving TE's, Bowers is great as a RB/FB and is a very good blocker which is t=really rare

Parham has some talent but cannot block and cannot show up every week!!!.... last years TE's had almost zero impact on our games...they either dropped passes or were injured and could not play....

Chargers will be using 2 TE's most of the time...... with ONE or 2 WR's.... Bowers would be the best most impactful playmaker we could add to this team....

Chiefs and NE hav e proven you dont need number one WR's....if your have a great QB and great TE..... and Bowers has highest floor of any player in this draft and he might be best TE prospect in NFL history! ...based on many experts..... and remember, Harbaugh tri9ed really hard to recruit him because he was the ideal harbaugh type TE.....

I've hear that Reid would love to trade up for hm because kelsey is close to retirement..... and Reid understands that teams cannot afford a Diva WR past 4 years

If we draft Nabers, he will be under contract for 5 years but we will be forced to trade him away after 4 because he will demand 30-40 million per year in his second contract......

TE's.... even the top TE makes a fraction of that.....
      Agree with you but we are not running the team. Harbaugh wants to upgrade the trenches and D and will pass on BB

Comment

• Jack Burton
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2023
        • Send PM

agree.....

and if we draft an elite Diva WR..... odds are we cannot afford his second contract so we will be trading him away after 4 seasons..... I dont think MHJ will have any attitude iussues but Nabors is frequently taunting the opposition......

Bowers is a class act..... and a relentless beast... with literally zero risk....best pass catcher after MHJ in this draft.... and fills a massive need...... there are many great fast WR's after the first round.....

the top 4 teams last year had the top 4 TE's in NFL but not top 5 or 10 WR's..... great TE's greatly improve short yardage offense and red zone offenses... matchup nighhtmares....
        I do wonder how the FO views MH2. In any other draft, if he was there at pick 5 they might not care because there’s nothing behind him but in this draft it’s loaded with talent at WR….
        I just wonder if they think this offense is more suitable to a Bowers who is a very “team guy” and is from Napa…
        and another WR in the 3rd like Roman Wilson or JaLynn Polk…

Comment

• Icebolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2023
          • Send PM

Last couple of days on this chat and WE NEED THE DRAFT NOW!!

Comment

• Jack Burton
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post

Agree with you but we are not running the team. Harbaugh wants to upgrade the trenches and D and will pass on BB
            Kipper released a 2 round mock yesterday. I don’t really care necessarily about Kipers opinions, but I did notice what folks were saying positionally.
            In 2 rounds,
            15 WRs
            11 OTs
            16 O linemen
            10 CBs
            6 QBs
            6 DTs

1 TE
            1 LB
            2 S

There are lots of picks at positions of need for the LAC…
            I really think the best bet for approaching this draft regardless of who is at 5 is to trade down and get 2 1’s and 2 2’s.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Doesn't matter if it's said a million times.
              Doesn't make the point less valid.

I said it straight already. There has been no whisper or mumble. It's been loud and clear. I will write it again since you seem to struggle with reading comprehension. He is overrated and likely to go on IR every year based on how he plays football. That is not something I would say about every prospect.

​​It's fine we disagree. If you still don't understand. Read this... Bowers is not a top 20 prospect for me because I think he won't be able to duplicate what happen at Georgia at NFL level. I don't think the NFL teams will feature him like Bulldogs did.

The entire league thought Isiah Simmons would be great. He has yet to show any impact at NFL level. I thought he would be a starter with pro bowl level play. So far that assessment failed. There are no sure things. If I was to say who would be close to a sure thing. I would bet on MHJ and Joe Alt. Not Bowers.

if the same "point" applies to every player that ever played, than it doesn't apply to any single player in particular. I do agree we've reached the end of this circular argument.

your failed assessment doesn't seem relevant.

Betting on MHJ and Joe Alt are two good bets, has nothing to do with betting on Bowers.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

I just read another crazy rumor on the internet...the chiefs are going to move up to #10 with the Jets to draft Bowers....I would laugh really hard at this especially if Bowers becomes a continuous injury problem. If I were the chiefs I would draft McConkey at #32 rather than move up for Bowers. Hell, they can trade with us for #11 and we get #32, 64, 95 plus their #1 next year and I would help pack Bowers bags for the chiefs.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I pretty much agree with Critty, said weeks ago I had doubts Bowers college game would translate to the pros like so many are saying. Guess we’ll see.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                    I just read another crazy rumor on the internet...the chiefs are going to move up to #10 with the Jets to draft Bowers....I would laugh really hard at this especially if Bowers becomes a continuous injury problem. If I were the chiefs I would draft McConkey at #32 rather than move up for Bowers. Hell, they can trade with us for #11 and we get #32, 64, 95 plus their #1 next year and I would help pack Bowers bags for the chiefs.
                    Yeah, there’s lots of folks saying that they moved up from 27 to 10 to get Mahomes so why not for an elite TE?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

agree.....

and if we draft an elite Diva WR..... odds are we cannot afford his second contract so we will be trading him away after 4 seasons..... I dont think MHJ will have any attitude iussues but Nabors is frequently taunting the opposition......

Bowers is a class act..... and a relentless beast... with literally zero risk....best pass catcher after MHJ in this draft.... and fills a massive need...... there are many great fast WR's after the first round.....

the top 4 teams last year had the top 4 TE's in NFL but not top 5 or 10 WR's..... great TE's greatly improve short yardage offense and red zone offenses... matchup nighhtmares....
                      Bowers is cheaper longterm even if his rookie contract pays him premium TE money, I don't care because I feel confident he can earn it...besides premium TE money is shit compared to premium WR money, he's not going to be a cap liability ever, how is that a bad thing?
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

Given that this offense is depended on WRs blocking does can anyone really seeing MJH or Nabers wanting to block? The only one that even looks like they want to block is Odunze. I really don't think the top WRs in this draft any desire to want to block, they are going to want to get their stats. I know conjecture.
                        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                        3a- #66 Puni OT
                        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                        4a- #105 Rice WR
                        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                        5- #140 Green CB
                        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Chargers8491
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Bowers is cheaper longterm even if his rookie contract pays him premium TE money, I don't care because I feel confident he can earn it...besides premium TE money is shit compared to premium WR money, he's not going to be a cap liability ever, how is that a bad thing?
                          Bowers would be 10th or 11th highest paid TE if drafted #5. I don't think that will break the Chargers.
                          1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                          3a- #66 Puni OT
                          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                          4a- #105 Rice WR
                          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                          5- #140 Green CB
                          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

Working...
                          X