• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

This poster is such a complete mental case on the draft-has been for many years, going back to pre Buchsbaum.

We are coming up on the 8th anniversary of me being miraculously not killed in a head on car wreck mere hours after we drafted Joey Bosa. I got six staples in my skull and went back to work the next day. Harbaughism.

The Beast is out. The truth has been revealed. Prepare to edit, delete, reimagine your football takes on the breathtaking 2024 NFL Draft and Charger rebuild extravaganza.

Geek out my friends.

Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
      Let's say Chargers trade down gets #11 and #23.

There are a lot of QB needy teams.

​​​​​2 more QBs could go.

Does anyone want to jump Denver or Raiders....like Saints or Seahawks. Trade pick #11 and move back to 14 or 16 and could still get a Top 5-10 on your board if 6 QBs are gone.
      This is one of those things that's possible to unfold. Wouldn't call it likely, but certainly possible.

Depending on what the board looks like at the time-- and the compensation involved-- I could see doing exactly what you're talking about, with multiple trades.

Some posters are horrified at the thought of doing this, dropping out of range to get an elite prospect. IMO, we can't know how great-- or bad-- an option it is until we're there, looking at it.

If the compensation is outrageously high, because teams are targeting QBs, then how can you *not* consider it?

But we can't MAKE this happen. We have to wait for the circumstances to unfold. If they *do*.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        This poster is such a complete mental case on the draft-has been for many years, going back to pre Buchsbaum.

We are coming up on the 8th anniversary of me being miraculously not killed in a head on car wreck mere hours after we drafted Joey Bosa. I got six staples in my skull and went back to work the next day. Harbaughism.

The Beast is out. The truth has been revealed. Prepare to edit, delete, reimagine your football takes on the breathtaking 2024 NFL Draft and Charger rebuild extravaganza.

Geek out my friends.

I *hate* those kinds of accidents!

This August will be the 8 year anniversary of having an accident with a circular saw, that horrifically injured my left index finger. (The's the fretboard hand for us right-handed guitar players.)

There was a serious chance I wouldn't be able to play again. It took a couple of years-- and it's not quite the same-- but I *can* play again, well enough to have a good time, which is what it's all about. Very grateful.
        Last edited by Ghost of Quacksaw; 04-10-2024, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• Kylars
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

After watching/reading more on Dejean I truly hope we trade down and get him at 23.

Cooper DeJean – University of Iowa Athletics (hawkeyesports.com)

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Kylars View Post
            After watching/reading more on Dejean I truly hope we trade down and get him at 23.

Cooper DeJean is in my top 5 personal favorites...just dont see how he slots to us, barring a tradeback. But yea...definitely a Harbaugh guy, imo.
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Kylars View Post

he's a stud athlete and "harbaugh type" but can he play boundary CB in the NFL?
              idk. if so, he's a true chess piece.
              2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Sugar coat it any way you like ......It's his first time being the head of it all. Just like it was Telesco's even though he was also part of the players personel in Indy and whatever other title he had there.

Difference is Hortiz has a savvy vet HC to give opinions of the college players he tried to recruit and saw play and watched tape on vs his teams.

TT was a rookie GM with rookie HCs. ....and had inexperienced HCs his whole tenure.

Bottom line,. we will say this is Hortiz first draft like we did when TT had his and Fluker was his first pick followed by Te'o with a trade up.
                I would take it one step further and say this regime also has vet coaches across the board that will be giving their input as well. It's more than just Hortiz/Harbaugh, it's a collaboration between all the coaches. This regime is in a much better position than the last one, IMHO.
                1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                3a- #66 Puni OT
                3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                4a- #105 Rice WR
                4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                5- #140 Green CB
                6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Keeping it real I wouldn't be mad one bit if we draft RB Isaac Guerendo! He has everything and more to be an effective RB in our system with good Coaching! He also was in for a visit and met with Harbaugh! Fingers crossed it went well! Seems like he could be a perfect fit here!

Comment

• LarryAW
                    Chargers fan since 1970
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Chula Vista, CA
                    • retired paralegal/court reporter
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                    I tell ya, smart move for the Bears is MHJ with the first, then QB at nine, Penix or Nix. Why not?
                    Peyton Manning + Marvin Harrison, Sr. = 1 SB played in, which they won. Lucky for them the Chargers, who knocked them out of the playoffs in both 2007 and 2008, were upset by the Patriots in 2006 (thanks to McCree and Marty literally out-smarting himself by going away from LT in the 2nd half of that loss).

I love great WRs, but they don't guarantee a damn thing. Anybody who's been a Chargers fan for 54 years like me knows that. We've had great receivers but zero Super-Bowl wins.

I'd love to have a top WR, but let's have some perspective.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Geek out my friends.

See beast wish i had time to read it thru, probably just check prospects we can draft

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Am I obsessed with running the ball... no. But I think our HC and OC are. The Ravens were a 50/50 run/pass team with Greg Roman as OC. Do I hope that we are 50/50 with Justin Herbert as our QB...? No. But I hope for 55/45 pass/run. Because I know Herbert will get crushed if we continue as a 40/60 pass/run team. I find it nearly impossible that Roman/Harbaugh see Pipkins as their "Run the ball and protect the QB" RT. I also know that Herbert's best year came when we actually ran the ball effectively (2021). I think Jim knows that, too.

Can we draft a RT with the #23 or #37 pick...? Sure. But I'm more interested in drafting LB1 with the 23rd pick, rather than OT5 or OT6...even with the deep OT class. I know OT3 happens to be the best run blocker of the bunch, too. So, that's where I'm leaning. I'm more interested in drafting a really good DT with #37. I know how important LB and DT are to Minter's defense. I can't think of weaker positions on the team right now. I think JP and QJ are far better that Tito Ogbonnia and un-proven Daiyan Henly... both players I like BTW. I think Hayden Hurst and Will Dissly are far better than Ja'Sir Taylor or Deane Leonard. Therfore, I wouldn't mind getting a CB with the #69 pick.

Would I like to get another WR or TE for depth...? Sure. But do I put them ahead of RT, LB, DT, and CB...? Hell no. I'm building a team... not a Boy Band.

I'm not focused on drafting a player and making the whole coaching staff fit that player. I'm more focused on the coaching staff and getting the player(s) that fit them. Both Fuaga and Bowers make sense @#11. But I know they went out and signed 2 TE's already. We are much more set @TE than we are @RT.

We won't be the same team as Winslow/Gates teams. We won't be Air Coryell. We won't be Rivers/Gates kind of team.... or Fouts/Winslow... We are no longer the Finesse Chargers. We will be the bully's from now on. Why not draft players like that...?
                        They want to be able to run the ball. Said every coach that ever hired in the NFL, pretty much. Chargers have been horrible running the ball - its global knowledge and an easy blurb on how to improve the team for any new coach to say they want to control the LOS and run better. Of course they mean it, every coach means it. Why, our last new HC said just that and he seemed to mean it. The difference will be this group knows how to do it.

But they will not install the identical Ravens offense. Ravens did not have a great passing QB, they had an inconsistent passing QB with extremely unique running ability. Subtract all QB runs from that Ravens 50/50 and its not 50/50 anymore. Roman and Co have said they want this offense to be epic, something never done before. Running the ball has been done before, they strive for more.

Just ask Jim and he will tell you - More is More! I am excited to see it, and yes that includes being able to pound the ball at times at will.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

See beast wish i had time to read it thru, probably just check prospects we can draft
                          Exactly. It is long. Take a look at players you like and determine tbeir fit for us and whether you can live with the holes in their game.
                          Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X