• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Monte doesn’t need to sell the idea. Look at last years draft. He was all over the 1st round. He moved up and down multiple times.
    Yeah but after that his draft wasnt that great. His 2nd rounder Ojulari was meh, 3rd rounders WR Wilson had 38 receptions and CB Garrett Williams werent that productive and 4th round OG Gaines didnt play one game and is listed as 3rd string on their depth chart right now. And for some reason he drafted Clayton Tune in round 5. Horrible pick.

Im just saying he looks good in that video of him trading in round one but if you arent a good drafter, 15 picks wont help you much. If the Rams had 15 picks they would kill it. Telesco would draft 10 busts and none would get a 2nd contract lol.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Oh good night.
      These "reasons" are terrible.

Here's something new per Brett Kollmann.
      A case can be made for Cooper DeJean @ #11.
      He can tackle.
      He can play Slot.
      Amongst other spots.
      It would be a major impact on our defense.

Again I will be watching carefully at the workout on the 8th.
      Cooper DeJean @ #11.
      Khristian Boyd @ #110.
      I can see that.
      I don't like being labeled the DJames hater and I won't beat a dead horse but I see a prime opportunity for an athlete like Derwin to play the Will or whatever role Roquan Smith plays in Baltimore. Derwin's coverage ability in the secondary is suspect imo but good enough at Will.
      DeJean can play all over the secondary with Alohi mostly in the box.
      "LBs" James depth Henley draftpick
      Perryman depth Neimann and Dye

I understand RS is a solid 20 lbs heavier than DJ but with Ben Herbert's help, DJ can easily add 10-15 lbs and still be explosive and elite covering RBs and TEs.
      just look at RS's 2023 highlights, thats DJ all day.

2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I can see that.
        I don't like being labeled the DJames hater and I won't beat a dead horse but I see a prime opportunity for an athlete like Derwin to play the Will or whatever role Roquan Smith plays in Baltimore. Derwin's coverage ability in the secondary is suspect imo but good enough at Will.
        DeJean can play all over the secondary with Alohi mostly in the box.
        "LBs" James depth Henley draftpick
        Perryman depth Neimann and Dye
        What about putting James at pseudo LB and signing Justin Simmons to play Safety opposite Alohi

Granted, Simmons might have better offers (Houston, Philly)

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

What about putting James at pseudo LB and signing Justin Simmons to play Safety opposite Alohi

Granted, Simmons might have better offers (Houston, Philly)
          What do you mean by pseudo LB? Imo DJ will always be a pesudo LB because he just doesn't have enough experience playing true LB.
          2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

And for anyone entertaining Cardinals @#4 to Giants @#6 trade scenarios... The Giants have no 2nd rounder to offer. That was already mortgaged away. So they have significantly less to offer than the Vikings.

The only purpose the Giants serve... are within the Chargers/Vikings trade scenario. They act as possible suitor for QB4. They probably take Nabers @#6.

So the question for the Cardinals is... do they really like Nabers over MHJ enough to settle for #6 and #70...?
            And the question for the Giants is... do we really hate DJ so much (after signing him to a $160m contract a year ago)... that we want to give up Malik Nabers and a future 1st round pick... to move up and get JJ McCarthy...?

In order for that scenario to happen... the Cardinals have to really like Nabers. And the Giants have to really hate Nabers... and the QB they just paid $92m guaranteed.
            OLineCentric

Comment

• ChargerTrader
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Nabers @#5... Beanpole @#5... MHJ @#5... trade-back @#5. Bowers @#5...
              It doesn't really matter to me. In the end, the pick will be made with roster/scheme in mind.
              Whatever the vision, I'll save the fire-and-pitchforks for 4-years from now.
              I'm still waiting for Zion and Quentin Johnson to play-out in Harbaugh/Roman scheme.
              My reservations at the Knee-Jerk-Bar-B-Q Gala are on hold until next off-season.

Barton @#23 seems like an over-draft to me. But I'll throw him on the pile @#23 with an open mind.
              If we do have #23 and one of the top 3 corners is available, are they in your cluster?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Nabers @#5... Beanpole @#5... MHJ @#5... trade-back @#5. Bowers @#5...
                It doesn't really matter to me. In the end, the pick will be made with roster/scheme in mind.
                Whatever the vision, I'll save the fire-and-pitchforks for 4-years from now.
                I'm still waiting for Zion and Quentin Johnson to play-out in Harbaugh/Roman scheme.
                My reservations at the Knee-Jerk-Bar-B-Q Gala are on hold until next off-season.

Barton @#23 seems like an over-draft to me. But I'll throw him on the pile @#23 with an open mind.
                Who is beanpole?

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerTrader View Post

If we do have #23 and one of the top 3 corners is available, are they in your cluster?
                  Oh yeah, CB is definitely in my cluster. Kool-Aid is a no-brainer for me. I like him a lot more than anyone here @TPB. Cooper Dejean is legitimate. Quinyan and Terrion are projected to go higher... but if either of them slip, they would be great value @#23.
                  OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Who is beanpole?
                    Beanpole is some poster's nick-name for Joe Alt.
                    I'm just playing along. I like him @#5 if a trade-back falls through.
                    He's a Harbaugh/Roman/Hortiz type, IMO.
                    OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Oh yeah, CB is definitely in my cluster. Kool-Aid is a no-brainer for me. I like him a lot more than anyone here @TPB. Cooper Dejean is legitimate. Quinyan and Terrion are projected to go higher... but if either of them slip, they would be great value @#23.
                      I’m with you on Kool-Aid. He has fallen for some reason and even after he ran a 4.47 with a foot issue, he is still down. I would take him all day at 23 if that trade came to fruition.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

100%! I've mentioned this several times.
                        I think the simple version is closer to the truth.

Arizona takes MHJ @#4. Chargers/Vikings do a pre-determined deal... #5 for #11 and #23.
                        Arizona takes the WR they desperately need @#4
                        Minnesota takes the QB they desperately need @#5 (It costs them a reasonable 300 points QB-tax)
                        Minnesota doesn't have to mortgage their 1st round pick for next year (they've already sent 2025's 2nd rounder to Houston).
                        Chargers get a RT @#11 to "run the ball better and protect the QB" Plus they get #23 to start on the much-needed defensive re-build.

This is easy. There are no backflips, future sell-offs, and robber-baron scenarios involved.
                        Yes, the Cardinals/Chargers/Vikings love triangle is too complicated for me.

Here's the problem with your plan Boltnut:

First of all, we do not know if RT is Harbaugh/Hortiz's top target.
                        Why not just draft Cooper Beebe at the top of the 2nd if you want to play caveman football?

Second, and most importantly, good points have been made suggesting that the Cardinals/Vikings trade is already a done deal .... or the Vikings wouldn't have gone ahead with dumping Cousins and moving up.

Do that deal with the Chargers?

Giants might pull the Vikings pants all the way down for the rest of the league to see by offering the Cardinals something they like.

Then, move up to get Harrison Jr?
                        They could put him next to Addison and Jefferson. What a receiving corp for Darnold!!!

Cardinals want a great receiver desperately?: have Jefferson thrown into the trade.
                        Minnesota has seen enough of what the future will bring with great receivers and a tier 3 level QB.
                        Jefferson is about to be very expensive.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Who plays Slot ?
                          I am higher on Deane Leonard than others.
                          Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X