• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
    Its almost reached a point where i'd be frightened if the Chargers select Nabers at #5.

The ear piercing screams would shatter ear drums around here.

On the other hand, if they select old Beanpole ...... run for the hills .

Actually, I'd be fine because Harbaugh/Hortiz know what they want and evaluated him until they were blue in the face;
    and they are not Tommy John .

Very little talk about Graham Barton at #23. He's flexible enough to cover Oline holes until moved to center.

Is he a center? That would give the Chargers tons of options at other picks.
    Nabers @#5... Beanpole @#5... MHJ @#5... trade-back @#5. Bowers @#5...
    It doesn't really matter to me. In the end, the pick will be made with roster/scheme in mind.
    Whatever the vision, I'll save the fire-and-pitchforks for 4-years from now.
    I'm still waiting for Zion and Quentin Johnson to play-out in Harbaugh/Roman scheme.
    My reservations at the Knee-Jerk-Bar-B-Q Gala are on hold until next off-season.

Barton @#23 seems like an over-draft to me. But I'll throw him on the pile @#23 with an open mind.
    OLineCentric

Comment

• Jack Burton
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am good with it. If the Cardinals overplay their hand - MN will be on the phone with the Chargers. Granted, maybe another team like the Giants would move up to the Cardinals. Giants could do 1st and 2nd, get their QB, Cardinals would be at 6 and still get Nabers or MHJr - if they want MHJr, call the Chargers and offer their 3rd.

Lots of machinations going on but I hope the one idea happens - Matt Money Smith and Jack Burton I think had something similar or Chargers 8491
      MN moves up to 4
      AZ drops to 11

AZ moves back up to 5
      Chargers get 11 plus AZ 2nd and 3rd rounders
      Correct. Matt said that AZ could keep 27. Don’t need it.
      Give the Chargers 35 and 66.
      Now LAC have 11-35-37-66-69-105-110. 2 picks in the 1st 4 rounds. Except the 1st…
      Use that 4th you got from CHI for Kennan and trade right back up to 8-9 and take Odunze or Bowers. Both ATL at 8 and CHI at 9 will probably be taking defensive players (EDGE) and going just a spot or two back their guy will probably still be there. NYJ still need a OT or whoever is left over between Odunze/Bowers. They aren’t taking defense.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Yeah, the top 5-10 picks are already made in the eyes of these GMs and they all know what’s going to happen today.
        Now is the time when it’s the GMs job to make a team change from that course.
        NYG now know what AZ has been offered by MIN and they are haggling out the details. While AZ haggles those details with MIN, they are haggling out the details with LAC on a deal to get 5.
        It’s the NYG GMs job to offset those deals. If they even want 4. He now has to go in knowing the parameters of the deals being made and make a better offer that will
        offset everything that’s already happened so far…
        Let the bidding war begin! And, as we get closer to Draft Day, some OTHER GM in the hot seat may make Trader Joe an offer he can't refuse...

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Apparently (according to some Youtuber who went to owner's meetings last week) the Vikings offered the #11 and #23 picks straight up for #4. The Cardinals said it was going to take more than that (high pick next year as well). The Vikings said, yeah... no, the #11 and #23 should be enough.

If Vikings are saying that, then I would assume some conversations with the Chargers have already occurred... and that is their negotiated price.

The question is... is that enough for Joe Hortiz...? I would assume that those conversations occurred before the Vikings traded for #23 in the first place... but who knows.

Personally, I would take the deal. You get what you wanted anyways. @#11, you are looking @Fuaga and Bowers. @#23, you are looking @LB, CB, WR, or Edge rusher. IMO, that's much better than staying @#5 and getting the 2nd best WR (or the #1 OT).

Like someone's signature states, "Less isn't more... More is more"
          Not sure im buying that(youtube guy) The Head Coaches meetings was the last one. Owners meetings before that.

In anycase, we'll see what happens. Lots of hype going around and heard it before and thought draft days were going to be wild and it wasnt.

Comment

• Jack Burton
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Let the bidding war begin! And, as we get closer to Draft Day, some OTHER GM in the hot seat may make Trader Joe an offer he can't refuse...
            Sure! But the closer we get the better that offer will have to be…
            These teams aren’t waiting and there’s going to come a point where everyone will want each other’s assurances.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Let’s look at this a little closer. GMs who need QBs don’t just go get 1st round picks from other teams without consulting other GMs. They just don’t. Because if the team they want to trade with tells them after the fact that it’s not enough and here’s why, you just wasted all your draft capitol on a stupid move that won’t get you want you are targeting, and the owner is asking “WTF are you doing!?!?!” They talk. A lot. And here’s what we know. MIN went and got 23. They wouldn’t have done that and then gone to AZ and said, “ Hey! look what we did! Is this good enough?!?” They all had discussions In February about it and the parameters where drawn up as to what would be acceptable. And then MIN went and did it. Not just with AZ, but with NE and LAC too. What’s it gonna take to get this trade going? Where would that 2nd 1st round pick need to fall? And those team told MIN right around 21 to 25 is acceptable. And they went and did it.
              So, to do that these teams that are in talks realize, that MIN is doing there part here. They are trading away draft capitol and taking huge risks to go get another 1st and we’ve told them were willing to play ball. They’ve upheld their part of this deal so far. So I’m doubting Monte just up and said, “That’s not enough!” They’ve already laid the groundwork and agreed on the trade. Now, it’s the technicalities of the trade. 2025 1st included? How bout a 2025 2nd and our 2024 4th? Haggling commences over the fine points to the trade. And MIN is all in. They need a QB and they need one in this draft. They’ve come this far, I doubt they are making demands now. Next years draft is very bleh at QB. It’s not considered a QB draft. Ewers!?! Deons kid!?! I dunno….

Also. What’s to stop Monte who traded multiple times in the 1st round last year, from just going right back up and getting MH2 at 5 with his 3 1st rounders he now has when he does get 11 and 23? AZ has 3 3rds already….
              They’ve got 37 a high 2nd.

More than likely these deals are already agreed upon.
              100%! I've mentioned this several times.
              I think the simple version is closer to the truth.

Arizona takes MHJ @#4. Chargers/Vikings do a pre-determined deal... #5 for #11 and #23.
              Arizona takes the WR they desperately need @#4
              Minnesota takes the QB they desperately need @#5 (It costs them a reasonable 300 points QB-tax)
              Minnesota doesn't have to mortgage their 1st round pick for next year (they've already sent 2025's 2nd rounder to Houston).
              Chargers get a RT @#11 to "run the ball better and protect the QB" Plus they get #23 to start on the much-needed defensive re-build.

This is easy. There are no backflips, future sell-offs, and robber-baron scenarios involved.
              OLineCentric

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Now LAC have 11-35-37-66-69-105-110. 2 picks in the 1st 4 rounds. Except the 1st…
                Use that 4th you got from CHI for Kennan and trade right back up to 8-9 and take Odunze or Bowers. Both ATL at 8 and CHI at 9 will probably be taking defensive players (EDGE) and going just a spot or two back their guy will probably still be there. NYJ still need a OT or whoever is left over between Odunze/Bowers. They aren’t taking defense.
                So, it would look like this (below)--I'm not a big fan of trading that 4th rounder (#110) we got for Slayer...still gonna be good value there to fill another hole in our roster. I still think Trader Joe should play hardball and get #11, #23 or #27, AND one of the Cardinals' 3rd rounders (maybe ask for #66, but settle for #71)...

image.png

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Sure! But the closer we get the better that offer will have to be…
                  These teams aren’t waiting and there’s going to come a point where everyone will want each other’s assurances.
                  I don't think these GM's sign a contract in blood...you have to believe they all have contingency clauses..."At any time, either party may choose to cancel said agreement due to..."

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not sure im buying that(youtube guy) The Head Coaches meetings was the last one. Owners meetings before that.

In anycase, we'll see what happens. Lots of hype going around and heard it before and thought draft days were going to be wild and it wasnt.
                    Yeah, the longer I watched the episode... the more I laughed. But I thought you might find it interesting that one of the guys seemed to have inside information on a rejected offer from the Cardinals... three first rounders (#11, #23, and next year's 1st rounder) for the #4 pick.

I have no idea if this reported offer is real (or a figment of their imagination). I suspect it was a purposeful leak designed to manufacture fanbase panic (Vikings) or possible interest (Giants). It's probably just Liar's Month clickbait.

OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I don't think these GM's sign a contract in blood...you have to believe they all have contingency clauses..."At any time, either party may choose to cancel said agreement due to..."
                      Yeah, something like... If you break our agreement #5 for #11 and #23... we take MHJ @#5.
                      We fuck the Cardinals... because they fucked us... kind of thing.
                      We'll gladly take the #1 consensus prospect @#5. Not our fault y'all fucked up. You might want to send that message along to Monti next time you have a conversation with him...

A Fuck-around-and-find-out Clause.
                      OLineCentric

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We are talking about QB #4.
                        Vikes no doubt have one they like.
                        Monti will overplay his hand and end up on the clock, "compelled" to take MHJ.
                        Chargers get #11 & #23.
                        We will not be too greedy.
                        We will draft an impact player at #11.
                        And try to trade down at #23.
                        Best case scenario IMHO.
                        Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

To go from 11 back up to 9 would probably cost the Chargers picks 105 and 181 - but to get Odunze or Bowers at 9 - I would probably be okay with that

Chargers would basically drop back four spots for the 2nd and 3rd at the expense of 4 and 6

Comment

Working...
                          X