• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

depends on what you are looking for, a lot of that assessment is based recent trends for the position, I like a couple of guys that will probably be very late picks, one from UCLA and the other from Indiana, much will depend on how any of these guys fit into Minter's scheme, yeah it's not the best class but someone good might be hiding in the pile of shit, hopefully our guys can find him...
    Tyrice Knight late.
    Good at stack n shed.
    I just am of the opinion that we should not be looking to invest in linebackers here.
    Henley and Niemann are developing.
    Dye and Perryman.
    It is a cheapo vet for me.
    Just one fans opinion.
    Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Tyrice Knight late.
      Good at stack n shed.
      I just am of the opinion that we should not be looking to invest in linebackers here.
      Dye and Perryman.
      Just one fans opinion.
      if KVN is still available after the draft he can add depth at ILB and Edge...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        JH3 and Me
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think he is nuts if he thinks we should pass on a LB. One of those guys would be a good get and getting Cooper the best get.
        But yes the drop off is big after those guys.
        I don’t think he said that, but agree. Cooper is the guy, do it all and early Rd2 worthy. Could be a foundational defensive piece for the next 5 years …
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

On defense a 4th or 5th rnd guy could be Kristian Boyd DT, Northen Iowa. I really like this guy. I posted highlights of him somewhere on here.
          I'll take a look... thanks!
          Oh yeah, I remember that guy. 4th or 5th looks about right.
          Have you watched any of the 2nd and 3rd round DT prospects...?
          Last edited by Boltnut; 03-31-2024, 01:31 PM.
          OLineCentric

Comment

• Jack Burton
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t think he said that, but agree. Cooper is the guy, do it all and early Rd2 worthy. Could be a foundational defensive piece for the next 5 years …
            This is why I think getting MIN’s picks is so valuable and the way to go if possible.
            This team just needs way too much and having 2 1’s opens it all up to massive possibilities.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerTrader View Post

I know the odds are low, but with some other prospects moving up boards quickly, there is actually a chance that Edgerrin Cooper is there at pick 37.

There could be a run on WR, CB, OT and Edge at bottom of round 1 that leaves him dropping.
              Anything can happen. But as I posted earlier... Cooper has official visits with the #22, #24, #25, #26, and #33 teams. If you add in the fact that we are rumored to be involved in a trade for the #23 pick (also meeting w/Cooper)... and the fact that the Ravens will be @#30 (and looking to replace Patrick Queen... Cooper's comp) that means there are 7 teams meeting with Cooper before he ever makes it to the #37 pick.

A RT @#11 and the #1LB @#23 just feels right.
              OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                Guys getting slept on, or outright forgotten...

Audric Estime- Bad 40 time at combine...but at 222#, jumped very well, vertical and broad, showing explosive power...then rebounds at his proday with a more respectable 4.58...even if he gets a few tenths for "proday advantage", I saw the run...he was moving much better...and built like a brick shithouse...

But for me, its always been the tape. He moves great for such a big man...good contact balance, forces missed tackles/breaks tackles...and can accelerate into chunk gains. He doesnt have the wiggle or jump cuts of a Bijan Robinson...or the homerun threat speed of Jamyr Gibbs...but he is damn good as a powerback, and looks super durable.

Zak Zinter- Easily the most likely MI player we draft. Huge guard, perfectly suited for powergap scheme, 2023 unanimous All american, 2 year all big ten first team, 1 yr second team...freakish lower leg fracture...which is nothing...its not like a ruptured achilles, or torn ligaments, muscle, or meniscus cartilege...or even foot bones...best kinda scratch and dent special you can ask for.

Ricky Pearsall- Not only does he land in one of the best WR classes I have ever seen, but his QB didnt do him any favors, either. Tested great, good size, great hands with <3.0% drop rate, shifty yac ability, return chops...but again...its the tape that does it for me...and makes his low drop rate all the more impressive. As much as any receiver in this draft, this guy successfully adjusts to poorly thrown balls, and makes the catch...its eye popping.
                No real issues with Estime, just like 4 others better. I wouold like a more speed guy with some size like Benson or Wright to complement Gus and i just love the way Wright runs with some Pacheco in him. There are some pretty decent RBs round 3-4, but it tapers down from there.
                Not a fan of Shipley or Guerendo for example. I dont consider this RB class that great so i hope round 3 we can get one and hoping for an extra 3rd rounder by trading down and id draft Benson or Wright there....or hope Wright is there top of the 4th. I kep forgetting our picks are at the top of every round. Not used to that lol.

Agree on Pearsall, he would be a nice pick as well. He just falls imo into that round 3 group and we have so far 1 pick. Maybe he is a late round 2 pick with his hands and speed.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-31-2024, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Paul's a lot better than a 5th round grade.

Get's out of his stance quickly, easy mover, wing span of a pterodactyl.

Surprised the hell out of me when I found out the guy was 6'7", 331 pounds.
                  No one moves him back into the QB from what I've seen.

What type of run blocker he is, I have no idea .... but he has some potential as a LT sponge.

Paul's tape from the Senior Bowl:
                  Former Houston Cougars offensive lineman Patrick Paul was a participant in the 2024 Reese's Senior Bowl. He measured and impressive 6'7 and 333 pounds with 3...

Yeah, I didn't say Paul was a 5th round grade... I actually agree with early 3rd-round grade.
                  I was suggesting that Plumkins was the 5th-round grade (who got over-drafted in the 3rd-round).

I haven't watched any full-game tapes on Paul (got any for me?)... I've only watched a highlight reel on him.
                  OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Tyrice Knight late.
                    Good at stack n shed.
                    Dye and Perryman.
                    Just one fans opinion.
                    Neiman is going into year 4 and i think he is a decent player, decent speed. But im also thinking good depth type guy. If we do not draft a LB high that will start, id think Neiman will see playing time that he hasnt seen before. I like Neiman more than probably ost here as he hasnt got a chance to show. He got 3 starts last year and played pretty well.

I think two LBs on on their radar. Cooper and Colson....but thats my guess.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

if KVN is still available after the draft he can add depth at ILB and Edge...
                      I think KVN is a better Edge guy than a ILB. He has shown that in his career.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        JH3 and Me
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                        I think Cooper Dejuan has Charger written all over him. He will be another John Lynch another Eric Weddle. In the box safety. And An in the box safety.

He’s who the chargers covet. I think he will captain minters defense.
                        He’s good but isn’t our best defensive player (top 3?) a pro bowl in the box safety?
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Yeah, I didn't say Paul was a 5th round grade... I actually agree with early 3rd-round grade.
                          I was suggesting that Plumkins was the 5th-round grade (who got over-drafted in the 3rd-round).

I haven't watched any full-game tapes on Paul (got any for me?)... I've only watched a highlight reel on him.
                          I haven't watched Paul, but this is what was written in Bob McGinn's report on the top offensive prospects in the draft:

Patrick Paul, T, Houston (6-7 ½, 331): Made 44 starts at left tackle during a five-year collegiate career. “He looks good,” said one scout. “He looks like an NBA basketball player. He’s an easy mover for such a big guy. You’re going to get pissed about his lack of discipline and technique. You’re going to get pissed because he’s not powerful. Then you have to keep reminding yourself, ‘OK, he’s 6-7, 330, 36 3/8 and he’s gonna play.’ I don’t know how you can pass a guy like this up.” Arms were 36 ¼, hands were 9 3/8. “Love the long arms but a knock-kneed guy,” a second scout said. “Just a limited athlete. Poor technique, hands are wide every snap. Wide, wide. Put your hands inside. Plays top-heavy. Not really a nimble athlete. Just a project because he’s so tall and long. Third or fourth round.” Clocked 5.14.

Comment

Working...
                          X