• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

He’s kinda right. There isn’t a HC in this draft who knows these players better than Harbaugh.
    Dont forget Minter. He probably downed some pepto late nights against some of these offensive players let alone having scouting intel on defensive prospects.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

Who knows who the fuck they are going to pick. We all can think Alt and it can be Nabers. Whoever it is they better own it.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

The idea of trading down has two possibilities that scare me -
        1. Look how many times we've missed on first and second round picks
        2. you are passing on one of the best position players in the draft to get that extra pick.

On the other hand, I love the idea of getting two new starters instead of one.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I think he is nuts if he thinks we should pass on a LB. One of those guys would be a good get and getting Cooper the best get.
          But yes the drop off is big after those guys.

Comment

• Chargers8491
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think he is nuts if he thinks we should pass on a LB. One of those guys would be a good get and getting Cooper the best get.
            Yeah, that rnd 2 pick I'm not trading. That is gold in this draft. In fact, i'm trying to figure out how to get an extra 2nd and 3rd rnd pick without trading that 2nd rnd pick.
            Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK2)
            REC: 8
            YARDS: 89
            TDS: 2

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Probably because he thinks we have other bigger needs that take priority and the LB depth isn’t that great.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Have any specific ideas on pass protectors and run blockers in the later rounds...?
                I have a few WR's I like in the 4th round. Any suggestions on 4th round RT's...?

Without a trade-back we are a couple picks short of meeting our needs IMO. LB, IDL, and CB are all needs.
                Oh I’ll let H2 figure that out. Although I haven’t been shy about pimping Salyer at RT.
                😎

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

This guy might be a 3rd rnd guy. I posted in another thread but will leave it here too. the links are his 2023 highlights and his combine highlights.

Patrick Paul Houston, OT, 6'7, 331 Lbs. He played LT @ Houston. Could play swing tackle and be an eventual starter @ RT.

Patrick Paul Left Tackle Highlights - YouTube

Patrick Paul Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

​​​
                  I'm sorry... but the previous poster specifically wanted "later round OT's".
                  Besides, in the third round, I can find WR's, CB's, IDL's, and LB's all much better than Patrick Paul.
                  We are a BPA organization now. Reaching for 5th round OT's (Pipkins, not Paul) is no longer allowed.
                  If you want a Joe Hortiz 3rd round comp @RT... think Orlando Brown Jr.
                  OLineCentric

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I'm sorry... but the previous poster specifically wanted "later round OT's".
                    Besides, in the third round, I can find WR's, CB's, IDL's, and LB's all much better than Patrick Paul.
                    We are a BPA organization now. Reaching for 5th round OT's (Pipkins, not Paul) is no longer allowed.
                    If you want a Joe Hortiz 3rd round comp @RT... think Orlando Brown Jr.
                    Trying to figure out where these guys are going and giving round grades on these guys is a crap shoot. Paul could go in the 5th round for all I know. I mean just look at all the mocks every year they are all over the place. I'm just looking at guys that could potentially fit the Chargers. Where they are drafted, I have no freaking clue..lol. I will let Hortiz/Harbaugh figure that stuff out. I wanted that combo from the beginning so whatever they decide I'm all in.

Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK2)
                    REC: 8
                    YARDS: 89
                    TDS: 2

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

This just in off the high speed sports wire! According to my sources, Chargers are likely to draft a punter in Round 2 if there isn't a linebacker available that they like! REACTION!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                        Who knows who the fuck they are going to pick. We all can think Alt and it can be Nabers. Whoever it is they better own it.
                        They have to be *right* about the player they select at #5, absolutely.

No matter which need they attempt to address with that pick-- RT? TE? DT? WR?-- if the guy picked is a good solution to the problem, I'm not going to be complaining.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          The idea of trading down has two possibilities that scare me -
                          1. Look how many times we've missed on first and second round picks
                          2. you are passing on one of the best position players in the draft to get that extra pick.

On the other hand, I love the idea of getting two new starters instead of one.
                          We haven’t trade down since 2003 so I’m not as scared.

Comment

Working...
                          X