• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    In the Pro Football Network's latest mock, they have us trading back with the Vikings for their 2 first round picks this year and picking:
    JPJ @#23 slots just about right...then, in round 2, D-line, CB, OG, LB or RB maybe...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      JH3 and Me
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

That is some conjecture!
      Critty is calling his shot, 99% of the world disagrees but that is ok. He's got a chip and a chair, maybe he'll be right? (can say that about most draft picks - nobody is really "sure" or Robert Gallery would be inducted in the HOF, he was as can't miss as almost anyone)
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        I wouldn't waste a pick on Bowers, let some other team over draft him.

Didn't do combine. Didn't do pro day.

I posted my concerns with him were his style of play would not work so well at NFL level. That he would end up on IR.

And he already is having hamstring issues.

Here is some complete conjecture and speculation by me..... Bowers ate and drank his way up to 243lbs. Then he worked to lose the weight of all that extra food/water and ended up getting dehydrated and then pull his hamstring because he wants to be light so he can test under 4.5 40yd dash. And now will wait 3 more weeks to run. If I'm Hortiz, I put him on the don't draft list and let someone else deal with the over hype TE prospect.
        ​​
        Wow, now there's some random speculation.

MHJ and Nabahs didn't do the combine or pro day either .....I guess we should pass? Let someone else deal with them.

I really don't care if Bowers runs over a 4.5. Sam LaPorta ran a 4.59 at 245 lbs 🙆
        If Bowers runs a 4.55...great.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
          I wouldn't waste a pick on Bowers, let some other team over draft him.

Didn't do combine. Didn't do pro day.

I posted my concerns with him were his style of play would not work so well at NFL level. That he would end up on IR.

And he already is having hamstring issues.

Here is some complete conjecture and speculation by me..... Bowers ate and drank his way up to 243lbs. Then he worked to lose the weight of all that extra food/water and ended up getting dehydrated and then pull his hamstring because he wants to be light so he can test under 4.5 40yd dash. And now will wait 3 more weeks to run. If I'm Hortiz, I put him on the don't draft list and let someone else deal with the over hype TE prospect.
          Reluctantly agree...if it was just ONE injury, and he hasn't had any other issues, I might give Bowers a pass...but, it's the recent HAMSTRING, and also, that surgery he had in the fall for his ANKLE...hate to spend a 1st round pick on habitually damaged goods...

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/georgia_te_brock_bowers_updates_nfl_draft_world_on _hamstring_injury/s1_13132_40112062

Georgia star tight end Brock Bowers is expected to be sidelined at least a month after sustaining a high ankle sprain that will require surgery.

Comment

• Eurobolt
            *** Jim Harbaugh ***
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

JPJ @#23 slots just about right...then, in round 2, D-line, CB, OG, LB or RB maybe...
            We not getting JPJ at 23 coz Eagles take him at 22.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

We not getting JPJ at 23 coz Eagles take him at 22.
              In that case, take Cooper Beebe...let's get a REAL OG instead of one of these conversion projects...

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

Liar's time is crazy right now. Rumor is Commanders might be drafting JJ with the pick @ #2.
                Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK3)
                REC: 10
                YARDS: 133
                TDS: 3

Comment

• Eurobolt
                  *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post
                  Liar's time is crazy right now. Rumor is Commanders might be drafting JJ with the pick @ #2.
                  It is better than ESPN mock where Cards went QB and traded Murray to Vikings...

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Cowherd and John Middlekauff today are talking about what I posted on here a day or two ago - Harbaugh is playing up J.J. McCarthy in order to raise the trade value of the Chargers #5 pick. It's very interesting. They also opine Harbaugh may not be interested in drafting a receiver at #5, so often WRs drafted that high who seem like a lock to succeed in the NFL don't. They aren't always as good in the pros as they were in college. I posted about this a day or two also, in the WR thread, listing the highest drafted 1st rnd receivers of the past several drafts and showing how WRs drafted in the 2nd and 3rd rounds often turn out to be better.

How Jim Harbaugh is using J.J. McCarthy to help Chargers with NFL Draft

Comment

• bman6555
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

It is better than ESPN mock where Cards went QB and traded Murray to Vikings...
                      What you mean the Cardinals aren't going to eat a 46 million dead cap hit and simultaneously piss off every fan and future qb prospect.
                      I'm shocked I tell you, it's almost like TV channels say crazy stuff intentionally to drive views.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Critty is calling his shot, 99% of the world disagrees but that is ok. He's got a chip and a chair, maybe he'll be right? (can say that about most draft picks - nobody is really "sure" or Robert Gallery would be inducted in the HOF, he was as can't miss as almost anyone)
                        Speaking of sure-fire, "can't miss" prospects, remember "The Boz?"

image.png

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

[QUOTE=Velo;n1673134]Cowherd and John Middlekauff today are talking about what I posted on here a day or two ago - Harbaugh is playing up J.J. McCarthy in order to raise the trade value of the Chargers #5 pick. It's very interesting. They also opine Harbaugh may not be interested in drafting a receiver at #5, so often WRs drafted that high who seem like a lock to succeed in the NFL don't. They aren't always as good in the pros as they were in college. I posted about this a day or two also, in the WR thread, listing the highest drafted 1st rnd receivers of the past several drafts and showing how WRs drafted in the 2nd and 3rd rounds often turn out to be better.

How Jim Harbaugh is using J.J. McCarthy to help Chargers with NFL Draft

[/QUOTE
                          ]

I don’t believe that shit. For wvery every draft there’s a Calvin Johnson Julio Jones Jamar Chase. Larry Fitzgerald. These guys are elite in that category.

Comment

Working...
                          X