• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
    If WRs are insane route runners...im almost always fine with just the film. Keenan ran slow. But his routes were why i had him so high. 3rd round made me laugh. Pickens the same thing. I do sort of want to see what Nabers does though. lol Doubt he runs now. I also think Harrison and Odunze have more of the route tree under their belts and while they can play the slot...they are Godly perimeter prospects. I think Nabers will do damage in the slot. Over 50% of his damage came from the slot in 2023. So i want to see his deep speed. He runs good routes...not all of them are on film though. I also tend to think guys like McConkey and Roman Wilson make insane slot WRs and if we double down...I almost prefer Harrison or Odunze to compliment guys like that. Same with Pearsall and Corley. Washington and Cowing are a couple other slot guys that would comp Harrison and Odunze nicely. Wondering who would be there with the Keenan 4th we acquired.

Roman Wilson and Odunze might be my highest IQ type WRs. I love that Odunze bit the bullet and put it all out for everyone to see. If Nabers doesnt run...and given his slot usage(Slot guys dont typically go high...wondering if Rome gets drafted ahead of him) he may take a hit. Doubtful but lets see his pace. Risky for him to run imo. With Odunze biting his heels. Id like to see his athletic numbers compared to Romes. But its no deal breaker.

For comparison Chase was a 25% slot guy at LSU. Nabers keeps getting compared to Chase. If i recall Nabers was more perimeter the year prior. But such a savvy slot guy. I dont compare him to Chase. I do compare Odunze to Jefferson though. Would love to see Nabers run in the 4.3's. And if he doesnt...i might think hes just hiding the fact he is a 4.5 guy.

I promise this is a slight on Nabers...and yes i like Odunze more and have all season...Nabers is a total beast. But he is neck and neck with Rome amongst many respected draft guys. I want to see him feel the need to separate a little bit with Rome.
    I know nobody even thinks of him and I'm not advocating as id like more speed and two good rookies w/ big upside.... but i did really like him at Clemson and he had a 100+ reception season when they gave him chances with injuries. Cheaper than Boyd.

This video is strictly of his route running.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
      Let's do this!
      • Aug 2022
      • Raleigh N. Carolina
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

For me, he just seems like he’s going to be an entitled diva moving forward. It’s not even him not doing workouts that bother me as much as, not even talking to teams and the media at the combine. Look, I could be wrong, I just have a feeling.

I want a guy that is just as much of a blue chip player and puts in the work to show everybody another reason why they are the best. I’ll say it again and again, Odunze will be the best WR to come out of this draft. He is the ultimate team player.
      Funny, I had the exact opposite take.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Alabama Ohio State and USC all had pro days today

Wonder who the Bears are sending to Columbus and Bama

But to your point -- spending a lot of time with one of the drafts best pure RT prospects - interesting
        Spoiler...he was gonna be in my "...Its whats for dinner" mock 4.0...but Wu put one out in that vein...now Im leaning wild game with a "Wolverines!" sig mock, coming soon...

Ive warmed up to Latham...if we are truly going powergap/playaction, his movement skills in passpro become more forgivable...though honestly, not really that bad. He plays smart, and hands off/redirects crossover stunts really well...and the run game? Friggin tank...
        Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Kind of shocked how small and slow some of the top DBs are this year. Honestly just not vibing with a lot of them Arnold is technically a very solid CB. McKinstry is solid....has some flaws...they all do. Nobody really screaming top 10 to me. Some of the faster guys also need work. I think my favorite all around DB is still Cooper Dejean. But most of the DBs i like i put in pick 17 and back range. Im hoping Dejean can run at his private work out for teams coming off a broken leg. Still really love his versatility. But man i guess im just sort of tempered with the DBs. As much as we need them. 40 times are not everything....but man its becoming more important with CBs these days. The way teams use guys like hill...pre snap movement...backing off DBs to get them in space...they are getting blown past.

No question Arnold is a very high IQ football player and that helps sort of overcome any lack of speed. But projecting these guys in the NFL is tough for me right now. There are a lot of guys that will be available at other positions of need that i feel much safer with. WR and OL especially. I do think it makes a lot of sense to look at a couple of the free agent CBs on the market.
          No love for Q. Mitchell?...good size and speed...showed he could handle press duties at senior bowl...

Love DeJean...doesnt seem to slot to us though...barring the 11 and 23 dream...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Looks like he met with 9 teams at the combine.
            my bad, I miss understood when they said not meeting media.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Oklahoma
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Becton is a free agent
              good catch, slipped by me because he’s still unsigned….not surprisingly

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Spoiler...he was gonna be in my "...Its whats for dinner" mock 4.0...but Wu put one out in that vein...now Im leaning wild game with a "Wolverines!" sig mock, coming soon...

Ive warmed up to Latham...if we are truly going powergap/playaction, his movement skills in passpro become more forgivable...though honestly, not really that bad. He plays smart, and hands off/redirects crossover stunts really well...and the run game? Friggin tank...
                How do you add the Mock at the bottom of your page? Sorry for the noob question.
                Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK2)
                REC: 8
                YARDS: 89
                TDS: 2

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Send PM

I can only do it pc...but i download the mock, then when you select upload file on your post window, your pc files pop up. Click and drag to square where you type.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                    I can only do it pc...but i download the mock, then when you select upload file on your post window, your pc files pop up. Click and drag to square where you type.
                    Ok thanks. I thought you could add like a sig or something.
                    Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK2)
                    REC: 8
                    YARDS: 89
                    TDS: 2

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Alabama Ohio State and USC all had pro days today

Wonder who the Bears are sending to Columbus and Bama

But to your point -- spending a lot of time with one of the drafts best pure RT prospects - interesting
                      Might be an option if we trade down with the Vikings and use the 11th pick on him.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Might be an option if we trade down with the Vikings and use the 11th pick on him.
                        I go back to Allbright - he had Adarius Mims 4-6 weeks ago - to the Chargers

Granted, BenA hasn't done a new mock or like "what he is hearing in the top 5" since

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I know nobody even thinks of him and I'm not advocating as id like more speed and two good rookies w/ big upside.... but i did really like him at Clemson and he had a 100+ reception season when they gave him chances with injuries. Cheaper than Boyd.

This video is strictly of his route running.

He was a pain in the ass for us if i recall? When he had Carr? May end up there. lol

Comment

Working...
                          X