• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The Vikes may have heard a rumor that another team wanted to trade up to #3 or #4, so maybe #5 might not be high enough for them to secure their targeted QB...apparently Maye in this case...as the draft gets closer, there's still a possibility of a trade down...some GM in the hot seat may feel it warming up, and may feel he has to make a move...
    We won't have a trade down opportunity until draft day and after pick 4 and only then if the QB a team wants is still there. If you're the Vikings you're trying to get to 2 or 3 right now

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We won't have a trade down opportunity until draft day and after pick 4 and only then if the QB a team wants is still there. If you're the Vikings you're trying to get to 2 or 3 right now
      They won’t be able to get to 2. Or probably 3. It’s essentially working on getting 4 until draft day.

Comment

• eaterfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

They won’t be able to get to 2. Or probably 3. It’s essentially working on getting 4 until draft day.
        I can't see NE passing on a QB, as you imply, but maybe in draft day they don't like the QB that drops there and will trade the pick. But I really see 4 and 5 as their most realistic targets.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

What do you think people will see at his pro day that they wouldn't see on film?
          Agree and word is he asked scouts/teams if there was something they need to see at the pro day. They said no. Only thing id guess would be his 40. Kool Aid is going to run his 40 today,....so ive read

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I think 2 is out. 3 is possible. NE needs a lot more than just a QB, although they need a franchise QB. But
            we've seen teams get a QB with poor supporting casts. It doesn't work very well. Just ask Carolina.

4 may or may not work. Arizona seems fixated on a top WR. Not sure #11 will work.

It's going to be #3 or #5. But really who knows? There is a bunch of teams after #11 that need a QB.
            Right now non have the amo to match the Vikings.

Comment

• eaterfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

I think 2 is out. 3 is possible. NE needs a lot more than just a QB, although they need a franchise QB. But
              we've seen teams get a QB with poor supporting casts. It doesn't work very well. Just ask Carolina.

4 may or may not work. Arizona seems fixated on a top WR. Not sure #11 will work.

It's going to be #3 or #5. But really who knows? There is a bunch of teams after #11 that need a QB.
              Right now non have the amo to match the Vikings.
              The problem with NE trading down for them, is it's really hard to get a 1st round grade QB. There are 3 in this draft and it's a pretty good year. It will cost so much more for NE to get one next year or in two years when they are ready. If they have to spend 2 1sts plus additional picks to move back up in the future to get a lesser prospect, what are they doing to the rest of their roster?

While I certainly like 11 and 23 for 5, I definitely wouldn't mind a future first from Denver or Las Vegas. I could easily see Denver having the number 1 overall next year. That roster is depleted from a bad squad last year. If McCarthy is a bust, that pick could wield trade downs that could build a dynasty. What if Pierce is actually more like the coach he's been everywhere else and not the 10 game sample from last year? That could be a top 5 pick next year.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Kool Aid ran an unofficial 4.47 today. 5'11.5", 199 lbs

I dont know what a Jones fracture is but apparently it doesnt bother him as he didnt know he had it and he is getting surgery on it after this and will be ready for TC.

May have moved him up a little in round 1.

Havent seen yet if Arnold has run again. He ran a 4.5 at the combine so they are about the same anyways.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

The problem with NE trading down for them, is it's really hard to get a 1st round grade QB. There are 3 in this draft and it's a pretty good year. It will cost so much more for NE to get one next year or in two years when they are ready. If they have to spend 2 1sts plus additional picks to move back up in the future to get a lesser prospect, what are they doing to the rest of their roster?

While I certainly like 11 and 23 for 5, I definitely wouldn't mind a future first from Denver or Las Vegas. I could easily see Denver having the number 1 overall next year. That roster is depleted from a bad squad last year. If McCarthy is a bust, that pick could wield trade downs that could build a dynasty. What if Pierce is actually more like the coach he's been everywhere else and not the 10 game sample from last year? That could be a top 5 pick next year.
                  Whether or not NE gets a QB they will finish at the bottom or near the bottom of their division. They probably do better than #3, but by how much?
                  IF they do get a QB, it's probably best they sit him while they build up around him. We've seen this story before, and not just with Carolina.

Comment

• eaterfan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Whether or not NE gets a QB they will finish at the bottom or near the bottom of their division. They probably do better than #3, but by how much?
                    IF they do get a QB, it's probably best they sit him while they build up around him. We've seen this story before, and not just with Carolina.
                    Sure. But we've also seen it go the other way recently with Burrow and I would argue, Stroud. After this season we see that the roster was good, but heading into the year they were projected to be one of the worst teams. AZ was projected to have 2 of the top 5 picks by Vegas and many publications.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Lots of top tier Pro Days today.
                      Tune in.
                      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree and word is he asked scouts/teams if there was something they need to see at the pro day. They said no. Only thing id guess would be his 40. Kool Aid is going to run his 40 today,....so ive read
                        Koolaid dropped down rankings (no one knows abut actual team boards) because he was perceived to have a slow 40 time, and now of course the discovered foot injury. He ran a 4.47, I read - which is a lot better than the mid 4.5's rumor that has dogged him. He still has that foot fracture that teams medical staffs will want to get intimate with.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• charger1_sj
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

Sure. But we've also seen it go the other way recently with Burrow and I would argue, Stroud. After this season we see that the roster was good, but heading into the year they were projected to be one of the worst teams. AZ was projected to have 2 of the top 5 picks by Vegas and many publications.
                          Houston maybe. Not Burrow. He got injured as a rookie in the latter part of the season. Cincy finished 4-11-1 and got another high round pick.
                          Already had Mixon, Higgins. Then he got Chase the following year, since they stunk with Burrow with little weapons.

Comment

Working...
                          X