• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    Looking at some videos again today on the three top receivers......not looking at just their games but some comparison videos that are out there as well. Trying all approaches. Need something more than highlights against the shitier teams.

Nabahs is a very good receiver, but am I the only one thinking he is better in the slot than as the X receiver? MHJ is a X,.....Odunze is a X and either can play the slot but just seems to me that Nabers biggest plays are in the slot in the middle of the field getting behind LBs and then getting his YAC. Not saying he didn't make plays outside too, he did but just saying i think he would be an exceptional slot receiver.

It's why I am on Odunze ahead of him figuring MHJ goes to AZ. Still on Bowers and think we will go WR later....but if I'm choosing, that's what I think.

Anybody want to add anything to that? I'll look again if i have to if I'm missing something....even though I don't think we picking either lol...but I've been wrong before.
    My question in the pros is this. Say Nabah is in the slot where he has a knack for weaving through the middle of the defense and getting open. What is the #1CB doing?

Defend the Slot? #1CB in the slot sort of defeats the purpose of having your best dude covering the outside with less help.
    Defend another WR on outside? Nabah then does damage in the slot.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
      We if stay at #5 we absolutely should take a WR. Not only will it be best talent there but also fulfills a need. If we trade down to #11 with the
      Vikings then things can change.
      Even at #11, an amazing talent will be there. At #5, there will be several amazing talents to choose from. At #11, the Chargers will get the one who's left... which could easily be Bowers.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Oklahoma
        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

My question in the pros is this. Say Nabah is in the slot where he has a knack for weaving through the middle of the defense and getting open. What is the #1CB doing?

Defend the Slot? #1CB in the slot sort of defeats the purpose of having your best dude covering the outside with less help.
        Defend another WR on outside? Nabah then does damage in the slot.
        Like Edelman post Moss when the Patriots did not have a stud out wide

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

I'll add more thoughts on it with Keenan being gone and us not using as many 3 WR sets as before.This is what i envision for Brock.
          He will be our inline TE1 and we will be in 2 and 3 TE sets and in 2 TE sets as Brock a TE as a actual slot reciever and have Hurst in at TE1 and Bowers with his size and speed can take a short pass and use his YAC ability.

I'm in full agreement with Fleet with what a weapon Bowers can be for us. More than just a TE1. Run from the backfield here and there, FB, jets sweeps, in the slot.

Bow Bow Bow still my top pick.

Cheer Up Silly Dancing GIF
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-18-2024, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• LarryAW
            Chargers fan since 1970
            • Sep 2018
            • Chula Vista, CA
            • retired paralegal/court reporter
            • Send PM

I'll add more thoughts on it with Keenan being gone and us not using 3 WR sets as before. This is what i envision for Brock. He will be our inline TE1 and we will be in 2 and 3 TE sets and in 2 TE sets as Brock a TE as a actual slot reciever and have Hurst in at TE1 and Bowers with his size and speed can take a short pass and use his YAC ability.

I'm in full agreement with Fleet with what a weapon Bowers can be for us. More than just a TE1. Run from the backfield here and there, FB, jets sweeps, in the slot.

Winslow, Gates, Sharpe, Gonzalez, Kelce, Christiansen, and many more. This division has had some really great TEs.

I'll put my trust in their roster construction. They know exactly what type of roster they want. In no way is JH's arm not going to be a major factor. That would be just nuts. No issue with having a much more balanced team. How long have we been complaining about about that (MG III)? That's how long "I" have been complaining about it.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Even at #11, an amazing talent will be there. At #5, there will be several amazing talents to choose from. At #11, the Chargers will get the one who's left... which could easily be Bowers.
              Or, one of the top CB's or DT's...which I'm fine with...

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Oklahoma
                • Send PM

LG Cooper Beebe

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

March 18, 2024 - 2:14 pm

Vikes to work out QB McCarthy – twice … A pretty good case can be that ‘the most interesting’ team in the NFL these days is Minnesota, especially after the Vikings acquired that 2nd opening round pick from Houston late last week. And nobody in the league doubts that the Vikings are angling to move up from the 11th pick to address the position. The question is to where and for whom. The logical spots to trade up to are either the 3rd or 4th picks currently held by New England and Arizona respectively. Meanwhile, it appears that one QB definitely on their radar is Michigan’s JJ McCarthy who is generally considered to be QB4 in this year’s draft class. The Vikings will be sending QB coaches Josh McCown and Grant Udinski to the Wolverines pro day on Friday and then GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah and head coach Kevin O’Connell will go to Ann Arbor for a private workout with McCarthy next Tuesday.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Chargers8491
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2022
                      • Send PM

I'll add more thoughts on it with Keenan being gone and us not using 3 WR sets as before. This is what i envision for Brock. He will be our inline TE1 and we will be in 2 and 3 TE sets and in 2 TE sets as Brock a TE as a actual slot reciever and have Hurst in at TE1 and Bowers with his size and speed can take a short pass and use his YAC ability.

I’ve been on the Bowers bandwagon from the get go. He is the perfect TE for our offense. Like I’ve said before he’s not a TE he is a weapon that you can line up anywhere. He will be a mismatch nightmare for DCs.
                      Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK3)
                      REC: 10
                      YARDS: 133
                      TDS: 3

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Been beating my head against the wall, trying to figure how we get 11 and 23. The Vikes want a top 4 QB...they cant commit resources to move to 5, only to watch the Giants leapfrog with AZ 11th hour...even if they called AZ already, and got assurances that they are staying put, they cant trust that...the Giants could swoop in and blow AZ away, and AZ could still get a damn good receiver at 6...

But I think I figured out a scenario that works for everybody...except, of course, New York...

Vikes want #4.
                        AZ wants MHjr, so they gotta stay top5.
                        Chargers want 11 and 23.

So...3 way trade. Vikes get 4. AZ gets 5 and a future Vikes pick...2025 3, or 2026 2nd and 3rd...Chargers get 11 and 23.

Maybe there are some other details...late round picks, swaps...who knows? But in this scenario, everyone gets what they want...Vikes get a QB, Chargers get another first round pick, and AZ still gets their guy, plus a little future draft capitol. Win-Win-Win...

I think a deal is all but finalized...Vikes wouldnt have made their moves to date without assurances...they were told a price, and they gathered the swag in response to that price...only question now is what the deal actually is...and whether we are involved.
                        Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

I don't think it will be that complicated LB. The Toy QB in the Desert needs MHJ. They already have plenty of picks.

My struggle is in finding a value Slot Corner, one of my highest positions of need. Is it your guy Jones ?

The rest is easy. Just buy into trench madness.

Keep grinding brother. Your work is appreciated.

Double Fantasy ? How about Mitch Mitchell ?
                          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                          X