• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
    I'm starting to have CB vibes again... Losing Davis puts a big hole in the secondary that already had big holes. WR is not a lock for the 1st pick... Trade down for a CB might be better.
    I think it really depends on of you can trade down for the Vikings pick. Pretty hard to justify any of these CBs at 5 over Nabers, Odunze or even Alt

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
      Matt Money Smith is saying that the new FO really likes Josh Palmer as the #2. And don’t count out QJ. That the last regime was using him in the Mike Williams role and that’s not what he does. Expects another WR in the 1st 3 picks. Odunze is the target if they are picking in the top 10. 37 Pearsall is the target.
      Pearsall basically to me is a young Keenan.
      Doesnt surprise me. I have no idea why so many here disregard Palmer. He has played well and has has shown he can get deep. He had the winning deep catch against the Raiders last season. Its like some have that idiot Chaincrusher in their head when he kept saying Palmer will never be anything.

Chain was a moron Y'all

I also like Pearsall. Good speed, good hands.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

No thanks at 37, I have Pearsall about 20 in my WR rankings

Great route runner and has looked good at senior bowl and combine but personally I am really ready for something differernt than possession receivers who lack explosiveness, especially with all the WRS in this stacked draft for the position.. We still have Palmer in the same mold. For once just give Herbert an explosive weapon.
        Dude ran a 4.41 and an excellent 3 cone. Averaged 16.6 YPC at Florida on 98 catches. He would be our second fastest reciever after the little guy who returns kicks. I hope we draft 2 WRs from this class depending on how many picks we end up with.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

Maybe he was proven wrong too much and couldn’t take it anymore?
          ha, well....hmm, ill say,... Ninja was a draftnic fanatic for sure. Nobody is right all the time, some are never right and some are more often than not.
          I had disagreements with him at times and some of his guys havent been great that he swore by as now we see them but loved his takes and his detailed roster builds. I wish he would come back.

All opinions are cool!

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Dude ran a 4.41 and an excellent 3 cone. Averaged 16.6 YPC at Florida on 98 catches. He would be our second fastest reciever after the little guy who returns kicks. I hope we draft 2 WRs from this class depending on how many picks we end up with.
            Ok you are selling me, 37 is a little rich for him though it feels. I prefer Legette and his 4.39 at 227 lbs in that range

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Ok you are selling me, 37 is a little rich for him though it feels. I prefer Legette and his 4.39 at 227 lbs in that range
              I wouldnt use 37 on him but if we have multiple 3rds, i might use one. He is just one of several WRs i like in this draft. As usual, it depends who is on the boards when its our turn.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

I wouldnt use 37 on him but if we have multiple 3rds, i might use one. He is just one of several WRs i like in this draft. As usual, it depends who is on the boards when its our turn.
                Absolutely, lots of good choices in this draft.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                  *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

Maybe he was proven wrong too much and couldn’t take it anymore?
                  I do not know the story behind his disappearance.

Comment

• AFboltfan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2018
                    • Balboa Park bench
                    • Medical Simulation
                    • Send PM

I think it really depends on of you can trade down for the Vikings pick. Pretty hard to justify any of these CBs at 5 over Nabers, Odunze or even Alt
                    I'd take the top CB over Alt... I firmly believe in not taking a RT at 5. But yea not over the big 3 WR.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

I love Odunze and he is not slow. 4.45 for a 6 foot 3 218 pounder is fine. More importantly he was fast and flawless in the gauntlet drill on perfect line. This guy can do it all including block which this coaching staff love
                      I wasn't intending to imply that Odunze is slow.. He's not. He just doesn't have "elite" speed. He's so smooth however, with no wasted motion that he's difficult to cover, and he's also a monster competing for the ball in traffic. Nothing NOT to like about the guy.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I wasn't intending to imply that Odunze is slow.. He's not. He just doesn't have "elite" speed. He's so smooth however, with no wasted motion that he's difficult to cover, and he's also a monster competing for the ball in traffic. Nothing NOT to like about the guy.
                        Not all all, no complaints if that is who we end up with.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2023
                          • Send PM

Doesnt surprise me. I have no idea why so many here disregard Palmer. He has played well and has has shown he can get deep. He had the winning deep catch against the Raiders last season. Its like some have that idiot Chaincrusher in their head when he kept saying Palmer will never be anything.

Chain was a moron Y'all

I also like Pearsall. Good speed, good hands.
                          Money commented on Palmers speed and that he just wasn’t used because Herbert didn’t have time and new O coordinator, along with just a bad coaching staff that was simply inept and that Palmer has actually been fantastic when he does get to play and the offense is working.
                          Palmer is viewed very favorably by Harbaughs staff.

I think they want a guy who is either a burner or a pure jump ball boundary/perimeter guy who can do contested catch all day and QJ is the yac guy..

Comment

Working...
                          X