• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Never happen lol. The could trade down and get Alt.
    Probably right but still there are mocks with Alt going top 5...

​​​​

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Actually today I saw a mock draft with the Bears taking Alt at #1 with the idea they are not trading Fields and giving him the top rated protecter! I've also seen many mocks with the Chargers taking Alt @5 based on Harbaugh's philosophy on O!
      Which stupid analyst made that prediction?

I've seen many mocks here on the forum that have us taking Alt @5. Besides Jeramiah have seen exactly 1 more on NFL channel.
      I think before the combine you may been right. Now I see a lot of mocks having us take either MH2 or Nabors. Some have us taking
      an OT other than Alt. I think while some other O line guys stock has gone up, Alt has not.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Which stupid analyst made that prediction?

I've seen many mocks here on the forum that have us taking Alt @5. Besides Jeramiah have seen exactly 1 more on NFL channel.
        I think before the combine you may been right. Now I see a lot of mocks having us take either MH2 or Nabors. Some have us taking
        an OT other than Alt. I think while some other O line guys stock has gone up, Alt has not.
        See the above link... I believe it's from pro football network!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

It is called Liar's Season
          for a reason.

I smell Jets writers.

And Daniel has been munching on
          Cheech and Chong gummies.
          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

See the above link... I believe it's from pro football network!
            I think if they keep Fields (unlikely) they would trade that # 1 pick for a ransom. Certainly would not take Alt #1.
            They could take Alt in the 1st round, just not @ 1.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

I think if they keep Fields (unlikely) they would trade that # 1 pick for a ransom. Certainly would not take Alt #1.
              They could take Alt in the 1st round, just not @ 1.
              The top five picks are usually right with the majority consensus of experts picks! This guy who mocked Alt #1 probably will never happen! To me Caleb Williams going first is a bit of a risk tho! He's around 2 inches taller and weighs around 10 pounds more than Bryce Young who everyone said was a great pick until the season started!

If I was the Bears I'd draft MHJ @1 and shock the world!

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post
                IF the Cards trade down from #4 for a team that wants JJ it would be a bonus to the Chargers. They could draft the best non-Q in the draft.
                HOWEVER, you must trade down. MHJ, D.Turner, OL will be hot at this point. Trade down and you can still get a WR, OL or a CB or Dallas T.
                The cards could also trade down to a team that wants MHJ?

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Mahomes fell to the 10th overall pick. He was not considered the Andrew Luck of his draft.

I doubt anyone in the NFL would start a team with Saquon Barkley over Buffalo's Josh Allen right now. You're giving Saquon credit for winning a Wild Card playoff game over Minnesota, in which Daniel Jones rushed for more yards than Barkley in that victory, and then you say, "What has Josh Allen won???" Allen has taken the Bills to the playoffs five straight seasons and played in an AFC Championship Game. Saquon has been in the postseason once, which ended in a blowout loss to the Eagles. There is no way the Giants made the right decision to select Barkley second overall over Josh Allen in the 2018 NFL Draft.
                  You can have your opinion. But I know what Saquon has done in this league. That’s like saying the Lions should’ve took Deion Sanders over Barry Sanders. Barry was awful in the playoffs but he’s a hall of famer.

Your argument about Josh Allen. Hasn’t won a Super Bowl. Has not took them to the AFC championship game. That was one AFC divisional he had one great playoff game against Mahomes. This season he over threw a game winning touchdown. And he always turns the ball over. Now he’s one of the top Quarterbacks in the league but he’s not Mahomes.

And give me scoreboard. Saquon was the reason that team was in the playoffs. Saquon has had run after run.

But you don’t talk about the team they put around him.

As for Mahomes if you studied the draft there was an Andrew Luck in that draft Patrick Mahomes. One team did their homework Andy Reid Brett Veicham and they have 3 super bowls.

But we put these coaches on this pedastal Kyle Shanahan this GM John Lynch is so brilliant. What’s so brilliant about them. They watch tape????? You have a glaring need for a Quarterback and you don’t want to look at the top Quarterback. You don’t want to watch how he spins it. See his footwork. His play. But because he goes to Texas Tech he’s a system Quarterback. But these are the same guys who will trade everything for Trey Lance. That tells you what you need to know about these two.

Did you see what Mahomes did all of college football true scouts saw what he did against the number 1 pick in next seasons draft that you talked about Baker Mayfield. That was the game of the season. And you think anybody would be like that’s the guy to draft. Anybody with sense.

This is what I do. I looked at Justin Herbert against Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. I saw the comeback. I said that’s Tom Brady. He has it. That’s a franchise Quarterback. I called NFL Radio Movin The Chains Jim Miller Pat Kirwin. I said Justin Herbert has some Tom Brady in him. I was mocked laughed at. Not after I called back. When he played his ass off against Tom Brady and Tampa Bay.

So in drafts when I see my guys I know. You look at a guy. Bowers has it. Because he looks like a Football player.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

The top five picks are usually right with the majority consensus of experts picks! This guy who mocked Alt #1 probably will never happen! To me Caleb Williams going first is a bit of a risk tho! He's around 2 inches taller and weighs around 10 pounds more than Bryce Young who everyone said was a great pick until the season started!

If I was the Bears I'd draft MHJ @1 and shock the world!
                    When all is said and done Daniels may end up being the best QB from this class.

I now see more mocks with us taking either MH2 or Nabors. Less so with Alt.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Stock Exchange has Alt at #3 & #5.
                      He is compared to Sewell, who was taken at #7 and converted to ORT, last time I checked my notes.

Jeremiah must be hearing things about Fuaga @ #5.

Stay tuned.
                      We are just getting started.
                      Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

NO WAY Harbaugh takes Alt at 5....
                        to play RT!!!!
                        Plenty of RT's available later in Round 1 if we want to go that way( trade down, down, down!)

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X