First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by richpjr View Post

If you go by the draft charts, the 11 and 23 are worth a combined 2010 points while the fifth pick is worth 1700 points. That 310-point differential is "worth" a low second round pick this year. I suppose it depends on what he thinks is advantageous. I have a hard time believing some of the more lopsided trades discussed are faintly realistic - I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
    Yes, I am not sure the Chargers could get 11, 23 and a future FRP to move from 5 to 11 - but maybe they can. I think 11 and 23 are good value for 5 - if your draft rankings, taking out the 4 QBs, show that 11 is a very good player. Now Hortiz said he makes sure he has 32 players he can draft in R1 as there are 32 slots. But that doesn't mean its a linear stair step that player player grades are the same between 1 and 2 as they are 31 and 32

My guess, the top 10 players have bigger gaps than 20-30. Hence, don't get cute and over think this if three QBs go.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by ChargerTrader View Post
    I had another thought about a trade down scenario this morning that I do not think I have seen mentioned anywhere.

Don't skewer me... But the Bears... First four picks go either four QBs or 3 QBs and MHJ.

Chargers, sitting at #5, get a call from the Bears. They offer #9, 2024 2nd and 2025 2nd. The Bears do this to add the dynamic Nabers to the team. The Bears could stay at 9 and get Odunze, but make the move.

Chargers move down four spots and gain another pick this year and next.

Thoughts?
    If they are set on RT being the focus of our first pick, then why not move back and get the guy you wanted anyway?

I wont quibble over your suggested compensation...most on here think they are trade compensation mensa, and will happily tell you your proposal is too rich, or too poor for us...bottom line, I have always thought that if they are in love with Fuaga or Latham...get whatever the hell you can, and get your guy anyway....talk tough, but dont hold the line, cuz if you get nothing, then pick Fuaga anyway...nose...spite...face...

Now...if they want Alt, or one of the Big 3 wrs...then off course you rape them...because you are actually giving something up, and settling for a lower prospect on your board...

But again, hard to speculate...cuz what many of us forget...we have zero idea what the Chargers' board looks like...for all we know, Dallas Turner or Johnny Newton are top dawg...

Leave a comment:

• bman6555
    replied
    Originally posted by richpjr View Post

If you go by the draft charts, the 11 and 23 are worth a combined 2010 points while the fifth pick is worth 1700 points. That 310-point differential is "worth" a low second round pick this year. I suppose it depends on what he thinks is advantageous. I have a hard time believing some of the more lopsided trades discussed are faintly realistic - I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
    The draft pick value charts apply well when do regular trades not involving QBs. For example moving up to grab a preferred WR in a draft or a pass rusher. QBs however have a large premium on top of usual values. For example Chicago wouldn't part ways with the 1st pick even if you offered them 3500 points of value, which is more than the 1st overall pick's 3000 value. So yeah if the Vikes were coming up to grab Alt for example their 11 and 23 would be plenty of value for the Chargers, but because it is for a QB there are likely many other teams who would beat that initial offer and thus why they'd also likely need to throw in a future pick as well.

Leave a comment:

• FoutsFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The Bears do not have a 2024 2nd round pick - sent it to the WTF - so it would have to be a 2025 FRP.

Trading with the Bears, Jets and Broncos is tricky - none have a 2nd rounder this year
    I am glad to see you and others on the forum embracing the Washington Team of Football (WTF) acronym.

BTW WTF comes in gallons. I bought some at Sam's Club.

5467.jpg

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by blueman View Post
    Gonna be very surprised if Horitz trades 5 for two firsts. Doesn’t seem like what he’s talked about at all.

Leave a comment:

• northerner
    replied

Very true

And except for Bosa staying and Allen leaving - I think JH2 have nailed the offseason with the moves made but more importantly, the THOUGHT PROCESS!! I truly wonder if Telesco ever had a vision. And I think he probably did he just wasn't good at his job. But I can see with JH2, the vision they have this offseason
    1) clear up the cap
    2) sign players to contracts that aren't cap bustings - meaning even though Wilkins would have been nice at IDL - they refrained
    3) have created getting more draft picks

So whatever they do on Thursday and the week end, I am good with. I trust they know what they are doing. And if they pick Joe Alt over Marvin Harrison or nabers tomorrow - I trust that there draft board has Alt higher

Jason from OTC put out something yesterday about the value of second contracts by the drafting team - the Ravens were highest. That team has a clue and the Chargers got three people that that front office -- I hvae no worries about tomorrow

Sure I would love to trade back with the Giants and still get Nabers -but we shall see. The only thing that would truly tick me off is if Nabers is ranked third on their draft board and Alt was 6th and they picked Alt over Nabers - or a scenario like that. But this is the Ravens DNA with Hortiz - thats not happening in all likelihood
    not sure on this one. i felt that way before free agency began, but i think we found out everyone's true colors in the process. i am not a sentimental guy unless we are talking about Fouts, Rivers, Seau or the old Air Coryell guys - so fuck Keenan in my book (more like MEnan Allen). if Bosa stays remotely healthy, the gamble will pay off. yes, big IF.

regarding Nabers, I love that guy's speed. effortless speed.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by blueman View Post
    Gonna be very surprised if Horitz trades 5 for two firsts. Doesn’t seem like what he’s talked about at all.
    I can possibly see him trading back with the Vikings for 11 and 23 with another pick added to the mix

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied

Yeah, they would have to make a move to acquire that second rounder, but that would result in too much draft capital lost.
    The best teams to trade with - to me are

Giants at 6 if they want a QB and are willing to pay to move up one spot to get there before the Vikings

Or the Vikings if they really send a good deal

Leave a comment:

• ChargerTrader
    replied

The Bears do not have a 2024 2nd round pick - sent it to the WTF - so it would have to be a 2025 FRP.

Trading with the Bears, Jets and Broncos is tricky - none have a 2nd rounder this year
    Yeah, they would have to make a move to acquire that second rounder, but that would result in too much draft capital lost.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    I had another thought about a trade down scenario this morning that I do not think I have seen mentioned anywhere.

Don't skewer me... But the Bears... First four picks go either four QBs or 3 QBs and MHJ.

Chargers, sitting at #5, get a call from the Bears. They offer #9, 2024 2nd and 2025 2nd. The Bears do this to add the dynamic Nabers to the team.

Chargers move down four spots and gain another pick.

Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• ChargerTrader
    replied

Chargers, sitting at #5, get a call from the Bears. They offer #9, 2024 2nd and 2025 2nd. The Bears do this to add the dynamic Nabers to the team. The Bears could stay at 9 and get Odunze, but make the move.

Chargers move down four spots and gain another pick this year and next.

Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X