• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

The more I think about it, I dont care what positions or who the new regime drafts, what is the most clear is that they need to trade down in the first round, maybe even twice..if possible.

What they need most of all is extra picks with the cap and roster situation

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

He's very good... much better than Zach Frazier in my opinion.

If the Chargers get a mid 2nd, and move down to get him ... i wouldn't mind.
      how high do you want to take JPJ? a mid 2nd rounder is not going to get the chargers low enough if they stick to the traditional trade value chart points, a mid second rounder gets the chargers down to like pick #11 or #12 and that's really high to draft a center, plus if the team trading up is drafting a QB the price would be even higher especially if it's Denver or Las Vegas, didn't someone post that the highest ever center drafted went #14?
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

He was a solid tackle but not worth a #1 overall pick. That was a weak draft though
        The point is the Chiefs have invested most of their first-round picks on both sides of the line. They haven't invested any first-round picks in wide receivers or tight ends. Why do you think that is?

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Salyer at RT is not a risk. He’s young, and needs the attention Pip got lol. Also Salyer played in a big time school, Pip did not. It shows with Pip, with Salyer? He’s had a better good game/bad game ratio than Pip at this point, even though Pip has played more (FWIW it seemed to me Salyer was thrust into the open OG spot cuz none of TT’s other picks were better, that was the issue).

Sayler and Zion look to be in the mix for us moving forward, Pip not. IMHO (no amount of new coaching will make his feet move faster or get his brain recognizing who he needs to block). It’s great he was average, at his best, don’t you think Harbaugh wants better? And if it’s not Sayler at RT, okay, but don’t sell me average and expect me to like it.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't disagree but you thinking a RT will fix the entire OL is ridiculous. That's one of 4 spots that sucked....with his being the best of the 4, according to the performance bible.
            I never said that a RT will fix the whole OL.
            What is ridiculous is not addressing that position just because other positions haven't lived up to their potential.
            What is ridiculous is suggesting that a 1st round TE is needed to provide training wheels for a below-average RT on his 6th year.
            You want a blocking TE...? Get him in the 6th round. There are better blocking TE's than Bowers.
            What is ridiculous is suggesting that the team needs a TE over a RT so they can run better... or protect the QB better.
            If your TE is run blocking all the time... or pass blocking all the time... what was the point in taking him @#5. That's ridiculous!
            OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Boltnut has never said that. He's on the record for a center in the second round.

If there were a Quenton Nelson in this draft I'm sure Boltnut would be all about him with our first-round pick. The best option for the offensive line with our fifth overall pick seems to be Alt, though. If Hortiz and Harbaugh don't want Alt there, so be it.
              Thanks DB... at least someone reads my posts all the way through.
              OLineCentric

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Oklahoma
                • Send PM

Tip Reiman is my new late round/UDFA TE.
                Props to Woody or whoever it was on him early.
                Beach’s report said he can’t run routes but serious blocking potential,IMG_1523.jpg
                Last edited by Leslie Grossman; 03-02-2024, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
                  The more I think about it, I dont care what positions or who the new regime drafts, what is the most clear is that they need to trade down in the first round, maybe even twice..if possible.

What they need most of all is extra picks with the cap and roster situation
                  I've warmed up to the trade down scenarios too, especially in this draft, the QB class is going to push some great players down 3 to 4 spots lower than they otherwise would be going...so even a modest trade down to 6, 8, 10, or 11 would bring much needed draft capital to the team both in 2024 and in 2025...you trade down to 11 and you can still get a top corner, a top edge, or a one of the last top rated WRs or OTs...and the team would load up on multiple picks in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4rth rounds...
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Thanks DB... at least someone reads my posts all the way through.
                    I know we have the head coach. I'm confident in Hortiz. Let's get us some road graders and maulers.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Javon Baker * mostly solid, good play speed, B side player, not good on comeback route, pretty good high pointing ball
                      Jermaine Burton * no real negatives, limited, but can play, not gonna blow you away, not crisp route runner (mindset ?), short area burst B-, good hands, has to win downfield
                      Keon Coleman * basketball skills translate, has catch radius, play speed better than his 40, raw/lots of room to grow, refine his skills & look out, drop issues, gonna be sick in RZ
                      Troy Franklin * looks like Calvin Ridley/Jordan Addison clone, better vert than short area, route running needs work, dangerous once he gets moving (crossers), has lower body explosion, hesitates/needs to get mind moving faster
                      Anthony Gould * mostly a return guy, maybe a slot guy
                      Jha'Quan Jackson * related to Ed Reed, good speed, very smooth, routes were good, worst vert
                      Cornelius Johnson * backup @best
                      Xavier Legette * looks a little like DK Metcalf, got some giddy up and his routes are clean for a big body, bit stiff but can really move
                      Ladd McConkey * no way he fails, so good @the SB.... so damn good
                      Luke McCaffrey * nice play speed/can really run, route skills are there, kinda moves like his last name (not to be overlooked)
                      Adonai Mitchell * exaggerates route well, he's a freak, very impressed overall
                      Rome Odunze * reliable hands, no wasted movement, very fluid, not a burner, but damn good, gonna be a RZ machine
                      Ricky Persall * not just fast, quick, nice comeback route, smooth all the way around
                      Ja'Lynn Polk * looks better than Jalen McMillen, not a burner, but has enough, not crisp in his routes, not overwhelming short area, not blown away
                      Brendan Rice * positive play speed, smooth, is he going to separate, crafty, movement skills better than expected/hoped for
                      Brian Thomas Jr. * makes it look easy, smooth, dropsies
                      Jamari Thrash * good @SB, no issues w/routes, middle round flyer, not overly impressive/lotta errors
                      Devontez Walker * couldn't catch to save his life @SB, slow play speed, not confident in his hands, route running not clean, but not disaster, good size, raw/upside there
                      Tahj Washington * best WR @East West week, like his routes, intense in good way, checks box on play speed, really good stuff
                      Johnny Wilson * moves better than given credit for, no issues w/hands, caught ball well, showed off radius, TE comps may be disrespectful
                      Roman Wilson * positive SB week, has giddy up short area, no issues in & out of breaks, more wiggle than grease lightning
                      Xavier Worthy * better than Marquise Brown, big vert, fastest 40

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

The point is the Chiefs have invested most of their first-round picks on both sides of the line. They haven't invested any first-round picks in wide receivers or tight ends. Why do you think that is?
                        Their WRs and CBs are expendable in that they want to avoid high contracts at those positions. Sneed is on the trade block as a result.

After Mahommies....the G and RT (Interior linemen) are highest paid on offense and Chris Jones (DT) commands the d-line's salary budget.

This is why a trade down works for us. We need top interior linemen (Herbert has no pocket) and top interior defenders (historic worse run D) asap. More picks increases likely hood for hits in said positions.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          Salyer at RT is not a risk. He’s young, and needs the attention Pip got lol. Also Salyer played in a big time school, Pip did not. It shows with Pip, with Salyer? He’s had a better good game/bad game ratio than Pip at this point, even though Pip has played more (FWIW it seemed to me Salyer was thrust into the open OG spot cuz none of TT’s other picks were better, that was the issue).

Sayler and Zion look to be in the mix for us moving forward, Pip not. IMHO (no amount of new coaching will make his feet move faster or get his brain recognizing who he needs to block). It’s great he was average, at his best, don’t you think Harbaugh wants better? And if it’s not Sayler at RT, okay, but don’t sell me average and expect me to like it.
                          Salyer @RT will be a risk... he's never played there. Only 2 games @RT in college.
                          Hoping that new coaching will raise Pipkin's level to the level Harbaugh/Roman are expecting... also a big risk. You are 100% right.
                          Like you, I think we're moving forward with Zion (for sure... because of his college tape @BC).
                          Salyer...? Who knows. There will be a learning curve @RG. They may draft a RG in the 4th if they feel Salyer doesn't fit.
                          Salyer's future performance @RG has absolutely no bearing on whether they replace Pipkins this year.
                          Like you said, don't sell me on average (at best) and expect me to like it.

In the end, we know why Pipkins has been elevated to "acceptable" by some. They simply desire a TE or WR.
                          OLineCentric

Comment

Working...
                          X