• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Both Nabers and Odunze would have a bigger impact than Alt. Alt would be playing RT, a position we already have a starter at. I know a lot of you don't
    like Pipkins, but he's not as bad as some make him out to be. If you really want to replace him a 2nd or even 3rd rounder would do it. Plus if Pipkins is really
    that bad then we can move Salyer over to RT where he probably belongs since he played OT in college and played pretty well at LT for us when Slater got hurt.

What we really need on the Oline is a center and upgrade at the OGs position. Those can be filled in 2nd-4th rounds. I'll take one of the top 3 receivers or Bowers
    if we stay at #5.
    I disagree. Roman will run the ball more... that is a given.
    Besides, you can't get Nabers or Odunze the ball if Maxx Crosby is sitting on top of Herbie's chest.
    The passing game will run through Keenan... as it always does. The big difference will be more play-action.
    But you can't even get to play action if you can't run the ball.
    Do I want improvement at the IOL positions... yes. Just because you take an OT in the 1st, it doesn't mean you can't take a center in the 2nd. We've already spent a 1st rounder @LG. We've already spent a 1st rounder @WR. I'd concentrate on letting the coaching staff improve their play before I went out and spent @those positions again. By all accounts, Harbaugh likes both Zion and QJ.

Salyer has played exactly 2 games @RT in his college/professional career. I have way more faith that Alt can handle RT than Salyer. You could probably get another OG in the 3rd or 4th round (move Salyer to RT)... but both are a huge risk... and you've still spent 2 draft picks. Pretty risky.

OLineCentric

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Besides, you can't get Nabers or Odunze the ball if Maxx Crosby is sitting on top of Herbie's chest.
      The passing game will run through Keenan... as it always does. The big difference will be more play-action.
      Do I want improvement at the IOL positions... yes. Just because you take an OT in the 1st, it doesn't mean you can't take a center in the 2nd. We've already spent a 1st rounder @LG. We've already spent a 1st rounder @WR. I'd concentrate on letting the coaching staff improve their play before I went out and spent @those positions again. By all accounts, Harbaugh likes both Zion and QJ.

Salyer has played exactly 2 games @RT in his college/professional career. I have way more faith that Alt can handle RT than Salyer. You could probably get another OG in the 3rd or 4th round (move Salyer to RT)... but both are a huge risk... and you've still spent 2 draft picks. Pretty risky.
      Pip is the RT, not Salyer.
      It's between Alt & Pip, and i'm not sure Alt would be an improvement his first year there.

They'd still have to get interior Olinemen after picking Alt.

A center in the 2nd/3rd, another guard in the 4rth/5th ...... anything later is throwing darts blindfolded.

How many top 150 picks do you want to spend on Olinemen?

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
        Good news! JJ McCarthy had a good day throwing the ball
        Good...maybe his stock rises to #5, so we can wheel and deal with some QB-hungry team and squeeze them for multiple high picks...though it would probably break Harbo's heart to deal away his former QB...

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

^ This...and THAT'S why O-line is so important...not to mention keeping Herbie healthy...PROTECT THE FRANCHISE!!!

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Good...maybe his stock rises to #5, so we can wheel and deal with some QB-hungry team and squeeze them for multiple high picks...though it would probably break Harbo's heart to deal away his former QB...
            Great interview with DJ and Eisen a monent ago too. Good kid.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

BTW kudos to Odunze for manning up today and participating in the combine as a top 10 pick.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That is pretty bad. Only thing that worries me is the meniscus. How much did he get cut out? They don't fix those, they take them torn apart out as there is no blood supply to the meniscus.
                ACLs don't worry me as much.

But he can develope arthritis early from a bad meniscus but the only one I've seen get it real early is Gurley and I'm not sure he had meniscus damage.

Derwin missed a season from a meniscus injury and hasn't had problems since.
                So I'd say medical reports will hold some value there.

I also like Wright, R.Davis, Allen, Corum and Lloyd. Guerendo or whoever , I've never watched so I don't know about him. Going to take Estime down a notch with his slow time.

I'll add Brooks but only if we sign a guy and draft one and get him to sit most the year. I don't think he would have a blazing 40. Id guess 4.5 to 4.6
                I like Corum as well but with his knee surgery not sure if I would draft him or not. It's been 2 years but he is not where he was with his speed and explosiveness. I really like Allen and would probably take him in the 3rd. Hopefully the Chargers will have 2 3rd rnd draft picks.
                Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK3)
                REC: 10
                YARDS: 133
                TDS: 3

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Odunze 4.47 his first 40 even though he didnt have a great start

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Brian Thomas with a 4.34, fastest WR so far. He is a top 20 pick

Comment

• Javia
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2023
                      • Send PM

Rome Odunze ran a 4.47. I am not surprised and I would not use the #5 pick on him.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

I’ve looked at all of these the debate is clear. This draft is going to come down to Nabers Bowers.

So have your debate here. Is Nabers a knucklehead y’all posted some stuff. Bowers looks kind of clean. I don’t need a guy who can’t get on the field. I’d go with Nabers cause I think it’s elite. And there are ways you can help him.

But wouldn’t have a problem with Bowers because he can very well be a 10 time pro bowler and I’ve liked him from jump.

I tried to tell you guys and please look what I said Roman said they want to run the football. Every level I’ve played football in order to have an elite running game you have to have an elite receiver to keep the defense honest the 49ers with Jerry Rice Rams with Issac Bruce Cowboys with Michael Irvin even Patriots with Gronk.

There’s always a Barry Sanders Ladanian Tomlinson two teams were the running back is so elite you don’t need that and it doesn’t matter.

But there ain’t no Barry Sanders or Ladanian Tomlinson in this draft.

So the elite prospect is Bowers or Nabers.

They will have defensive coordinators saying we can’t bring our safety up to stop the run because that Elite Quarterback can throw it over our heads for a touchdown with Nabers. The funny thing is I can very well say that with Bowers also. Who has just as much speed. If you bring your safety up to stop a run with Bowers. Herbert will pull it down and throw a slant to Bowers who can take it up the field for a touchdown.

The reason the Lions run so good and were able to run so good against the 49ers. Because as a defense you want your linebackers aggressive to sale out for the run. We can’t be agressive When Jameson Williams can take the cover off of the top or Amron st. Brown has the middle of the field and Laporta has the middle of the field. You keep the defense guessing.

So to run the way Roman wants to run. You gotta have those elite skill players. You can get Pimpkins some help maybe Jordan Williams

But when you look what Horwitz said we want to take the best player available you don’t take a player just because it’s a need and you don’t take a player who’s the best player on the board. That’s Ozzie Newsom. He’s telling you right there.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Javia View Post
                          Rome Odunze ran a 4.47. I am not surprised and I would not use the #5 pick on him.
                          We used #7 on Mike Williams, Odunze is better and faster.

Nabers at 5 I like more though

Comment

Working...
                          X