• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I'm sold, and Pip was playing next to an unpolished newbie all year.

With Bowers lack of length, and basically playing footsies with Veach & the Chiefs,
    go get Nabers or Odunze.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Javia View Post

I expect Odunze's stock to drop a bit later today. He has excellent size great hands, but he does not create much separation. Not nearly as much as Nabers. I don't think he is blazing fast. I expect a 40 time around 4.45 to 4.50.
      My eyes see a clear difference in explosion/separation factor too. Odunze is a faster Mike Williams - big body contested catch monster, Nabers is the guy that will get open more. I like the idea of getting open and need to contest fewer passes as a result.

I havent seen either one running today … are they both sitting it out? I expect Odunze has great long speed, but that doesn’t create separation the way Naber’s quick acceleration out of a cut will.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Chargers cannot fix every hole in this draft.

This is an offensive focused draft of elite players, like Bowers, Harison...etc....

Chargers are closest to having an elite offense so we should focus on making our offense unstoppable....

The top 2 elite defenses in NFL last season could not stop mahomes and Kelsey from scoring whenever they really needed to..... so KC won another SB.... ONLY REAL WAY TO BEAT MAHOMES IS TO OUTSCORE HIM! with the rules the way they are you cannot stop him from scoring when they really want to score....

Chargers defense even with same players, will be better with better coaching and a better offense.....and we will add better, tougher players to the defense.... but it will take another year for defense to be good.....

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

My eyes see a clear difference in explosion/separation factor too. Odunze is a faster Mike Williams - big body contested catch monster, Nabers is the guy that will get open more. I like the idea of getting open and need to contest fewer passes as a result.

I havent seen either one running today … are they both sitting it out? I expect Odunze has great long speed, but that doesn’t create separation the way Naber’s quick acceleration out of a cut will.
          A 40 time of 4.45 would be fantastic for Odunze.

I'm expecting it to be 4.55ish.

10 split is as important.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Dallin Holker catches two balls on one play at combine:

Comment

• Chargers8491
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
              Running Back notes...

Braelon Allen is too damn tall...cant help it, it bothers me...to me, he is a FB/H-back...and keeps dropping the ball in drills.

Marshawn Lloyd is killing it...and I had no idea he was that big...and looks twitchy in the drills. On my wish list.

Corum looks like the real deal in every move he makes...dont care about his size...though I would prefer him on a committee, vs 25 plus touches a game.

Estime...a little disappointed, but not shocked, at the 40 time...still see him as a great fit, though...the tape and production are all there.

Trey Benson back in my good graces...Ray Davis looks compact and agile...and I see what everyone is ga ga about over Jaylon Wright...getting there myself...

Anybody notice the little white guy from UNH? Dylan Laube? Very quick feet, cuts well, accelerates like crazy...looks like a gadget guy...or maybe a Welker like slot guy...but a lot of twitch in his game.
              That was one of the knocks on Allen was his hands. He is 20 y/o which is another thing I like about him.

1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
              2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
              2b- #37 Jenkins DT
              3a- #66 Puni OT
              3b- #69 Sainristill CB
              4a- #105 Rice WR
              4b- #110 Lloyd RB
              5- #140 Green CB
              6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
                Perspective on Isaac Guerendo's 40-yard dash

Running 4.33 at 6-foot and 221 pounds is flat-out bonkers. If that time stands, he'll be the first RB in officially/verified recorded combine history -- starting in 1999 -- who ran 4.33 or better at 220-plus pounds. Man is a train.

(time is now offiical)

Bo Jackson joins His & Hers to share the story of when he ran the 40-yard dash at the 1986 NFL combine. Jackson says that he ran it in 4.13 seconds, not the previously recorded 4.12 time.

Comment

• Javia
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Nabers is sitting the combine out, Odunze is scheduled to run.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Never a good idea for a player to announce who his favorite team might be:

image.png
                    Don't be gullable guys, a Chiefs fans posted that fake shit lol

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I'm sold, and Pip was playing next to an unpolished newbie all year.

With Bowers lack of length, and basically playing footsies with Veach & the Chiefs,
                      go get Nabers or Odunze.
                      And that newbie was playing next to an unpolished, 2nd rate 2nd stringer in Clapp...and later on, next to an unpolished, 3rd rate, 3rd stringer in Jaimes...

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

cautionary tales for some Combine media darlings....

CB Nate Wiggins * blazed his 40, but peoples wonder how he will do w/physicality @next level, @173 lbs.... is he aggressive enough to handle bigger/stronger wideouts ??
                        DT Byron Murphy * some peoples question his ability to win inside vs. bigger/stronger OL ??
                        LB Payton Wilson * while his athletic prowess was on display @the 'Bine, peoples note his injury history of not one, but two torn ACLs, and a shoulder injury
                        TE Cade Stover * he posted WR type numbers @the Combine, but some say the former defender's route running is rough and is far from a finished product as a blocker, and would cross him off their list
                        CB DJ James * ran a decent 40 and is a zone styled outside CB w/5 INTs and 24 breakups over his career, and.... peoples are wary in that he lacks desired size @175 lbs, and not to mention that he might be a slot only option that has some bad habits when it comes to tackling ??

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I think we should target Wright all the way! Benson had a serious knee injury so I just don't know if he makes sense in the 2nd or 3rd round with the idea to make him our #1!

Brealon Allen would have to run in the 4.5 to 4.6 range at his pro day to consider!
                          He looks healed up to me. Wouldn't bother me a bit to draft him round 2-3. Wright in round 3-4 would be great too.
                          Benson and Wright are high on my list but I like other RBs as well. Doubt the rest of them are injury free.

Frank Gore Sr had ACL injuries in both knees coming into the NFL.

Many of the RBs only got weighed and measured today. Didn't run.

Comment

Working...
                          X