• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SAY OW 55
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2023
    • Send PM

So how far does Chop Robinson shoot up the draft.

Comment

• Katdnzr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
      NEWS AND NEAR NEWS February 29, 2024 - 2:48 pm More combine measurement notes … Couple of other DEs we neglected to mention in the previous post. Alabama’s Dallas Turner came in a little lighter than teams were likely hoping for at 247 pounds, but he checked off the wingspan box quite nicely with 34.5-inch arms. On the other hand, Mo Kamara of Colorado State, who was very productive for the Rams, but he didn’t really impress physically as he measured in at barely 6-1.5, 248 with 32.5 inch arms. And truth be told, at least from a physical perspective the DTs may have asked as many questions as they answered. The only question regarding Byron Murphy of Texas, one of the fastest rising players in the 2024 draft, for example, is he big enough. Murphy, though, measured in at even smaller than his program size as he checked in at just 6-0.5, 297 and with just 32.5 inch arms, although he does have big (10.2 inch hands). Murphy’s UT teammate T’Vondre Sweat, in contrast went the other way. There were concerns about his endurance playing at his program weight of over 340, but he actually weighed 366 today. Illinois’ Johnny Newton, the other DT with a first round grade also didn’t come quite as big as teams were hoping as he measured in at 6-1.5, 305 with 32.5 inch arms. Same for LSU’s Mekhi Wingo who was just 6-0, 284 with 32-inch arms, while both Braden Fiske of Florida State and Clemson’s Tyler Davis checked in with arms under 32 inches. A couple, of DTs who did pass the eyeball test today, though, were Fabien Lovett of Florida State who measured in at 6-4, 314 with 35.5 inch arms and 10-inch hands, while LSU’s Maasen Smith was 6-5, 305 with 35-inch arms. February 29, 2024 - 2:02 pm Combine measurements update … Several correspondents asking when the results of this morning’s weigh-in session would be posted. So far, we haven’t been able to find the data aggregated, but NFL.com does have them for the individual defensive linemen and LBs here. Further so far, a couple of things jump out from the info on the DEs. Most notably, both UCLA’s Laiatu Latu and Chop Robinson of Penn State have somewhat short arms at just 32.5-inches whereas NFL teams generally look for something closer to the 34-35 range for elite edge rushers. Same story for Washington’s Bralen Trice who also checked in with just 32.5-inch arms while he only weighed in at 247 pounds. On the other hand, Missouri’s Darius Robinson continues to impress as he measured in at 6-5, 285 with 34.5-inch arms and huge 10.5-inch hands. Western Michigan’s Marshawn Kneeland also passed the eyeball test at 6-3, 267 with 34.5 inch arms. February 29, 2024 - 10:53 am One in; one out of combine workouts … Just a couple of notes from the combine while we await the first results from today’s sessions involving the defensive linemen and LBs. Georgia OT Amarius Mims has indicated that he will in fact be taking part when the offensive linemen do their on-field thing on Sunday. Mims, a mid-to-late first round prospect with prototype size and outstanding athleticism, but somewhat limited experience, has been sidelined by a foot injury for some time now. On the other hand, Illinois DT Jer’Zhan ‘Johnny’ Newton, another mid-t0-late first round candidate will not be working out tomorrow as he is still rehabbing from foot surgery of his own; Newton, though, intends to work out at the Illini’s pro day later next month.
      Fleet, please adjust how you structure these long posts. I am sure this is very informative, but gheeez, it gives me a headache to try and read. Maybe a little spacing and paragraph structure to give my eyes a break.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
        Wingo has a chance to be a much less expensive Morgan Fox on his rookie deal.
        Add him to your ? round cluster.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
          with those TRex arms? Remember the last time we drafted a Trex in Round 1? He was the ultimate "almost sack" monster on earth - he probably set the NFL record for being "this" close to a sack without getting it the most times. He got shit on by this crowd for his entire career till he finally moved on to deliver lackluster results for 2 (or was it 3) other teams.

Lesson: TRex doesnt reach the QB because a TRex can't reach anything.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
            He is a first rounder already. He is just a little undersized but he is quick off the edge.
            Ive said I like him a bit more than Turner and Turner put up some good explosion numbers today.

Chop has shorter arms though.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

with those TRex arms? Remember the last time we drafted a Trex in Round 1? He was the ultimate "almost sack" monster on earth - he probably set the NFL record for being "this" close to a sack without getting it the most times. He got shit on by this crowd for his entire career till he finally moved on to deliver lackluster results for 2 (or was it 3) other teams.

I think it was more his ability though as he completely disappeared in games.
              edit....I just looked up Ingram's arms and it said he had 31.5" arms. I was thinking they were 32 at least.

Other edges that had short arms are

Trice 32.5
              Latu 32 5/8
              Braswell 32 3/8
              Gabriel Murphy 30.5
              Byron Murphy 32.5
              Jonah Ellis 33

If I didn't list them, they had over 33
              ..33" not too bad.

Turner had 34.5
              Edggerin Cooper who is a ILB/Edge hybrid had 34...needs to add weight though as he was 230.lbs.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Katdnzr View Post

Fleet, please adjust how you structure these long posts. I am sure this is very informative, but gheeez, it gives me a headache to try and read. Maybe a little spacing and paragraph structure to give my eyes a break.
                Lol...your calling out the Chief? I dont know if your getting an Aloha, or an ass eating...maybe both, lol...

By the way Fleet...thanks for the blurb. Aloha!
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2020
                  • Oklahoma
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Agreed, gonna add Kneeland to my 69 cluster too.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Aidan Hutchinson's arm length was measured at 32 1/8 inches at the Combine. Brandon Graham's arm length was 32 1/4. Shaq Barrett's was 31 1/2. Tuli's was 32 1/4. Micah Parsons' was 31 1/2. Trey Hendrickson's was 32. Clay Matthews III's was 32 1/4. Terrell Suggs' was 32.

Come on, now.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Dallas Turner ran a 4.46 ish 40 .... arm length of a 34.5

Payton Wilson ran a 4.43 40

I really liked Wilson on film.... Jeremiah said that he's smooth in all the excercises.
                      Where does he project?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I believe TRex CAN scratch his nose though . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . but not his ass

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

I'd like to know why Chop Robinson had only 11.5 sacks in three years of college football. That's my biggest concern with him.

Comment

Working...
                          X