• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Chargers need a better blocker. Period. I like Everett, runs hard. But it will start with being able to block better. That is probably not Henry either. Trautman might be a name to consider. Geoff Swaim. BOth will be pretty cheap, - Swaim for sure

Chargers are going to have to maximize their cap spending - might be a lot of players in the 2-3m range and not the 4-5m range - granted, all depends on the cap hit and structure - but if you push too much to the future, it becomes a game
    You see a FB in our future, B4K? I don't see how Roman runs without one

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Duck of Death
      Social Piranha
      • May 2022
      • Flyover, USA
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      I don't know about MHjr taking plays off. Everytime I have watched him, he has just dominated and taken games over? But I didn't watch every game and when I did I only saw what TV allowed me to see. Maybe against really inferior teams when up by a big margin he slacked off? FWIW all I hear is what a great kid he is and how devoted he is to football.

If Odunze is being compared to Fitzgerald then perhaps MHJr is Megatron? Just don't recall seeing someone so big, so strong, so fast, so good with his routes. There are no weaknesses in his game. He even blocks.

TG
      It was surprising to me too. But Ian Cummings supposedly also made some mention about it (according to the 2nd article link I posted). Could just be more smoke or nitpicking. Who knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

TG
        I have thought of this - -and the guyin Baltimore - could be a cap cut.
        Ricard - scheduled to make $4

maybe they ask him to take a pay cut to $1.5 to 2m anbd he sticks arouind

if not, I can see him with Roman

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Again... if you cut Pip after the season, you save $6.75m. If you don't, you waste $6.75m.
          Again... I have faith that Zion will get better. The college tape is there. The traits are there.
          On the other hand, Pipkins has been here 5 years... with minimal improvement. He was another bad TT eval.
          Good NFL teams have good LT's and RT's nowadays. The Chiefs spend millions every year replacing FA tackles. Both LT and RT.

I couldn't give a shit what "experts" say about the CB class... they're wrong. I have no problem with us taking a CB (2 in particular) @#10 or #11. I also have no problem with us taking an edge player @#10 or #11. If they think that BB is "generational" @#10 or #11... I'm fine with that. I'm not locked-in on any one prospect. I know the noise is loud for 1 or 2 prospects... but there are so many different ways we can go. And moving on from Pipkins is one of those ways. Have you even watched Fuaga or Alt play...? Or are you solely relying on "experts"...? Fuaga and Alt are the perfect players to fit Harbaugh/Hortiz's description of how they want to build this team. Pipkins, on the other hand, is not. Time to cut bait.
          I know i pimp Bowers and i will continue too. However, i know we have a new scheme coming and i know they want to build the OL for Herb and the running game. I do think Bowers can help there and help Herb but im also not naive to think Bowers wont be the pick and we trade down and draft OL. Pipkins isnt great, and i do believe we need to improve the middle but Pipkins can be upgraded too.I acknowledge.

I think the draft can be different and we do need picks, plain and simple. My hope is for Bowers but i get it...we need picks and OL and depth and LBs and a DT, etc.

I trust what they will do and im sure in the long run they will be right. But i also wouldnt be surprised if BB is the pick with a trade down. Moving just 3 spots lowers his contract 10 mil and we get 1 to 3 picks in return. But if not, cool. It all makes sense to go a different direction because we need so much.

Key is what we get in trades and im not certain we will trade Bosa before the draft as his cap savings is more after June 1st. Pip saves us 6.25 mil after June first if we trade him.

We need some moves to start, and possible contract extensions or some thing.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Might as well sign Everett. We don't just need a blocking TE. We need a receiving threat to complement our injury prone and developing WRs.
            Everett isnt great at either lol. You want to sign a TE? Either Noah Fant or Hunter Henry if we can get them cheap enough. Not spending big on any free agents. We cant. Schultz will cost too much.

Comment

• Chargers8491
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I know i pimp Bowers and i will continue too. However, i know we have a new scheme coming and i know they want to build the OL for Herb and the running game. I do think Bowers can help there and help Herb but im also not naive to think Bowers wont be the pick and we trade down and draft OL. Pipkins isnt great, and i do believe we need to improve the middle but Pipkins can be upgraded too.I acknowledge.

I think the draft can be different and we do need picks, plain and simple. My hope is for Bowers but i get it...we need picks and OL and depth and LBs and a DT, etc.

I trust what they will do and im sure in the long run they will be right. But i also wouldnt be surprised if BB is the pick with a trade down. Moving just 3 spots lowers his contract 10 mil and we get 1 to 3 picks in return. But if not, cool. It all makes sense to go a different direction because we need so much.

Key is what we get in trades and im not certain we will trade Bosa before the draft as his cap savings is more after June 1st. Pip saves us 6.25 mil after June first if we trade him.

I agree. Not sure what kind of oline scheme they are going to run and which current Chargers fit or don't. I just know they need a center in a bad way. I would prefer Bowers but if they go a different direction not going to lose sleep over it.
              Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK3)
              REC: 10
              YARDS: 133
              TDS: 3

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Bosa, Williams, Allen and Mack all have roster bonuses due on the 3rd day of the league year. So unless Bosa waives that $7m or pushes that back to facilitate a trade, post June 1 will be tough. Now, maybe if he agrees to a new contract with a new team, the roster bonus is pushed back agreed too and thats all worked out

Granted, if the Chargers pay the $7m roster bonus - they should be getting back a 2nd round pick and another pick

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

TG
                  Kiper has Sinnott listed under his FB rankings....

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Kiper has Sinnott listed under his FB rankings....
                    Huddle Report has Jahiem Bell as a RB lol. Ive no interest in Bell as a TE.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      JH3 and Me
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Everett while not sexy is familiar with Herbert and works hard at blocking, plus his value is supposed to be in the 3.5-4.5mil range down from what we were paying him before...hunter Henry is out there again, his valuation is around 6mil per year, too bad our cap situation is so shit, I know he's close friends with KA and loved playing with herbert before...
                      he may work hard at blocking, but he's not very good at it. 3-4M range = worth signing, we need 2 TEs for Harbo. Still need to draft one, doesn't have to be BB. I'm a fan of all of the top 5 in this draft.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        JH3 and Me
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Huddle Report has Jahiem Bell as a RB lol. Ive no interest in Bell as a TE.
                        Bell can't block
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• charger1_sj
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

Everett isnt great at either lol. You want to sign a TE? Either Noah Fant or Hunter Henry if we can get them cheap enough. Not spending big on any free agents. We cant. Schultz will cost too much.
                          Actually Bowers would be the perfect fit. But somebody wanted to draft a TE in the 3rd round. Outside of Bowers this is not a great year for drafting TEs, we should have done
                          this last year. Thus my comment. Everett is a better option than drafting a TE in round 3. But lets say the guy drafted is a better blocker than Everett. Who's our receiving threat?
                          We need a lot of different positions, other positions need upgrades.

It's not getting done in one year. But this coaching staff should improve the level of play, even with the guys on the roster. What I know is we may not make the POs, but we're
                          not finishing 5-12 either.

Comment

Working...
                          X