• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Yes, and need to fix the IDL more too. Look at the roster, its barren.
    There are holes all over the roster. Harbaugh is good... he ain't that good.
    Trade back... let Hortiz do his thing.
    OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

This is supposed to be about prospects... so here's a prospect that allows you to do exactly what Harbaugh wants to do: protect the QB and run the ball. Watch the strength, watch how he gets downfield to block. This prospect projects @#10 or #11 nicely. If a trade down occurs to #11, you probably get an extra 2nd round pick out of it. I'd take DT Leonard Taylor with the #37 pick and OC Sedrick Van Pran with the extra 2nd round pick. Have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hrt8yRZ4Ko (Fuaga)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmwOoqCy4Es (Taylor)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wWK3S35LeY (SVP)

OLineCentric

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

this is for you guys that keep throwing out players by position w/no names.... take a look see and don't forget to check your wallet for how much draft capital you have (left) to spend.

@present and as things stand now, we have picks 5, 37, 69, 106, 139, 183, 223 & 256

it's also a good exercise in considering will eye only take this guy if I get him @good value, or does he hold some intangible/Chargeristic benefit to me which has me reaching a bit for him ??

005) OT Fuaga, Fashanu, Alt, WR Nabers, TE Bowers * can you eliminate Nabers & Fashanu per their run blocking or lack thereof ?? and some don't like Fuaga's pass pro neither ??
        014) DT Byron Murphy, Jer'Zhan, ED Verse, Latu, Dallas Turner, CB Kool Aid, Terrion Arnold * Latu has health concerns, Verse & Turner production concerns

031) DE Bralen Trice, RT Suamataia, WR Troy Franklin, Brian Thomas, Adonai Mitchell, Ladd McConkey * Brice gets pressures, but not so many sax
        037) NT T'Vondre Sweat, CB Kamari Lassiter, OC Graham Barton, JPJ, Zach Frazier, DT Kris Jenkins * am def drafting the both of Trice 'n Sweat before any of the OCs
        045) TE Ben Sinnott, Ja'Tavion Sanders, RB Jonathan Brooks, Trey Benson, OC Sedrick Van Pran Granger * HH was a mid second reach, and this guy is just as good, and goin' OC in FA pls
        063) WR Brendan Rice * think Jolt and the summa the rest o' you guys might be onto sumthin' here
        069) LB Cedric Gray, Junior Colson, OG Cooper Beebe * we absolutely have to go LB before the end of day two
        094) OG Zak Zinter, DT Braden Fiske, TE Cade Stover * thinkin' an OG would be a wiser than not move
        098) RB Audric Estime, DT DeWayne Carter * is this our guy, and will he still be on the board this late
        106) S Cole Bishop, DE Darius Robinson, ED Adisa Isaac, RB Braelon Allen, Ray Davis * not a pressing need but would be a big +
        139) RB Daijun Edwards, Jaylen Wright, Frank Gore Jr., Dillon Johnson, WR Luke McCaffrey * nabbin' the both of Rice 'n McCaffrey would be a coup, and gotta get an RB2 first tho
        183) DT Gabe Hall, QB Joe Milton, OT Christian Jones, LB Ty'Ron Hopper * gotta say that the little eye saw of Hall @SB, seemed like he was just toying w/some of the Oline
        223) RB Miyan Williams * hey man, if we end up w/an RB3 here, it won't be me that's complainin'
        256) LB Eric Gentry, Cody Simon, RB Keilan Robinson, Blake Watson * BLG likes Keilan for us (RB4 ?), unless he's gonna make it to round 8/UDFA land

14/45 * trade down w/N'awlins (+ 2nd rounder in the '025)
        31/63/94/98 * second trade down w/SF

if we maneuvered the above two trade downs, we would have a yield of 12 picks, albeit would forfeit the chance to draft @the either of 5 nor 14

ps. if we were able to trade 2 of our fabled 4, that would bring the grand haul total to 14 picks (worked for the Chiefs w/Dorsey).

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
          The perfect DE for Minter's D, Chop Robinson...
          If we keep Bosa, he can teach Chop hand technique.
          Darius "4.36" Davis
          top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Beach... what happens with Mack/Bosa...? If they get traded, what do we get for them...?
            Who is your edge(s) to replace them...?

Some people say Bosa doesn't fit Minter's D. He likes his edges to drop back and cover, too
            OLineCentric

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I love Sinnot. I’d “overdraft” him in Rd3 and never look back. He’s a beast in blocking both inline and pulling or in motion… but no, he’s not a better deep threat.
              'Sinnot as far apart as some think, between Ben 'n Brock.... as won't be in shock if they come off the board closer to what Kincaid/LaPorta did last year.... Brock later than some think, and Sinnott way earlier than some have him slotted @present ??

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Bears traded Mack when the cap needed fixing. The cap is fixed now. Do they want him back? Is their 3rd rounder fair?
                OLineCentric

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                  Beach... what happens with Mack/Bosa...? If they get traded, what do we get for them...?
                  Who is your edge(s) to replace them...?

Some people say Bosa doesn't fit Minter's D. He likes his edges to drop back and cover, too
                  well, am aiming high there.... Giants @39 (an OC ?) for Joey, and 19 w/the Rams for Khalil, as not so interested in trading the latter unless we get a first ??

@19 would hope that Latu and his health concerns are still lurking on the board (would be ok w/Verse as well there).... also wouldn't hesitate to hedge any draft pick w/Dorance Armstrong in FA ??

getting anything less than a second for Bosa and a third (Brendan Rice ?) for MW, just doesn't seem right to me.... ??

19 + 39 + 72 ??? !!! and per usual B4K will insist that am outta my tree....
                  Last edited by beachcomber; 02-22-2024, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    JH3 and Me
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

'Sinnot as far apart as some think, between Ben 'n Brock.... as won't be in shock if they come off the board closer to what Kincaid/LaPorta did last year.... Brock later than some think, and Sinnott way earlier than some have him slotted @present ??
                    I think S comes off earlier too, He definitely feels like he fits the JH mold to me.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

With all of the talent in the 3rd round, I'd look at later TE's. 4th or 5th round...?
                      (Jared Wiley) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrpGt6oZvFA
                      (Dallin Holker) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qBUsOv9AgU

OLineCentric

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Bears traded Mack when the cap needed fixing. The cap is fixed now. Do they want him back? Is their 3rd rounder fair?
                        Khalil is happily married, livin' in Newport Coast.... doubt he wants anything much to do w/Chi town.... Rams need an edge and make a lot more sense, 'specially if the org wants to do right by Mack.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

With all of the talent in the 3rd round, I'd look at later TE's. 4th or 5th round...?
                          (Jared Wiley) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrpGt6oZvFA
                          (Dallin Holker) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qBUsOv9AgU
                          most of the SB TEs got roundly panned by my guy Trey Daubert.... has me wary of those guys, as went thru the ranks of the latter day TEs, and Sinnott is the only one that makes me feel good 'bout bein' a Charger, and.... really not excited 'bout spending an early pick on a TE/Bowers ??

ps. and yes, agree.... we def could use some xtra picks day two (and then some)

Comment

Working...
                          X