• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

100% truth. The #5 pick should be used to protect the franchise and help us run better. Joe Alt could/should make that happen better than any other player. Many mocks have him going before #5. IMO, the best course of action is to trade back and accumulate picks. I'd feel comfortable going all the way back to #14. Chance are, you'd still get a stud RT or CB. Fuaga, Mims, Kool-Aid, or Quinyon would make this team better... day 1.

I get the fascination with Bowers. All I can say is that I'm glad to finally have a GM that enjoys trading back... and still makes great picks.
    makin' me nervous Nutzo.... Mims + 2 CBs.... you gotta good track record, and.... got my doubts w/some of these RTs, and Quinyon (does sound like some kind of tropical nut, dunno ?

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

100%. The great position we're in... we already have a LT.
      There are a couple teams that need a LT... Tennessee and NYJ.
      If we chose Alt @#5... one of those teams are SOL.
      We have leverage over the NYJ. Trade back...?
      Take Fuaga @#10 and take a 3rd and 4th from them.

BTW... we don't say "Alt" because it's "cool". He's the best of the bunch.
      you would actually get a third and fourth, and could ask for a next year's third as well/on top of that....

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
        Fuagas a beast. People just say Alt cause it’s cool.

But anybody that watched Oregon State. He was beasting players.

That team was great. Fuagas a guy I can get behind because he’s nasty.
        take advantage of the East Coast bias.... is it still that West Coast guys don't the media coverage and East Coast lean that the east of the MIssissippi guys do ??

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post

What I like about this tape. He’s making plays on big money downs 3rd down 8

and those plays they run those are Harbaug h plays those short throws up the field. He’s an anchor. Lilly limit those long throws where Herbert has to throw the ball and hold the ball and get sacked.

This is exactly how Mahomes plays.
          Yep. Power Run game...playaction....texas concepts..we will likely be a pretty basic offense that is based on better 1st and 2nd down run production making 3rd down coversions much easier. And Bowers would be the ultimate safety valve and 3rd down monster with Keenan.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Yep. Power Run game...playaction....texas concepts..we will likely be a pretty basic offense that is based on better 1st and 2nd down run production making 3rd down coversions much easier. And Bowers would be the ultimate safety valve and 3rd down monster with Keenan.
            Billy Truax

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Huge, huge catching radius.
              We have to believe Roman, Brady
              will go to work inflicting damage
              with this dude and Keenan.
              The level of production that brings
              means one thing.
              Get a running attack
              and opponents will tap out.
              Bowers/CB/DT/OC and pick up Henry.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

so bowers wouldn't make the team better? it's not like TE would be a luxury pick for the chargers...plus Harbaugh and Ortiz have come from systems that feature multiple TEs...
                Bowers would make the team better... just not as good as a real OT... or the #10,11, or 14 pick with the additional picks.
                Do you think Bowers would make the team better than say RT Fuaga + an extra 2nd round pick...? Or RT Mims and an extra 3rd and 4th round pick...?
                OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

makin' me nervous Nutzo.... Mims + 2 CBs.... you gotta good track record, and.... got my doubts w/some of these RTs, and Quinyon (does sound like some kind of tropical nut, dunno ?
                  You don't like Mims or the 2 CB's...? The best part is the extra picks, tho. So many good players in the 2nd-4th rounds. Everybody's calling the JAGS. But you know...

The DT and LB groups this year... even RB's...
                  It's stacked this year! And we need them all! We're so thin there!
                  And center is almost a must in the 2nd round...
                  OLineCentric

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

I am so ready for the combine. Cant wait. Lots of fun coming up over the next month.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                      I am so ready for the combine. Cant wait. Lots of fun coming up over the next month.
                      Can't believe it's only a week away!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

You don't like Mims or the 2 CB's...? The best part is the extra picks, tho. So many good players in the 2nd-4th rounds. Everybody's calling the JAGS. But you know...

The DT and LB groups this year... even RB's...
                        It's stacked this year! And we need them all! We're so thin there!
                        And center is almost a must in the 2nd round...
                        yes, Mims and a coupla few other of those second tier RTs make me uneasy.... if I want one, am prolly nabbing one @5, or if lucky.... top ten.

and yes again, not overly smitten w/any of the CBs early, albeit if Arnold or McKinstry was there @37 would be @least intrigued.... like Lassiter there some as well (don't see you mention his name much ?)

and am all about Sweat round two, but if I didn't have NT blinders on, there are plenty others there to mull over.... Trice, Suamataia, McConkey ???

round three would be nice if Sedrick stayed on board 'til 69, and there are others.... Brooks, Brendan Rice, Zanter, Estime, and your guy JC.... still like Cedric Gray there, as well as Cole Bishop, and Daijun is sneaking into late round three consideration in @least one big board of late....

and there are some Voch Lombardi guys still slotted for round four, altho plenty of peoples say there's nothin' left come day three.... Voch liked Christian Jones, DeWayne Carter, and he really liked Gabe Hall.... personally am watching the likes of Ben Sinnott and Luke McCaffrey.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Bowers would make the team better... just not as good as a real OT... or the #10,11, or 14 pick with the additional picks.
                          Do you think Bowers would make the team better than say RT Fuaga + an extra 2nd round pick...? Or RT Mims and an extra 3rd and 4th round pick...?
                          Bowers + extra pick is still very possible.

Comment

Working...
                          X