• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

If Keenan and Williams are both back, I'd have a hard time seeing us draft a WR - unless Marvin Harrison feel to us. I just don't see both Willams and Allen both being back so I could see taking one of the WR at 5. I'd still prefer to trade back to Atlanta or Minnesota and take Bowers and pick up some extra picks.
    I don't see a world where Mike Williams is back. He is the most obvious cut of the big 4.

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

we can agree to disagree, its all cool. there has been a theory in charger forums for almost 20 years that a great NT is not needed, much less not useful. I just 100% disagree.
      Both SB teams have an elite IDL player. Our list is literally scrubs, probably none of them would start on other teams.
      Rams have an DT that was so elite he made Staley into a genius.
      If you don't get interior pressure and frequently disrupt the pocket, you'll never catch Mahomes the Rabbit. Gotta block that front door before you can catch him crawling out the side window.

My clusters:
      Rd2: Newton, Taylor, Murphy, Sweat
      Rd3: Jenkins, Dorlus, Hall

I think any of these guys could start for us.
      Agreed but you're not going to find what you want in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round. Not even sure there is one available in the 1st that would do the job.
      There is certainly a lot of areas where the Chargers need help. DL is just one of those positions. But I just don't see how we're going to get an elite
      IDL guy this go around, especially when there are other pressing needs as well.

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

we can agree to disagree, its all cool. there has been a theory in charger forums for almost 20 years that a great NT is not needed, much less not useful. I just 100% disagree.
        Both SB teams have an elite IDL player. Our list is literally scrubs, probably none of them would start on other teams.
        Rams have an DT that was so elite he made Staley into a genius.
        If you don't get interior pressure and frequently disrupt the pocket, you'll never catch Mahomes the Rabbit. Gotta block that front door before you can catch him crawling out the side window.

My clusters:
        Rd2: Newton, Taylor, Murphy, Sweat
        Rd3: Jenkins, Dorlus, Hall

I think any of these guys could start for us.
        Looking in the past 10 years or so the SB winners either had DT/NT with good sack numbers or elite OLBs like a Von Miller.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

If Keenan and Williams are both back, I'd have a hard time seeing us draft a WR - unless Marvin Harrison feel to us. I just don't see both Willams and Allen both being back so I could see taking one of the WR at 5. I'd still prefer to trade back to Atlanta or Minnesota and take Bowers and pick up some extra picks.
          Agree there but I don't see us keeping both. Can they rip up a contract if the agent/player agrees and do a new one?

Even if one stays no way we are taking a WR at 5 at if MHJ is gone. For me ideally is a trade back to 8 to 10 and getting Bowers.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think the combine is important for the stuff that doesn't happen on the field - meaning how fast they run, bench press, throwing, receiving, all of the football stuff is on film

The interviews are important with the players
            Teams meeting with other teams and agents writing "hypothetical" contracts on bar napkins.
            And lastly, spending a whopping amount of money at St Elmos every night on the teams dime.

this year, hopefully somebody posts it - I am sure that NFLNetwork will talk to Harbaugh &/or Hortiz. If Jeremiah is there, would be good if he talked with his old pal Hortiz
            Agree, I’m sure the interviews are the most important thing GM/HCs take away, or should be. Game play tape is readily available.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

DT is a priority no later than Rd3 for me. There are several very good ones, probable instant starters, that drop to our position in Rd2. HUGE need, everything pivots on improving the interior DL imo.
              Mac, how about DT Tyler Davis, Clemson, in round 3? Great run-stuffer and tackler, projected to go in round 3. Only knock on him is he's a bit short at 6-1...but at 300#, a real fireplug to stuff the middle...can pass rush also...so I'm at:

Round 1: Alt
              Round 2: Powers-Johnson
              Round 3: Davis

Rating: 82.2 Rank: #27 Forty: 5.02 Tyler Davis enters the NFL Draft as a battle-tested interior defensive lineman. His Clemson game tape shows a player with the ability to anchor the defens...

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

perusing the TEs some, and.... think Ben Sinnott is the best value, and it's not that close.... third rounder ??

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

WR Luke McCaffrey brother of Christian McCaffrey, 202lbs 6-1 4.46 speed....

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    JH3 and Me
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Agree, I’m sure the interviews are the most important thing GM/HCs take away, or should be. Game play tape is readily available.
                    So draft the rookies that are the best bullshitters? I think I have an idea for a new consulting er training company for Staley …

Saved By The Bell Idea GIF by PeacockTV
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

So draft the rookies that are the best bullshitters? I think I have an idea for a new consulting er training company for Staley …

Saved By The Bell Idea GIF by PeacockTV
                      Dude lol.

Draft according to how they play, plus combine interview. Game speed uber alles.

Comment

• northerner
                        Charger fan since '79
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I don't see a world where Mike Williams is back. He is the most obvious cut of the big 4.
                        agree. QJ has to take a step forward.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                          WR Luke McCaffrey brother of Christian McCaffrey, 202lbs 6-1 4.46 speed....
                          Love this guy!!! what round is he projected for?

Comment

Working...
                          X