• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chargers8491
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    I saw a tweet this morning claiming "Charger insiders" don't think Bowers will be Top 10, and are currently favoring Nabers, Odunze, and Arnold. Take it for what it is ... a tweet claim.

I trust JH2. I think Bowers is one of several good options, not the only option. If their much more thorough and professional analyses conclude that another choice is better - lets roll.
    Kinda makes you think they would love to be able to trade down huh? I would be fine with either 3. They know way better than I do...lol.

Also, would add I would take anything we hear from "insiders" with a grain of salt. This is the time of miss-information.
    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
    3a- #66 Puni OT
    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
    4a- #105 Rice WR
    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
    5- #140 Green CB
    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Kinda makes you think they would love to be able to trade down huh? I would be fine with either 3. They know way better than I do...lol.
      idunno - below is the tweet for all to judge. too many permutations of reality to even guess
      • Maybe they question he'll be an A-level blocker / complete package at 240lb that warrants a Top 10 pick? They want a dominating OL, may want a bigger TE?
      • Maybe they agree with those that don't value TE at #5 period?
      • Maybe the alleged "people inside the org" don't even exist
      • Maybe they exist and are the copy machine maintenance technician and guy that refills the K-cups drawer
      • ... (keep adding here ...)
      • and of course...MAYBE ITS LIAR'S MONTH
      I have no idea. The overall tweet rate seems 10-1 or more saying Bowers would be the ultimate Herbie-weapon-addition by the fanclub.

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Chargers8491
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2022
        • Send PM

idunno - below is the tweet for all to judge. too many permutations of reality to even guess
        • Maybe they question he'll be an A-level blocker / complete package at 240lb that warrants a Top 10 pick? They want a dominating OL, may want a bigger TE?
        • Maybe they exist and are the copy machine maintenance technician and guy that refills the K-cups drawer
        I have no idea. The overall tweet rate seems 10-1 or more saying Bowers would be the ultimate Herbie-weapon-addition by the fanclub.

I added to my post that I would take any info from "insiders" with a grain of salt. This is the time for miss-information. They could be pumping up those 3 to try and generate trade interest instead of the QBs. Everyone knows the Chargers won't be taking a qb at 5 but 1 of the 3 is very possible. I could make an argument that their plan is to trade back and take Bowers.
        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
        3a- #66 Puni OT
        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
        4a- #105 Rice WR
        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
        5- #140 Green CB
        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I added to my post that I would take any info from "insiders" with a grain of salt. This is the time for miss-information. They could be pumping up those 3 to try and generate trade interest instead of the QBs. Everyone knows the Chargers won't be taking a qb at 5 but 1 of the 3 is very possible. I could make an argument that their plan is to trade back and take Bowers.
          yep - can't believe "insider information" at this time of year. Just a counter-post to the overwhelming X-content of Bowers Is The One.

I still like him. I like other options. Trust in JH2.

Comment

• Chargers8491
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2022
            • Send PM

yep - can't believe "insider information" at this time of year. Just a counter-post to the overwhelming X-content of Bowers Is The One.

I still like him. I like other options. Trust in JH2.
            Bowers is my projected pick but like you I like other options as well. Several options make sense for the Chargers.
            2b- #37 Jenkins DT
            3a- #66 Puni OT
            3b- #69 Sainristill CB
            4a- #105 Rice WR
            4b- #110 Lloyd RB
            5- #140 Green CB
            6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

That means they’re keeping Mack and Bosa.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                Hey all you Brock bros, watch this vid and tell us what you think of the analysis. I think it's pretty good. I'm not all in on Bowers at #5, but I'm very comfortable drafting with that pick. He's a bigger, faster Mike Williams with more YAC ability and can play in the slot and carry the ball on jet sweeps ala Deebo.

Is Brock Bowers a generational prospect? | 2024 NFL Draft Scouting Report & Film for Georgia TE

https://youtube.com/shorts/lMsjWtw85...s7gyi92SK8UxZN
                Bowers is stud. If we can draft him, add RB Jaylen Wright or Benson and draft a speedy reciever, we have added a lot of speed on offense just in this draft alone. Huge start to upgrading.

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

There was this prospect that once had a team visit. The prospect fell asleep at the door due to partying and being hung over.

Red flag alert on this kid. Injury history. Likes to party.

When the draft came the Raiders traded a pick to the Pats and said prospect was selected as their new TE. Some flaky kid name Grokowamski or something like that.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

The only WR I'm going to draft in the top 5 is Marvin Harrison Jr. I know Nabers is a stud, but so many top 10 WRs drafted in the past 10 seasons have not lived up to their draft position. This includes our own Mike Williams, who was the #7 overall pick in 2017. I'm not complaining about Mike, he's been a stud when able to see the field, but he was over-drafted a bit. As good as he has been, 2017 3rd rnd picks Cooper Kupp and Chris Godwin have been better.

Comment

• eaterfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The only WR I'm going to draft in the top 5 is Marvin Harrison Jr. I know Nabers is a stud, but so many top 10 WRs drafted in the past 10 seasons have not lived up to their draft position. This includes our own Mike Williams, who was the #7 overall pick in 2017. I'm not complaining about Mike, he's been a stud when able to see the field, but he was over-drafted a bit. As good as he has been, 2017 3rd rnd picks Cooper Kupp and Chris Godwin have been better.
                      That's true of any position, though. There's definitely variance between positions when it comes to hit rates, but so many of the best WRs do get drafted in the first round. Fitzgerald, AJ Green, Megatron, Julio, Chase, Andre Johnson, Jefferson just to name a few of the tip top of my head. Brady and Purdy have been better than a lot of 1st round QBs out there, but drafting a QB in the 7th round isn't the way to go, despite massive busts from D'Arnold, Rosen, Lance, etc.

I can make a list of CBs, Tackles, DEs, QBs, DTs who have all busted from being top 10-15 picks. It's important to look at both the hit rate (both as far as productive players and studs) and miss rates (both as players who didn't live up to draft position and total busts). It's also important to look where the successful players at the position are picked.

OT and WR are far safer picks in the top half of the first round and harder to find in later rounds than TE by almost any of those metrics.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

PON are Center, WR, TE, CB, Edge, DT, OG, and probably LB and safety. I would rank Center as the biggest offensive need over even TE and WR.
                        So basically every position except the ones he said. Got it. 😎

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

That means they’re keeping Mack and Bosa.
                          If true, i would think so. I think so anyway, actually - Jim wants to win now, he's not going to get replacement level comp for them. If he cut one, its to sign a younger star edge e.g. Josh Allen type.

I saw a tweet and thought hmmm. basically it said

1. Nabers is a bigger stronger more explosive better version of Flowers
                          2. Hortiz drafted Flowers #1 last year

(technically Hortiz wasnt GM and draft "decider" but you get the theory here)

hmmm indeed. who doesn't like good nabers, eh? (hat tip to tophat )

Comment

Working...
                          X