• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Let's assume they don't draft Bowers. Who else interests you at TE in the 2024 class?

https://walterfootball.com/draft2024TE.php
    Jared Wiley out of TCU is just as big/fast with better TD production than Span-Ford.

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I am projecting that Ben Herbert + a very good Center would transform the entire unit. These are Gap/Power dudes, outside of the scheme-flexible Slater.
      I like how Jackson-Powers from Oregon is a stout 334lbs at center coming from a downhill running scheme.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Spann-Ford is a big dude. 6-7, 270, 4.6 40. Don't know anything a about him but man he is a huge TE.
        A couple months ago, I watched 3 or 4 of his full games. Minnesota used him primarily as a run/pass blocker. At his size and length, he is one of the better blockers. As a receiver, there is potential. He was under-utilized in this role IMO. As a safety valve, he could have value. He's big and athletic for his size. I think he would be a fit in Harbaugh's offense... as long as a receiving TE is added via free agency or draft. He's an AJ Barner kind of TE.
        OLineCentric

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I like how Jackson-Powers from Oregon is a stout 334lbs at center coming from a downhill running scheme.
          Opened up some real nice holes for Bucky Irving,
          who reminds many of Ekeler.
          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Chargers8491
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

A couple months ago, I watched 3 or 4 of his full games. Minnesota used him primarily as a run/pass blocker. At his size and length, he is one of the better blockers. As a receiver, there is potential. He was under-utilized in this role IMO. As a safety valve, he could have value. He's big and athletic for his size. I think he would be a fit in Harbaugh's offense... as long as a receiving TE is added via free agency or draft. He's an AJ Barner kind of TE.
            Would a combo of Bowers/Spann-Ford work or is that too much draft capital in one position?
            Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK2)
            REC: 8
            YARDS: 89
            TDS: 2

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Would a combo of Bowers/Spann-Ford work or is that too much draft capital in one position?
              Lol...you lost Nutty at "Bowers"...
              Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Thing about Jamaree, as near as I can find...he played all his snaps at tackle in college...might have had a game, or subbed at guard early...so that was his first season at OG, and in the pros. But I think he is a solid OL...they will figure out his best spot, and if its RT, cool...if not, they will get him ironed out at G...but it would help if its RT. Easier to find another G in the draft...and with Mcfadden and Pip...decent depth inside and out.
                Screenshot_20240212-172023.png

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

It depends. I prefer a trade-back to get extra picks. If Bowers is still there, then yeah, that works.
                  I think we have a lot of work to do along the defense... that's why I prefer the extra picks.

If we can't find a trade partner, and must stay @#5... I think OT Joe Alt would be better value than Bowers.
                  Harbaugh said that protecting Justin Herbert is priority #1. Joe Alt does that... and allows for a better run game, too.
                  We will run the ball more/better with Harbaugh/Roman. Ironically, Herbert's best year was the year we ran the ball better.

Edit: BTW, Jared Cook was the TE that year. It was his last year. So, I don't believe you need an elite TE to improve your team or get you to a Super Bowl.
                  OLineCentric

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    JH3 and Me
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                    The bottom portion of your League MVP odds next year.
                    Notice Bowers made the list. A hundred bucks would pay a cool hundred K. Those leading the Bowers train might want to consider?
                    IMG_1442.png
                    Where’s Alt on the list?
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

It depends. I prefer a trade-back to get extra picks. If Bowers is still there, then yeah, that works.
                      I think we have a lot of work to do along the defense... that's why I prefer the extra picks.

If we can't find a trade partner, and must stay @#5... I think OT Joe Alt would be better value than Bowers.
                      Harbaugh said that protecting Justin Herbert is priority #1. Joe Alt does that... and allows for a better run game, too.
                      We will run the ball more/better with Harbaugh/Roman. Ironically, Herbert's best year was the year we ran the ball better.

Edit: BTW, Jared Cook was the TE that year. It was his last year. So, I don't believe you need an elite TE to improve your team or get you to a Super Bowl.
                      IDK....Bucky Brooks had Alt going #10 to the Jets. Not like he is a lot better value. That's just splitting hairs.

I'd like to trade down as well and get picks and we still could. Just depends on their target(s) in the top 5 to 11.

If they move down further to 15 or below then I don't know where we are going. Guess we will see more when they make roster moves.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

Not opposed to trade back but would prefer to stay in top 10. I wouldn't do for less than a 2nd and 3rd this year. You want a QB you are going to have to pay. I would probably trade our 1st 2nd rnd pick to try and get another 3rd rnd this and go from there.
                        Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK2)
                        REC: 8
                        YARDS: 89
                        TDS: 2

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Oklahoma
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Where’s Alt on the list?
                          Only the 6 QBs, MH, Nabers, Udenze, Brian Thomas Jr, and Bowers made the list.
                          Thomas Jr on the list makes sense because he could end up in KC. Think it will be him or Franklin.
                          WR, TE, OL has never won MVP.

Comment

Working...
                          X