Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    1) think this is between OLB/DE, RT or WR
    2) think this could go IOL, RT or WR
    3) think we're looking @TE, RB or LB
    4) RB or WR ??
    5) QB
    6) ??
    7) LB or WR ??

personally would still let Jamaree learn the OC and let him be our super sub on the Oline, sorta Hondo/John Havlicek style, and.... am retaining Mike D. in the secondary.

am also keeping Khalil for one more season, but would like to work in his replacement next season, sorta like what we are doing w/Tuli re: Joey.

would like to replace Pips, but don't see that as quite the priority as the OC and ED.

ditto for TE, as would prolly re sign Everett, and lick my wounds after passing on Kincaid and others last go 'round.

not against going back 2 back RBs in the third/fourth rounds.... ditto for adding two LBs to the mix.

not so excited 'bout this TE/WR class.... outside of Marvin 'n Bowers of course.
    Not one CB?
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Cade Stover is the next Mark Andrews.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Not one CB?
        have got Fentrell Cypress and Kalen King on my watchlist, albeit do still like Mike D.... will be keeping an eye on the FAs for this next offseason, as woulda re signed Callahan for reinforcements, albeit again perhaps Deane is going to keep on the ascent ??

ps. maybe there's a round six cb you like ?? ....Cam Hart/Golden Domer or Cypress perhaps ??

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          JH3 and Me
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

have got Fentrell Cypress and Kalen King on my watchlist, albeit do still like Mike D.... will be keeping an eye on the FAs for this next offseason, as woulda re signed Callahan for reinforcements, albeit again perhaps Deane is going to keep on the ascent ??

ps. maybe there's a round six cb you like ?? ....Cam Hart/Golden Domer or Cypress perhaps ??
          gosh, i don’t know 6th round CBs yet. Sorry. We’ll still be paying the last FA (CAP, anyway) so probably not going to sign a great CB - I would bet they look for CB in the top 4 rounds, and maybe as high as R1.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Perfect player for todays pass happy NFL. Extremely versatile. His football IQ is off the charts. And thats always huge for me. Especially with this team seemingly always out of position and struggle to evolve. Bunch of dummies. CMC of defenders this guy just has it. Such a heady little player. Id put this guy on Kelce all day. You cant beat Kelce you wont beat the Chiefs.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

16: R1 P16 EDGE Bralen Trice - Washington
              48: R2 P16 CB Josh Newton - TCU
              80: R3 P16 LB Jeremiah Trotter Jr. - Clemson
              116: R4 P16 S Andrew Mukuba - Clemson
              152: R5 P16 RB Will Shipley - Clemson
              191: R6 P16 WR Mario Williams - USC
              235: R7 P16 TE Trey Knox - South Carolina​

Defensive rebuild.
              OLineCentric

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                Perfect player for todays pass happy NFL. Extremely versatile. His football IQ is off the charts. And thats always huge for me. Especially with this team seemingly always out of position and struggle to evolve. Bunch of dummies. CMC of defenders this guy just has it. Such a heady little player. Id put this guy on Kelce all day. You cant beat Kelce you wont beat the Chiefs.

Good prospect.
                Has a great presence and feel for the game of football.
                Certainly PON.
                Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

gosh, i don’t know 6th round CBs yet. Sorry. We’ll still be paying the last FA (CAP, anyway) so probably not going to sign a great CB - I would bet they look for CB in the top 4 rounds, and maybe as high as R1.
                  well, am sure you'll have company from BoltNut there, and who'll prolly dig up a good handful of corners he likes (albeit his latest mock has him tabbing CB round two, and which is the same slotting for Fleet's CB of choice, and my take on Kalen King as a second round value as well ?), and.... personally see close to a handful of EDs (round one) that I much prefer over CB.

round two is time to start looking @the OC, as again personally, will take Mike D. as my starting outside corner over most anyone in the draft.... (pay dah man).

round three it comes down to LB or RB for me, and last time 'round we went RB, sure seemed like team Tommy John missed out on their RB of choice by waiting 'til round four, and not making sure of their guy round three ?? will they make the same mistake twice, or make sure we have an RB in the stable by the end of day two ??

so for myself, CB is a day three depth target, as we have Ja'Sir and Deane Leonard who may be enough depth, and we'll need just one more to round out the bunch ??

(it's still early

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                    Cade Stover is the next Mark Andrews.
                    which round do you have him coming off the board ??

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

first sim of the season....

PFN_MDS_Result__1699302637691.png
                      left the EDs on the board round one, and continued the theme of IDL round three in lieu of an RB.... rounds 4 & 5 were really good value, rounds 6/7.... not so much,

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

1) DT Jer’Zhan Newton, ED Laiatu Latu, DE JT Tuimoloau, ED Bralen Trice * a disruptive DT would be something we’ve been without for awhile, otherwise it’s an edge defender
                        2) OC Sedrick Van Pran, ED Jared Verse, CB Kamari Lassiter * pretty much flat out irresponsible not drafting the OC if he’s still on board
                        3) NT T’Vondre Sweat * never gonna quit ‘til we get a real NT, and this guy is just that
                        4) RB Daijun Edwards, LB Cedric Gray, OG Cooper Beebe, RB Jonathan Brooks * got a sneakin' suspicion that Edwards is all that, otherwise am all in on Cedric, if he’s still on board
                        5) RB Raheim Sanders, WR J Michael Sturdivant, TE Cade Stover * still lookin’ RB if need be
                        6) QB Joe Milton, LB Ty’Ron Hopper * not too many mox have him lasting ‘til here
                        7) LB Eric Gentry, OC Eli Cox, WR Bru McCoy * the Condor is a good get here, me thinx

got a sneaking suspicion that we might need to go RB round three to get the guy we want.
                        in theory we could redo our DL w/an ED and two IDL (first three picks).
                        if Van Pran is on the board come day two, can’t see it going any other way.
                        not sure how it is that Edwards is oft not listed on too many of the major boards ??
                        he could be our Lightning, and could see going Thunder as well @RB this go ‘round.
                        if we draft yet another MW replacement…. not good/wise (Matt Millenesque).
                        if we could trade for an extra second 'n third.... would obviously help our cause.

Last edited by beachcomber; 11-06-2023, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

which round do you have him coming off the board ??
                          Seeing as Andrews went in the 3rd, I would say Stover would be a 4th. He’s a good run blocker and has receiving skills. Playing at OSU, most of the targets go to Harrison Jr. and Egbuka. Curious to see how he tests. Draft Stover and sign TE Harrison Bryant. That would be a good start to rebuilding your TE room.

Comment

Working...
                          X