• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

I agree with much you are saying beach, but I haven't been watching the practices. I'll wait for the game.

I really like Brenden Rice as I said a while ago during the season and think he could go 2nd - 3rd round on down. I like that hei is physical and like his size. I also said his Pops may not like the Chargers drafting him but now with Harbaugh, he wouldn't mind.

Also a while back Gray was said he was the only LB you liked but I've come away with a little handful I think I'd like to have including Colson.
    Payton Wilson makes plays but he gets dinged up. It was nice to see he actually weighs in the 230's. I was doubting it.
    Trevin Wallace looks like a player. Is he there at the senior bowl?

Now that Harbaugh is our HC I'm liking Sweat more. Might be more trench orientated draft. Just don't know if we draft two DT. JH also might want Jenkins. We'll see.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-02-2024, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Brenden Rice tall, fast WR would love to see him stay in LA! Cam Hart tall fast CB with length could fit in nicely here! Sweat could be just what we need in the middle! The 3 RB's I like in the draft 1. Audric Estime or 2. Brealon Allen or 3. Blake Corum!

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        I agree with much you are saying beach,
        not my takes.... in quotes coz 'tis from Trey Daubert @Vendetta Sports,

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
          Brenden Rice tall, fast WR would love to see him stay in LA! Cam Hart tall fast CB with length could fit in nicely here! Sweat could be just what we need in the middle! The 3 RB's I like in the draft 1. Audric Estime or 2. Brealon Allen or 3. Blake Corum!
          Sweat would not weigh in at the Senior Bowl. He looks like he is 380 lbs right now, was listed this year at 362. He has some work to do before the Combine

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

You know the more I think about it, I think they stay at 5 and take Bowers. I think they start to do their trading in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and even 4th to gather more picks. I think they can trade back a few spots in the 2nd and still get Jenkins and get an extra 4th. Same thing in the 3rd and still get a quality CB, Junior Colson or Roman Wilson and pick up and extra 5th. With an extra 4th and 5th you can keep beefing up the DL with Gabe Hall and double dip at TE and grab Theo Johnson.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Sweat would not weigh in at the Senior Bowl. He looks like he is 380 lbs right now, was listed this year at 362. He has some work to do before the Combine
              I havent seen him. Thats my concern with guys that are already huge like him. When he gets paid he could get lazy but we got Ben Herbert who will get on him.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                Also a while back Gray was said he was the only LB you liked but I've come away with a little handful I think I'd like to have including Colson.
                Payton Wilson makes plays but he gets dinged up. It was nice to see he actually weighs in the 230's. I was doubting it.
                Trevin Wallace looks like a player. Is he there at the senior bowl?
                Daubert didn't make mention of Gray @all, so guessing he wasn't impressed.... he did like Payton Wilson tho.... maybe that pushes/relegates Gray to day three, and....

don't know if Cole Bishop was there or not, and.... Daubert had nothing to say on him neither, so maybe he slips into day three as well.... wouldn't mind the either of 'em.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Daubert didn't make mention of Gray @all, so guessing he wasn't impressed.... he did like Payton Wilson tho.... maybe that pushes/relegates Gray to day three, and....

don't know if Cole Bishop was there or not, and.... Daubert had nothing to say on him neither, so maybe he slips into day three as well.... wouldn't mind the either of 'em.
                  Bishops teammate Sione Vaki is pretty good too. He was the SS at Utah. Im actually more impressed with him. Has some speed.
                  He played some offense there. Played some RB and looks pretty good doing it. Especially catching the ball so he is a DB that can catch lol.

42 caries for 317 yards,....11 receptions for 203. The kid is versatile. Played some good defense too. Absolutely tore up USC as a RB. I was watching that game and when i noticed him.
                  He is a RS Sophomore. Not saying he will play RB for us, but he is a good athlete and also plays good defense.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Small shifty RBs who average more than 6 per carry for Memphis stand out at the next level. As decent depth players. Late round RB complimentary piece. And shifty pass catching back. Blake Watson is sort of my sleeper RB.

Screen Shot 2024-02-03 at 8.15.41 AM.png

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

unlike alotta peoples here, am not so taken/enamored w/the pass catchers in this draft, and even the early on ones, and so thinkin' 'bout the trade down option @5....

RT Taliese Fuaga
                      DT Byron Murphy

my thought has been that N'awlins might want to trade up from 14 for a pass catcher, and.... wondering if Joe & Co. might trade down again.... w/maybe SF @31/32 (would they be after a Dlineman) ??

thinkin' we could snare their 2, 3 & 4 this go 'round, and nab a next year's 2 in addition.... that would give us 32, 37, 45, 64, 69, 95, 106, 133, 139 + two seconds next year.

speaking for myself, that could yield ED, DT, NT, OC, RB, LB, S, QB, RB

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                        Small shifty RBs who average more than 6 per carry for Memphis stand out at the next level. As decent depth players. Late round RB complimentary piece. And shifty pass catching back. Blake Watson is sort of my sleeper RB.
                        have had my eye on him most all season too, and.... gotta say.... he's no Austin.... just doesn't seem to have so much wiggle/not so slippery ?? have you seen otherwise ??

have you watched Daijun Edwards @all ??

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

have had my eye on him most all season too, and.... gotta say.... he's no Austin.... just doesn't seem to have so much wiggle/not so slippery ?? have you seen otherwise ??

have you watched Daijun Edwards @all ??
                          He is a developmental guy. Edwards is another guy i like. Looked good this week as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X