• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

No doubt Bowers could be a Harbaugh guy... I get it.
    But if I can get Kool-Aid (I just put Quinyon in there to loosen you guys up) and Junior Colson... and Zac Zinter... and Kris Jenkins...
    Well I just got 3 Harbaugh guys... and a guy Harbaugh stayed away from in the playoff game...

@#5 we will never have this chance again (big haul).
    Both sides are compelling,

Your side makes a lot of sense from a roster building standpoint, which of course I get and I am not totally against.

I have to admit wanting Bowers has some sentimant attached to it. First he is a complete baller who would be a blast to watch every Sunday. There is something great about having a deadly QB /TE combo. Gates is my favorite Charger of all time. And lastly we have had Travis Kelce shoved down our throats and kicking us around for 10 years. Now as he is about to be 35 at the start of next year, I woud like to unleash a weapon like Bowers on the Chiefs for the next bunch of years. Its our turn!

It is about winning, but at the end of the day it is about entertainment. It is fun to have studs on your team you love watching. We do have Justin Herbert. It would be fun to have some exciting weapons to go with him. Our offense was predicatable and plodding last year. We dont have any YAC guys.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

If we keep drafting offensive players with that 1st round pick... it might take a decade plus to build a championship defense.
      Yes but one thing you have to admit, this is not a great defensive draft, especially in the top 20. CB is solid, LB is not strong or deep, EDGE is ok but there are not top 5 studs, IDL is ok.

WR is stacked, Tackle is stacked, QB is better than the previous 2 years, IL is also very good.

To go defense, you absolutely have to trade down. I see no defensive player in this draft worthy of the 5 pick. And to give up Nabers or Bowers it better be a haul

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

A bit dramatic...who is to say we cant jumpstart this offense with an O heavy draft this year, get Herbert back on track, then invest heavily in the defense next 2 drafts? Hardly a decade, smh...

There isnt a top ten defender in this draft...if we do trade back, maybe...I do like your draft haul, fantasy that it is...

But I got no problem letting Minter coach up this D, figure out the weak links, and then go about with the repairs.

But...what we do with the current roster could change my focus...if we get rid of Bosa, Kendricks, Davis, Johnson...but bring back our TE room and Mdub? Things shift. Gotta see what roster moves we make to get a better idea of how the draft shakes out...

But if we need D, we HAVE to trade back...no defender in this draft worth #5
        100%

9 or 10 is the earliest any defensive player in this draft should be considered. There could be a run on tackles based on what we are already seeing at the senior bowl

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Quinyon be climbin'.
          Strong.
          Fast aa hell too.
          I have to ask.
          Will he be in the convo @ #5
          by late April ??
          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            Quinyon be climbin'.
            Strong.
            Fast aa hell too.
            I have to ask.
            by late April ??
            He is moving into top 20 as we speak, he could go higher if he nails combine. He is 6'3" and I have heard he runs 4.3

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

He is moving into top 20 as we speak, he could go higher if he nails combine. He is 6'3" and I have heard he runs 4.3
              Yessir.
              The whole issue was level of competition.
              Underwear olympics makes us crazy in evals too.
              Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He also favors a physical running game so I wonder if he surprises us all and goes for a right tackle upgrade.
                It's always possible but I don't think it's probable. Harbaugh is very familiar with Bowers, he tried to recruit him. IMHO, everything points to Bowers.
                Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK3)
                REC: 10
                YARDS: 133
                TDS: 3

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Well, here is something to consider.

Michigan stats for 2023.

Leading recievers are as follows:

WR Roman Wilson - 48 receptions for 789 yards, 16.4 ave 12 TDs
                  WR Corneliuos Johnson - 47, 604 YDS , 12.9 , 1 TD
                  TE Colston Loveland - 45, 649 YDS , 14.4, 4 TDs

That is pretty closely bundled.

Next in line is RB Donovan Edwards with 30 receptions, Then TE Barner is tied with another WR with 22 receptions

TE is am important element in Harbaughs offense and we have,..... assuming we keep Keenan, three recievers and will probably draft another later and ive no doubt that QJ is going to improve this year. Remeber, Vince Jackson didnt have great years his first 2 seasons and came on like wildfire...but he was also injured some of that time his first two years.

The TE cubbard is bare.

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

TE is am important element in Harbaughs offense and we have,..... assuming we keep Keenan, three recievers and will probably draft another later and ive no doubt that QJ is going to improve this year. Remeber, Vince Jackson didnt have great years his first 2 seasons and came on like wildfire...but he was also injured some of that time his first two years.

The TE cubbard is bare.
                    Chargers fans saw other WRs ball out in their rookie season and wanted...no expected that same instant gratification in QJ. Interestingly enough this year and I heard next year's drafts are stocked with good WRs coming out of college.

Hopefully QJ can put it all together in the next 2 seasons but we have viable options in 2024 and 2025. No need to expend high draft capital on WR unless the situation presents itself like how we nabbed Keenan.

Oline and TE are top offensive priorities.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Quinyon be climbin'.
                      Strong.
                      Fast aa hell too.
                      I have to ask.
                      by late April ??
                      I have to answer.

Not even close.

Cooper guy myself...smart, physical...wanna see how he runs the drills, whether he can flip and burn, change of direction...but like mostly what I read about him...yet to watch the corners outside of a few games I caught and highlights. But seems like a Harbaugh guy if corner is on the menu
                      Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Quinyon be climbin'.
                        Strong.
                        Fast aa hell too.
                        I have to ask.
                        by late April ??
                        Please don't start putting ideas in Joe's head....
                        ha.
                        Darius "4.36" Davis
                        top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

No matter how much I want to build the lines, I can’t get it out of my head that Herbert needs playmakers. WR, TE, RB. Guys who can make things happen with the ball in their hands. I’d love to trade down and get an extra pick in the second so we can turn #5 into two quality lineman, but I just can’t bear to pass up drafting a playmaker at 5. This looks like a solid draft, but deciding how to execute it is difficult.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X