• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
    Take football out of it...this guy probably gets good grades at Washington. A really tough school. My son turned down a rugby partial there....same as Cal...because the student athletes are required to get good grades. lol My boy went to Arizona. lol Drank shots out of cleats. This guy Rome...this is a smart kid. This guy screams success to me. Nevermind the film. 24/27 contested catches this year. I need that.

At Washington and Cal, they drink their shots out of women’s navels.

LOL.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Nothing really new but here is Popper on a podcast

If it’s up to me, I say win now. Keep as much of your top talent as possible.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

The strategy should depend on which HC we get.
        raiders apparently are making a strong push for Harbaugh also.
        But if we get Harbaugh, he's been in college for 9 years and would kill this draft and next.
        Ala Pete Carrol from SC.

picks will be premium for us so I expect to trade Mack if he can net us a 1 from say a playoff team that think they need a bit more edge juice to get them over the hump.in 2024.

Trade down from 5 and aim to get 20+ picks in the next 2 drafts.
        2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

As for Mack, when does he have the most trade value? Before the season or before the trade deadline when teams are in contention and look for upgrades?

Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            But if we get Harbaugh, he's been in college for 9 years and would kill this draft and next.
            Ala Pete Carrol from SC.

picks will be premium for us so I expect to trade Mack if he can net us a 1 from say a playoff team that think they need a bit more edge juice to get them over the hump.in 2024.

Don't know about 20 picks, but for instance this year, I'd like us to trade down enough to pick up an extra 2nd rounder this year, and a 1st rounder NEXT year...then, next year, trade THAT pick for more picks...let's PRODUCE picks instead of throwing them away to move up for mediocre players...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

There goes the best explosive back, as an Ekeler replacement.
              Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                As for Mack, when does he have the most trade value? Before the season or before the trade deadline when teams are in contention and look for upgrades?
                Chargers are over the cap - need the cap savings now. You would be pushing dead cap if you wait until the trade deadline. Plus, if you get picks for Mack, you can use them in 2024.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  Ala Pete Carrol from SC.

I don't think Mack will get a first round pick - but I do think they can get a couple picks for him. Like a 3 this year and a future 2025 pick

My goal is more like 6 picks by round 4 and 7 or 8 picks by round 5

Trading down from 5 to 8 if the board seems right and a QB moves into top 5 area. Get a 2nd and 4th this year. Than take one of your seconds and get another 4th or 5th. that would be 7 picks by Round 5 and six picks by round 4

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    No idea how connected this guy is but ....this is funny if true.

from a Packers' LB.... "Fields looks @his first receiver, and if he's not open, he runs.... There is no progression."

there is also the salary issue.... the rookie will cost $25-30m less.

the sentiment is that the Bears will take a QB w/the first pick....

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                      I heard a draft analyst say Harbaugh would select an OT in first round because he’s trenches all the way.
                      would def trade down and target RT Fuaga if that was the sentiment....

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

personally am afraid that drafting yet another wideout is a little too Matt Millenesque, and.... much prefer the trenches/pass rushers specifically.

that said, would lean Nabers over the other pass catchers (Bowers, Odunze), and.... suspect that Bowers could last all the way to Cincy if he doesn't land in LA, and see Odunze in Az for the if and when MHJ is first off the board to Chi town ??

atm feelin' it as MHJ, Caleb Williams/Wash DC, Drake Maye/Pats, Odunze/Az

think Alt goes to the Giants and Fashanu to Tennessee.... Penix to Atlanta, Bo Nix to Denver and Jayden Daniels to N'awlins (trade up ?)

and just as a reminder, trading down w/New Orleans nets us an extra second this go 'round and another second in the '025, and.... we should still have our pick of @least a coupla few outta Bowers, Kool Aid, Latu, Jer'Zhan, or Fuaga ??

think trading down would be a really good step off from team Tommy John and set the tone for an admin that excels in adding more picks to the haul, a key component to building a solid roster w/depth.

personally am not in love w/the any of Nabers, Bowers, Odunze, Alt, Fashanu, Dallas Turner, JC Latham, etc. and would gladly entertain trading down w/the Saints.

RT Taliese Fuaga @14, w/DE JT Tuimoloau @37 and NT T'Vondre Sweat @45, would be a really nice start to the draft, if that were to be the case... LOS team,

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Oklahoma
                          • Send PM

Glad to see many here coming around to the trenches as the utmost importance
                          Thank you Harbaugh even if you choose another team

Comment

Working...
                          X