• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    BTW... Odunze is great. I've had my eye on him for 2 years now. If the Chargers decide to ignore the CB position again and choose yet another WR in the 1st... I would hope for MHJ. But if MHJ is gone by #5 (which he 100% should)... I'd be excited about Odunze @#5. I like him over Bowers or Nabors.
    I think CB and WR are fairly deep at the top end this season. So if we did go Odunze in the 1st...a good CB will be there in the high 2nd. Its not a great year for elite CB guys at the top end. Kool Aid sure. But even he might not crack the top 10. But its still a solid draft for good starting CBs. Just not Ramsey types imo.

Arnold...Mitchell...Tampa are bigger type CBs with good value in the 2nd imo. High 3rd round might also work for a good CB.

In regards to the Eagles using Johnson at RT....Lions also use Sewell at RT and he is a 1st team AP this season. But they have a solid LT in Decker. Lane has been a RT from the get go. Regardless of QB or HC. He was not considered a LT prospect. But Hurts also might be the one QB in the league who boots to his throwing side more than anyone else in the league. Its what makes him so good and how the Eagles buy time for their WRs to get open on all 3 levels. I have mentioned this before that Herbert should do more of that. Its possible that he doesnt because Pipkins is so terrible at blocking on the move. Or just blocking in general. Lane on the right side with Hurts allows him to move with him on Boots. And being a former QB he can move.

Alt would come in and start immediately at LT. I still think that is the mindset of most teams these days. That elite LT is such an important spot. Sure he would probably be able to move to RT but i bet they use him where he has played and dominated for years. Lane was a QB/TE. They asked him to move to RT because the Sooners were down OL. PLayed 1 season at RT and then moved to LT. He was still raw coming out. Alt and Fashanu are locked in LTs imo. I was big on Johnson but he had the raw label from me.

Good take bro. Looking forward to more draft discussion this season as i cut my other forum finally. I have more time.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Unless there are red flags on Nabers then you don't pass on him at #5. Odunze is a good receiver but he's not going to be as good in the NFL. Most of his catches are under super tight coverage. Where's the separation? If I needed a #2 receiver and had a #15-25 pick and he's there I would grab him. I'd rather we go Bowers before Odunze as there will be plenty of similar receivers at the top of round 2.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

No idea how connected this guy is but ....this is funny if true.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
          I heard a draft analyst say Harbaugh would select an OT in first round because he’s trenches all the way.

We can’t run for shit behind this OL so that might elevate the running attack for ALL backs and help keep Golden boy healthy versus the last two seasons being riddled with injuries.

I like Bowers and the WR’s just like you all do, but getting the top rated OT might be better in the long term. OT talent dramatically tails off after the first round where very talented WR’s can be had in round 2 and 3.
          We did not. C - RT are not good blockers. Also need to consider replacing OC and OL coach, RBs.
          The ability to run HAS to exist even if we're a pass 1st O.
          My #5: MHJ, Bowers, Nabers,
          C, RT in 2nd-3rd
          RB - 3rd -4th
          CB- by 4th
          I'd be shopping FA/ trade C, RB, CB also.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Can you blame him...Chicago is where good QB prospects go to die...them and the Jets....Chicago would be stupid not to trade out of #1 given this guys claim plus maybe they even look at Drake May...No?

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
              Unless there are red flags on Nabers then you don't pass on him at #5. Odunze is a good receiver but he's not going to be as good in the NFL. Most of his catches are under super tight coverage. Where's the separation? If I needed a #2 receiver and had a #15-25 pick and he's there I would grab him. I'd rather we go Bowers before Odunze as there will be plenty of similar receivers at the top of round 2.
              I know it's become a catchy hot take but Nabers looks to me like the best of them all (MH2 included) the most unique and rare and the best fit for us to run a modern and explosive offense and one that can open everything else up.
              He might be the best prospect in a few years.
              He's everything I wanted out of these explosive WRs I've been wanting the past 2 drafts and didn't get. Might not be as fast as a Hyatt or Jameson Williams but more ferocity at the catch point than both which makes him harder to cover than either.
              Garett Wilson is close.

The comp to Antonio Brown is thrown around and I think that's spot on.
              2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Nothing really new but here is Popper on a podcast

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Can you blame him...Chicago is where good QB prospects go to die...them and the Jets....Chicago would be stupid not to trade out of #1 given this guys claim plus maybe they even look at Drake May...No?
                  When have they had a good QB? Not since McMahan and he was really mediocre but for his time he was good. He also had Walter Payton. I think Fields has improved a lot and they should keep him.

That said, no i wouldnt want to play in Chicago.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

LOL! Both Mannings and Horseface said they wouldn 't play in SD if chosen. They had good careers elsewhere.
                    Not sure Williams is is their equal.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I know it's become a catchy hot take but Nabers looks to me like the best of them all (MH2 included) the most unique and rare and the best fit for us to run a modern and explosive offense and one that can open everything else up.
                      He might be the best prospect in a few years.
                      He's everything I wanted out of these explosive WRs I've been wanting the past 2 drafts and didn't get. Might not be as fast as a Hyatt or Jameson Williams but more ferocity at the catch point than both which makes him harder to cover than either.
                      Garett Wilson is close.

The comp to Antonio Brown is thrown around and I think that's spot on.
                      Herbert-like player at #5 for OROY? Passed on by others but really has some unique skills that can't be taught....

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

When have they had a good QB? Not since McMahan and he was really mediocre but for his time he was good. He also had Walter Payton. I think Fields has improved a lot and they should keep him.
                        Time for Chicago draft rape #2....

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

My impression after watching the highlight vids of both Nabers and Bowers is that BOTH catch whatever they get their hands on, but Nabers gets more separation.
                          Wait until Nabors learns from Keenan for a year. He’ll be darn near unstoppable.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X