• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I was scrolling my memory bank until I realized I hadn't personally seen that type of explosiveness from a Chargers WR myself.
    it's just intriguing, to think of what that element does to our offense IF we have a formidable OL.
    I think we've had some very good WRs in our time...John Jefferson to Vincent Jackson plus Mike Williams making Deep Downfield catches...Our Most explosive receiver I can remember is Kellen Winslow SR. Winslow could take over games....
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Bambi. (That's Lance Alworth, for those of you who have been Charger fans for less than 25 years.)

I respectfully disagree with Sonora, above. I think Nabers is a far more muscular guy than Chandler was.
      I never saw Alworth or Gary Garrison for that matter
      Have read Alworth was another level tough

In my time -- the two best have been Jefferson and Chandler. As much as I want Bowers - I wouldn't turn down a more muscular Wes Chandler. Not for a hot second. Herbert needs a big play playmaker

Comment

• Duck of Death
        Social Piranha
        • May 2022
        • Flyover, USA
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Who is in the "Chargers' building"...? Johnny Boy...? Jojo...? Will Jojo even have a job once the new GM is hired...?
        He should find out who is loved in the “Ann Arbor” building.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I never saw Alworth or Gary Garrison for that matter
          Have read Alworth was another level tough

In my time -- the two best have been Jefferson and Chandler. As much as I want Bowers - I wouldn't turn down a more muscular Wes Chandler. Not for a hot second. Herbert needs a big play playmaker
          Alworth was the OBJ of his era. And I mean, OBJ at his peak.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Bambi. (That's Lance Alworth, for those of you who have been Charger fans for less than 25 years.)

I respectfully disagree with SonoraJim, above. I think Nabers is a far more muscular guy than Chandler was.
            No problem. Good to hear actually. I was thinking best since. I like better.

Comment

• FtheTurds
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I think we've had some very good WRs in our time...John Jefferson to Vincent Jackson plus Mike Williams making Deep Downfield catches...Our Most explosive receiver I can remember is Kellen Winslow SR. Winslow could take over games....
              Another TE that did it all... My point is.. GO Bowers GO!!!

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                The PFF pick 5 analysis. I concur.

5. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS
                • Mock Draft Pick: WR Malik Nabers, LSU
                • Intriguing Picks: OT Joe Alt, Notre Dame; OT Olu Fashanu, Penn State; TE Brock Bowers, Georgia

I ended up going with wide receiver Malik Nabers for the Chargers in my mock draft because, well, it’s the most fun. Another intriguing route is for them to go offensive tackle, grabbing one of Fashanu or Alt to pair with left tackle Rashawn Slater. At that point, they would be two key pieces of the offensive line puzzle away from having one of the best front fives in the NFL to block for Justin Herbert. But the ultimate wild card here is tight end Brock Bowers, whose draft range likely begins around this pick.
                Tape don't lie...I feel like this guy is a more Physical Athletic and more Healthy Mike Williams with Speed.... MH2 and Nabers are 1A and 1B in tis draft for top ten picks for WR.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Tape don't lie...I feel like this guy is a more Physical Athletic and more Healthy Mike Williams with Speed.... MH2 and Nabers are 1A and 1B in tis draft for top ten picks for WR.

11 minutes of highlights. 11 minutes of thrills. Speed, an extra gear even at top speed, hands, body control, courage. This is one scary dude if you're a defender.

And look at the size of those hands on the ball. Wow.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

No, he'd go into the Supplemental Draft (held in July), and Carolina would be first in line to select him, with their 2025 first round pick.
                    if he didn't declare in time for the Supplemental, he'd have to wait for the next primary (regular) draft next year. A player must go thru a draft cycle (either undrafted or drafted and then released) to become an URFA that can then sign with any team.

It would be bedlam if NCAA players could circumvent the NFL cabal.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

I'm leaning back to Nabers over Odunze - i think you're right. His speed seems more early quick on tape, Odunze more down-range speed - modern NFL receivers that are quickly successful the league are ones that create quick separation at the snap, I'm leaning to Nabers having a slight edge on that score right now. Both are tough, strong, very good.

MH2 is the best of the 3. strongly doubt he's there past 3 but who knows, teams go coo coo for QBs. I did a mock yesterday and nabbed him at 5. jmo.

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Bjj_Bolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2023
                          • Send PM

David Boston was a jacked wide receiver with crazy speed

Comment

Working...
                          X