I invented the term...."Superthread" proud of that

Comment

• northerner
          Charger fan since '79
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
          with the #5 pick in a loaded draft, the name is appropriate. the possibilities for this draft are endless. :-)

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
            I invented the term 'Dance Horny'. lol

From being in bands, and watching women get all fidgety, waiting for the music to start.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

Beach, this is my favorite one yet. I'm going to get on that Michigan tape right after Harbaugh becomes coach.
              Looking forward to your review of the championship game.
              ain't me.... 'tis Trey Daubert from Vendetta Sports.... enjoy reading him too,

Comment

• Duck of Death
                Social Piranha
                • May 2022
                • Flyover, USA
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I'm not happy with Pipkins at his best. He doesn't handle top rushers one on one and his run blocking is inconsistent. No question that we can do better and probably should. He's not the only reason Herbert has been hit so much but he's part of it.
                Pip gets beat a lot. The RB / TE blocks are always looking for the guy that beat Pip when they could have helped somewhere else.
                Agreed. But unless they go with Alt or Fashanu at #5 overall, the chances of getting an upgrade over Pip on Day 2 or later seem like a tossup. I don’t think any of the 1st round OTs from last year did all that much better. And to his credit, Pip actually looked like a different player in his final three games (after Staley was fired), allowing zero sacks, and just 1 pressure. Is it possible that a different setting might make an appreciable difference with all these OL guys? Something clearly wasn’t right this past year and they all seemed to underperform relative to their capabilities. Will better coaches = decent offensive line? I would just hate to pass up an opportunity to finally pair Herb with an elite downfield target. Because let’s face it, QJ will never be that guy, even with considerable improvement. Palmer is a solid #2 at best. And KA is turning 32, after having missed 10 games in 2 years. Every great QB has had great targets. Herb, not so much. There was a recent graphic that illustrated the challenges that Herb has had in finding open targets. I believe the gist of it was that his targets were cumulatively 2nd worst in the league at gaining separation.
                Last edited by Duck of Death; 01-10-2024, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

Agreed. But unless they go with Alt or Fashanu at #5 overall, the chances of getting an upgrade over Pip on Day 2 or later seem like a tossup. I don’t think any of the 1st round OTs from last year did all that much better. And to his credit, Pip actually looked like a different player in his final three games, allowing zero sacks, and just 1 pressure. Is it possible that a different setting might make an appreciable difference with all these OL guys? Something clearly wasn’t right this past year and they all seemed to underperform relative to their capabilities. Will better coaches = decent offensive line? I would just hate to pass up an opportunity to finally pair Herb with an elite downfield target. Because let’s face it, QJ will never be that guy, even with considerable improvement. Palmer is a solid #2 at best. And KA is turning 32, after having missed 10 games in 2 years. Every great QB has had great targets. There was a recent graphic that illustrated the challenges that Herb has had in finding open targets. I believe the gist of it was that his targets were cumulatively 2nd worst in the league at gaining separation.
                  Yes.My favorite: MHJ - Bowers but I'll understand if our new HC wants a top OT and the pass pro improves, the run game grows some legs.
                  We all want W's..

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post

Agreed. But unless they go with Alt or Fashanu at #5 overall, the chances of getting an upgrade over Pip on Day 2 or later seem like a tossup. I don’t think any of the 1st round OTs from last year did all that much better. And to his credit, Pip actually looked like a different player in his final three games (after Staley was fired), allowing zero sacks, and just 1 pressure. Is it possible that a different setting might make an appreciable difference with all these OL guys? Something clearly wasn’t right this past year and they all seemed to underperform relative to their capabilities. Will better coaches = decent offensive line? I would just hate to pass up an opportunity to finally pair Herb with an elite downfield target. Because let’s face it, QJ will never be that guy, even with considerable improvement. Palmer is a solid #2 at best. And KA is turning 32, after having missed 10 games in 2 years. Every great QB has had great targets. Herb, not so much. There was a recent graphic that illustrated the challenges that Herb has had in finding open targets. I believe the gist of it was that his targets were cumulatively 2nd worst in the league at gaining separation.
                    Okay okay, maybe coaching/scheme will benefit all on the Oline, cuz there is talent already there. But yes, WR needs a stud. Really hoping MHJ drops cuz QBs. Won’t happen, why I’m in the Nabers camp.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post
                      PFN_MDS_Result__1704864731097.png
                      my thought process on this was just play it straight, took bowers, newton fell to us so i scooped him up, hed help with the dline, tampa is a big physical corner he thumps like young derwin. audric angry runner between the tackles yes please. with linsley gone we take nugent throw him in see how he does, zinter takes salyer spot and we kick salyer out to rt. milton i dont love, but hes big and kinda fast, he could help us this year
                      That site should be banned...its cruel to get fans hopes up like that, with these ridiculous hauls...lol
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I'm not happy with Pipkins at his best. He doesn't handle top rushers one on one and his run blocking is inconsistent. No question that we can do better and probably should. He's not the only reason Herbert has been hit so much but he's part of it.
                        Pip gets beat a lot. The RB / TE blocks are always looking for the guy that beat Pip when they could have helped somewhere else.
                        Yep...TT signing Pip to a $21 mil extension is kind of high for a backup OT who is starting...kind of reminds me of AJ signing second-rate guys like Jyles Tucker to big extensions, only to see them fizzle out shortly afterwards...

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...TT signing Pip to a $21 mil extension is kind of high for a backup OT who is starting...kind of reminds me of AJ signing second-rate guys like Jyles Tucker to big extensions, only to see them fizzle out shortly afterwards...
                          I know it sucks, but that’s the going rate for crappy OTs with lots of starts. Top OTs are rare, which is one reason to take one at #5. Looking around the league, there are a lot of overrated OTs getting really big bucks. Because they are almost good enough. Which is the best you can hope for in any cases.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X