• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I'm not so concerned about a prospect's draft slot. I'm more concerned with what a specific prospect brings to a specific team.
    Certainly Bowers would bring a lot to the Chargers' offense.
    Is that more than what McKinstry would bring to the Chargers' defense...?
    Yes....a good front 7 fixes things for the secondary.
    Bowers not only gives Herbert another huge weapon, he helps the blocking. Everett was never a great blocker.

That said we need a CB, maybe 2 but I'm picking Latu and Verse over McKinstrey.
    Probably not Turner. Not sold on him yet & I'm not that big on Trice, especially round 1 top 15 if we trade down. Id be going WRs before I pick him.

But again for me, asside from Bowers things depend on the coaches who who we keep or not before I decide on a WR. I also think we sign at least 1 FA, maybe 2 once we get the cap down. Would love Jaylon Johnson but he might be out of range.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-05-2024, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Plus I think if you have a stronger Front 7, more consistent pass rush, that helps the DBs. So if the Chargers go defense in R1 - I would hope its for Front 7 over DB - all things equal, talent, etc. But the Chargers need to build a Fron t7. I cannot recall the last time they had a really good front 7
      our SB appearance ??

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Bowers not only gives Herbert another huge weapon, he helps the blocking. Everett was never a great blocker.

Probably not Turner. Not sold on him yet & I'm not that big on Trice, especially round 1 top 15 if we trade down. Id be going WRs before I pick him.

But again for me, asside from Bowers things depend on the coaches who who we keep or not before I decide on a WR. I also think we sign at least 1 FA, maybe 2 once we get the cap down. Would love Jaylon Johnson but he might be out mid range.
        I suspect Jaylon, at 24, will be a top 5 sought after UFA and will cash in.

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

But again for me, asside from Bowers things depend on the coaches who who we keep or not before I decide on a WR. I also think we sign at least 1 FA, maybe 2 once we get the cap down. Would love Jaylon Johnson but he might be out of range.
          I was on the Harrison Jr bandwagon but I'm leaning more towards Bowers. I think he would be a better fit, IMHO. I'm kind of liking Braelon Allen in the 2nd if he is there. With Hubert I think the offense is more of a priority than defense going into next year. Bowers you get a TE that can block which is a need and that would definitely help the o-line and he is a yac monster. Allen would be a huge get in a position of need. Ek will most likely be gone and I'm not very impressed with the current RBs.
          1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
          3a- #66 Puni OT
          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
          4a- #105 Rice WR
          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
          5- #140 Green CB
          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I was on the Harrison Jr bandwagon but I'm leaning more towards Bowers. I think he would be a better fit, IMHO. I'm kind of liking Braelon Allen in the 2nd if he is there. With Hubert I think the offense is more of a priority than defense going into next year. Bowers you get a TE that can block which is a need and that would definitely help the o-line and he is a yac monster. Allen would be a huge get in a position of need. Ek will most likely be gone and I'm not very impressed with the current RBs.
            We aren't going to get Harrison. Butmid be fine with Nabers just as well. OrmOdumze if we can move back a little IF Bowers is gone. If he isn't then, ......i waste about 5 seconds of the my allotted 15 minutes turning in that card.
            ​​​​Or is it 10 minutes?
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-05-2024, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

There is a LOT here and it is very advanced, yanno Modern Football.

For starters, I propose moving Derwin to MIKE ala Divine Diablo

This makes two DBs PON.
              Absolutely.
              lock step.
              2024: Far From Over

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

We aren't going together Harrison. Butmid be fine with Nabers just as well. OrmOdumze if we can move back a little IF Bowers is gone. If he isn't then, ......i waste about 5 seconds of the my allotted 15 minutes turning in that card.
                ​​​​Or is it 10 minutes?
                I thought Nabers >> Odunze initially too, now I am not sure. Need to see if that reported 4.34 is a lie or not. Nabers is mid 4.4s which can be just fine but I am warming to Odunze quickly.

MH2 will not be there and I cannot see trading up to get him as there will be high caliber blue chips at 6 and the cost would impair other improvement needs.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Chargers8491
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2022
                  • Send PM

Agreed, Unless some craziness happens with the 1st 3 picks Harrison will be gone. I also agree with you that if Bowers is there it would take me 5 seconds to make the choice but torn on whether they should trade back if both Bowers and Harrison is gone. Part of me wants them to take best available and part of me wants them to stack some picks. If Bowers is gone there should be some really good players left that could help the Chargers.
                  2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                  3a- #66 Puni OT
                  3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                  4a- #105 Rice WR
                  4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                  5- #140 Green CB
                  6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post
                    Agreed, Unless some craziness happens with the 1st 3 picks Harrison will be gone. I also agree with you that if Bowers is there it would take me 5 seconds to make the choice but torn on whether they should trade back if both Bowers and Harrison is gone. Part of me wants them to take best available and part of me wants them to stack some picks. If Bowers is gone there should be some really good players left that could help the Chargers.
                    If Bowers is gone, that means Nabers, Odunze, Alt, Latu, and KoolAid are all still there. Add a few other blue chips of your flavor.
                    I think lol
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Chargers8491
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2022
                      • Send PM

Highlights of Bowers if you're bored....

Brock Bowers Highlights || Current Highlights || Georgia Bulldogs || TE || 2021 - 2022 Season - YouTube
                      2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                      3a- #66 Puni OT
                      3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                      4a- #105 Rice WR
                      4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                      5- #140 Green CB
                      6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

This Bama secondary is just so damn good. The improvement of Terrion Arnold is so noticeable. How much of it is coaching and how much of it is him? That’s the question you have to ask with any Saban or Belichick DB. I know Kool-Aid man is just stupid talented. That’s a different category. To me, it’s a matter of how good the other guys are (excluding stud freshman Caleb Downs).

You know, that group of Arnold, Trey Amos, Jaylen Key, and Malachi Moore. There is something to work with in all of them. But how much of it is coaching? I think there is a lot of nitty-gritty work that will need to be done on that group.
                        Dallas Turner caused havoc. Had a sack in the game. You can see he can clearly rush the passer. How blue chip of a blue chip is he? Dark blue? Tar Heel fake blue? That’s what you have to ask yourself. Meanwhile, Chris Braswell was taken totally out of the game.

Some of it is the Michigan scheme. JJ McCarthy isn’t holding onto the ball forever. It’s one read and get rid of it that ties into something else. I don’t think you’re quite getting Will Anderson but I feel good about Turner. Ask me in March about Braswell.
                        Many know by now that I’m not a Blake Corum fan. I think he’s going to get overdrafted. You still have to give him credit on some things. He’s tough, pass protects his tail off, and can catch. His night was looking really inefficient before he took over in overtime. Finished the game with 19 carries for 83 yards and a score.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. You’re out of your mind if you take him in the top three rounds. Not with the value of running backs in today’s game.
                        To close, let’s do some quick hitters on this defense. It’s a damn good defense. I’m a big Junior Colson fan. Led the team with 10 tackles. Someone will get a football player with him.
                        I love this cornerback duo. What Will Johnson did against Marvin Harrison speaks for itself. He was on the same level of gross in a good way in this one. It’s a headache trying to complete balls to his side of the field. Honestly, I think Mike Sainristill is arguably one of the most underrated corners in the sport. Converted receiver and you can see how good he is with the ball in the air. The surprising part is how well he tackles and blitzes. I’m in on both.
                        ​​

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Absolutely.
                          lock step.
                          Agreed . . . . . . . . .1000 %

Comment

Working...