• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

The deal would be agreed to well before draft day.
    It's a bad trade for the Bengals. Just look at the draft for possible RBs. Based on the talent I see Ekeler would bring in no better
    than a 4th. Things may be better for Ekeler after the draft.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Tight End (1)

Michael Mayer, Notre Dame (No. 18)

Comp: T.J. Hockenson

Mayer is by far the best tight end in the draft, and many would assume the Steelers wouldn’t be in the mix for a tight end after it was reported Zach Gentry is being retained. Nonetheless, as of this being written the Gentry contract has not been made official, so I’m keeping this on the board for now.

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

It's still a crapshoot no matter which way you spin it but at #21 we get to pick our guy vs. sitting around for something that somebody else might have taken from us. Just fill in the blank for #22 to #41...meh...
        Sorry but why would we be sitting around? Not sure what you're getting at. The trade was for us to slip to #28, not 41. I'm not saying give up our #21 for
        #41. I'm saying what Staley hinted at. After the blue chips are gone the draft board opens up. Meaning you can go in different directions since there would
        be clusters of talent available. The difference between a RB rated at #21 may not be so great for the next available RB which can be at #41. Lots of need
        for different teams at different positions.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Darnell Washington can take a leap by getting more experience as a pass catching tight end. Washington has caught 45 passes in his whole career, and while he had great efficiency when used in the passing game, his role was typically pretty simple. Washington has limitless potential as an NFL tight end, he just has a long journey to achieve it.
          Dalton Kincaid might be the best pure receiving tight end to come out in the last two years. He caught 174 passes in four full seasons with 35 of those catches going for scores. That is outrageous production for a college tight end. Kincaid is basically a 6’4”, 245 pound wide receiver who can outrun linebackers and outmuscle most defensive backs.

Dalton Kincaid can take a leap by providing anything as a blocker. Kincaid is a liability when it comes to in-line blocking. This is not a death sentence for the modern tight end, not by a long shot. However it limits how teams can deploy Kincaid, hampering scheme flexibility.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Sorry but why would we be sitting around? Not sure what you're getting at. The trade was for us to slip to #28, not 41. I'm not saying give up our #21 for
            #41. I'm saying what Staley hinted at. After the blue chips are gone the draft board opens up. Meaning you can go in different directions since there would
            be clusters of talent available. The difference between a RB rated at #21 may not be so great for the next available RB which can be at #41. Lots of need
            for different teams at different positions.
            The only way this happens is on draft day because man we would look stupid if someone we wanted dropped to #21 we really liked.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Tony Pauline reporting that Juice Scruggs could be off the board to the Bears @103....

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

The only way this happens is on draft day because man we would look stupid if someone we wanted dropped to #21 we really liked.
                It wasn't me that proposed the trade. But from #21 to #28 may or may not be a big deal. If the teams drafting #22-#27 have the same needs we
                do then it's a big deal. If not then it's not a big deal. Depends on how the cookie crumbles. Since we can draft many different positions the guy we want
                could very well be a bunch of guys, not limited to one @21. In that case #28 doesn't look like much of a drop off if at all. At #41 there is a possibility of
                several players at the same position with similar talent. Taking a guy @21 versus @41 doesn't necessarily guarantee a better player.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

It wasn't me that proposed the trade. But from #21 to #28 may or may not be a big deal. If the teams drafting #22-#27 have the same needs we
                  do then it's a big deal. If not then it's not a big deal. Depends on how the cookie crumbles. Since we can draft many different positions the guy we want
                  could very well be a bunch of guys, not limited to one @21. In that case #28 doesn't look like much of a drop off if at all. At #41 there is a possibility of
                  several players at the same position with similar talent. Taking a guy @21 versus @41 doesn't necessarily guarantee a better player.
                  The only way I do this is if we upgrade our other picks into the second round from the third round so we get two picks in the second. I'm just not into trading filet mignon for 10 bags of Doritos...

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

The only way I do this is if we upgrade our other picks into the second round from the third round so we get two picks in the second. I'm just not into trading filet mignon for 10 bags of Doritos...
                    The trade was for our #21 and Ekeler for #28, 60, 92. That's a bad deal for Cincy even if Ekeler agrees to a longer term contract.
                    It wasn't me that proposed it. But it would be a good deal for us, not Cincy.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

The trade was for our #21 and Ekeler for #28, 60, 92. That's a bad deal for Cincy even if Ekeler agrees to a longer term contract.
                      It wasn't me that proposed it. But it would be a good deal for us, not Cincy.
                      So Ekeler is only worth the 92nd pick? Or should I dare worthless than the 92nd pick? Cause moving down 7 spots for the 92nd pick is a bag of Doritos for us!

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Will Levis has moved down to #23 in ranking. Maybe we get our second string QB? LOL!

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

Geez just having some fun dudes. lol

Comment

Working...
                          X