• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Brian Branch with #21 pick would be amazing! The BPA @PON (slot corner)...?

I found an interesting quote in regards to slot corner Clark Phillips...

“He’s a big-time self-starter. He wants to be great.” -- West Coast scout for AFC team
    Now, I'm no Geography major, but....
    OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Look, I'm a big fan of beef, and would like us to draft especially D-line and TE early, but there's not always a hard and fast rule on this...don't want to reach again for another Tillery...
      When did TE become beef...? Is this an impossible burger thing...?

And when did Jerry Tillery become the new DJ Fluker...?

Now, I'm not promoting going DL with the 1st round pick. But it aint because of Jerry Tillery...
      If we played that game, it might be impossible to draft anyone at any position in the 1st round...

OLineCentric

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
        The NFL is a line of scrimmage league. Rounds 1 and 2 should always be used on Ol, DL or edge (assuming you have your QB). 5 other rounds to fill out the roster.
        I wouldn’t say always, but I would say often.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

When did TE become beef...? Is this an impossible burger thing...?

And when did Jerry Tillery become the new DJ Fluker...?

Now, I'm not promoting going DL with the 1st round pick. But it aint because of Jerry Tillery...
          If we played that game, it might be impossible to draft anyone at any position in the 1st round...
          When it's name is Darnell Washington........

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Fucking amen.

What’s likely when we pick:

Third or fourth best OT.

Third best DT.

Third best or fourth best DB..

Fourth best WR.

Second or third best EDGE.

Second best RB.

Not counting the TEs cuz frankly none of them are Kelce. Grab one later.

I’m going Gibbs until further notice lol.
            Kelce was a 3rd rd pick. Kittle was a 5th. We need a top talent, somebody who will impact the game at 21. BPA when we're in the clock.
            It could be a lot of guys. Gibbs is a definite maybe.but I could be happy with a TE -WR- Edge -DL- LB -DB, depends on the guy.
            With 3-4 QBs being taken ahead of us, we're picking like #17. There are a load of top Edge. Our odds are good for a top player there and #3s a need.
            I like TE Kincaid, Washington, Mayer

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I’ve never seen him fall past 20. It’s best not to even think about getting him.
              But what if he did fall to 21? Would he even be on staley’s radar? I’m not sure he’s a “scheme” fit but the guy looks amazing, his interviews are a big plus in my book…the way he rushes and they way he looks in uniform reminds me of bruce smith…he has that lean…
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Kelce was a 3rd rd pick. Kittle was a 5th. We need a top talent, somebody who will impact the game at 21. BPA when we're in the clock.
                It could be a lot of guys. Gibbs is a definite maybe.but I could be happy with a TE -WR- Edge -DL- LB -DB, depends on the guy.
                With 3-4 QBs being taken ahead of us, we're picking like #17. There are a load of top Edge. Our odds are good for a top player there and #3s a need.
                I like TE Kincaid, Washington, Mayer
                The point of my post was, there won’t be a lot of drop off from guys available to us at 21 at most positions; however there isn’t another Gibbs anywhere in this draft, he’s not a maybe, but closest to a sure thing at 21.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

The point of my post was, there won’t be a lot of drop off from guys available to us at 21 at most positions; however there isn’t another Gibbs anywhere in this draft, he’s not a maybe, but closest to a sure thing at 21.
                  Gibbs looks like the ideal replacement for Ekeler, if replacing Ekeler is the goal. He's listed as 5-9, 199, and averaged 10 yards per reception on 44 catches. His breakaway speed (4.36 40!) sets him apart from Ek, but otherwise very similar.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Gibbs looks like the ideal replacement for Ekeler, if replacing Ekeler is the goal. He's listed as 5-9, 199, and averaged 10 yards per reception on 44 catches. His breakaway speed (4.36 40!) sets him apart from Ek, but otherwise very similar.
                    Likely Ekeler is gone after this season, best to draft his replacement now, and another big RB to compliment him in this draft, there are some better options this year than what’s currently on the roster (despite Ekeler’s gaudy stats we’ve been bottom three in the league rushing the past two years, gotta change that, new OC plus new RBs).

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Likely Ekeler is gone after this season, best to draft his replacement now, and another big RB to compliment him in this draft, there are some better options this year than what’s currently on the roster (despite Ekeler’s gaudy stats we’ve been bottom three in the league rushing the past two years, gotta change that, new OC plus new RBs).
                      Grab Bijon in the first and Keaton Mitchell in the back half because most likely after this season Eke is gone if we don't trade him before this season starts.Or we can rely on TTs awesome stable of late RB picks and remain 30th in rushing.Easy choice for me.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Gotcha. I find no fault in your logic. My point is that another exceptional player may be there.
                        From the outside looking in, my confidence in Staley/ TT doing well in the 1st is pretty high after Slater & Zion. Moore may be a wildcard in the evaluation, likewise Ekeler. D seems more needy but lighting up the scoreboard may be the big want. If so, who does Moore like? WR , TE is a definite maybe.
                        I'm having trouble locking in. Gibbs is a solid choice though.I like him. You may be right.
                        I'm stuck in BPA so far. The way the board moves will be the decider.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

What pick will fix our trash ass rushing ranking the most?

Comment

Working...
                          X