• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Lonnie looks good at Senior Bowl practice, Nutty. Variety of moves.
    Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Lonnie looks good at Senior Bowl practice, Nutty. Variety of moves.
      A deep class @EDGE will allow teams to get depth @the position in later rounds.
      I like the depth @many positions this year... TE, RB, WR, EDGE, IOL... even some off-ball LB's.
      I see some depth @CB. But I see better depth @other positions.
      OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

I saw your late round CB... got any more tape of him? Maybe some full-game tape?
        OLineCentric

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Ref to 54...I like Phillips a lot...just not sure about 21...at 54? No brainer steal...

DB is a wildcard...we just dont know what Telesco and Staley are thinking...

Scenario 1: They really like our young guys, they think JC will come back early season and contribute, they see Davis and Asante in our future, and figure to shed high salaries at other positions, like Edge or WR, when money gets tight, and its time to pay them...

In this scenario, CB at 21 is highly unlikely.

Scenario 2: They are not impressed by their recent crop of DBs, they have identified JC as a swing and miss they may have to bail on in 2024, and do not want to commit to both Davis and Asante's big contracts on the horizon...

In this scenario, Nutty...well, he has "the Nuts", for all you card players out there, pun definitely intended...CB at 21 would be a big priority...and what better year, than with this class?

But again...we just dont know...but we might have a pretty good idea what they think of the state of our DB room come day 3, lol...
          Agree we just don't know so we wing it and take the best guess.
          I will say I'm not a fan of drafting the two smallest receivers though.
          Just can't fathom drafting two 165 pound receivers.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

Reports have the chargers zeroing in on a Pass catcher in the 1st round. Jordan Lewis says they are adamant. And the guy they are zeroing in on is Jordan Addison from USC.

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
              Reports have the chargers zeroing in on a Pass catcher in the 1st round. Jordan Lewis says they are adamant. And the guy they are zeroing in on is Jordan Addison from USC.
              I would view that as a mistake. If we're going to take a small receiver I'd go with Flowers instead. He is about 2 inches shorter than Addison but
              weights 10 pounds heavier and to me he looks much more of a threat downfield and after the catch. Both should be in the cluster @21. I think
              we have interviewed both, which sometimes means nothing. Addison may turn out to be a lesser version of Allen.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Chargers have plenty of inside scoopage on JA.
                The pipeline goes
                --new LAC position coach
                --Maryland Terrapins.
                --Pitt Panthers
                --USC Trojans

Head on down The I-110, Jordan.
                Twenty minutes not counting traffic.
                Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

A deep class @EDGE will allow teams to get depth @the position in later rounds.
                  I like the depth @many positions this year... TE, RB, WR, EDGE, IOL... even some off-ball LB's.
                  I see some depth @CB. But I see better depth @other positions.
                  We need Depth that can eventually take over a starting position by next year.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

I like Jordan but not with our 21st pick. Maybe Pittsburgh drafts him for a reunion.
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

gotta admit you guys are making me a little nervous w/all this Darnell talk.... are we sure 'tis not a McKitty redux ?? guy that could hellah block and catch the ball some, and.... dude has been intermittent @best, and on both counts, and.... Brandon has said as much.... "we need to get more from Tre."

Kincaid catches the ball, he's consistent, and he's not a maybe he'll develop as a pass catcher.... no way am I drafting a blocking TE ahead of someone who can go for double figures in one game for receptions, and triple figures in yards, and prolly more than a time or coupla few.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                        I somewhat suspect TT will draft like his job is secure for the next few years and his choices will pan out. That bothers me. Like, drafting players who need time to produce, only, some haven’t, three years on. Yet he has to hold onto them, ‘cause he drafted them and thinks highly of them. Either that or he has his butt in a sling. Eventually the bell tolls, despite the Spani putting off it tolls for thee (TT).
                        AJ turned to crap when he saw the writing in the wall. I prefer TT run the show like he plans on staying.
                        Last year he drafted two starters, traded 2nd for a HOF level vet Edge.
                        Picks 3 & 4 turned out to be TBD but look promising. Pick 6a saved the season.
                        It was a mixed bag that helped make the playoffs.
                        I share your apparent wish that he find players early that play significant snaps in '23.
                        Positions obviously open to competition from a top draft pick are slot CB, FS, TE, #3 WR, #3 Edge, #3 C/G.
                        DB & TE will play a lot of snaps, WR, Edge several in rotation, C/G hopefully none.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

We need Depth that can eventually take over a starting position by next year.
                          In many mocks, I choose an EDGE player in the 2nd round... so I agree.
                          In this particular mock, I saw Clark Phillips there... and couldn't resist.
                          Should we not address EDGE early this draft, we could always address it early in next year's draft.
                          OLineCentric

Comment

Working...
                          X