Jayden Reed
        WR | Michigan State
        Luke Schoonmaker
        TE | Michigan
        Jalen Redmond
        DL | Oklahoma
        Bryce Ford-Wheaton
        WR | West Virginia

In the second round I was offered an outrageous trade by the Falcons that I would have taken in real life, but it wasn't realistic at all, so I rejected it for the purposes of this thread. In that regard maybe I should have passed on Bijan Robinson, since I don't think he'll be there.

I like Sanders' pass-rushing ability and versatility to play either inside or outside.

I wanted a defensive tackle in the second or third round, but there weren't any available. Battle could battle (hilarious) with Gilman.

Reed runs a 4.45 and has kick and punt return experience. He's only 5-11, but I read he puts himself in excellent position on deep throws and jump balls. Ford-Wheaton runs a 4.38 at 6-4, 221 pounds. I read he needs to work on his route-running. I figured I would give him a shot in the seventh round--with his size and testing numbers.

I was quite surprised to see Schoonmaker in the fifth round.

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

I somewhat suspect TT will draft like his job is secure for the next few years and his choices will pan out. That bothers me. Like, drafting players who need time to produce, only, some haven’t, three years on. Yet he has to hold onto them, ‘cause he drafted them and thinks highly of them. Either that or he has his butt in a sling. Eventually the bell tolls, despite the Spani putting off it tolls for thee (TT).
        Last edited by Caslon; 04-14-2023, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
          I dont know all this fancy scout talk, but Kincaid ran away from defenders if they pivoted for even a second the wrong way, Washington does not. I can see Washington having huge value in a 50/50 balanced attack as he will be a 6th OL. He will get catches with his huge radius and post-up ability to wall off defenders, he can move chains and maybe be a big body target in RZ - Herbie would know how to put it where it should be for him. He just wont be yacking the field apart after a catch like Kincaid can and will. But Kincaid cannot block for shit, and I think OCs and HCs will be less enamored with a TE that cannot block than we are. This is still the NF-fucking-L, damnit.

Better off just trading up for Bijan - he’s LT+WalterPayton+pickanotherbackyoulove!
          One minor quibble- It's 'N-fucking-FL', not 'NF-fucking-L'.

Carry on.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
            Solving the RB gap once and for all…

image.png
            Let's re-do that Kevin Costner movie about being a GM, and have him do a draft like this. Comedy gold!

Dammit, Janet, there's gotta be at least ONE good running back among them!"

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Disagree with nearly all of this.

Gronk ran a 4.68, got by many DBs and LBs. Isn't twitchy in his movements just knows how to run a route and get open.
              You don't need blazing speed to get open on seam routes.

Kincaid has very good body control and excellent hands. I don't know what you are looking at.
              Did you really watch his tape?
              I don't know where you got that 4.71 from either.

He didn't do any run drills because he had a back injury that he played with in the PAC 12 championship game, then had minor surgery. Obviously you didn't know that.

Gronk also had a back injury coming out so don't say that's a red flag. It was reported to be minor.

Kincaid is a ok blocker, won't knock your socks off but he can improve like Gates did who wasn't that great a blocker but improved to average.

One of Kincaids college seasons was during the COVID pandemic where he played 1 game and shut er down.
              Slater didn't play even 1 game that year.
              He also played 2 season at USD before he went to Utah.

Sorry, I'm throwing your eval in the trashcan.

BTW, Jeremiah moved Kincaid up 2 spots to #9 in his newest top 50, which even I wonder about that.
              Sure you can say he is perhaps over valuing him but I'd say he knows what he is looking at better than us.
              Lol...thanks...saved me a lot of typing...couldnt have said it better.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Nutty's Daily Mock:

21: R1 P21 S Brian Branch - Alabama BPA Drafted him as a slot... with this particular haul, he'd play FS.
                54: R2 P23 CB Clark Phillips - Utah BPA I seem to be the only one who likes Phillips. I'll play along and scoop him in the 2nd. Officially, the No Fly Zone.
                85: R3 P22 WR Tank Dell - Houston Production, speed, and return ability.
                125: R4 P23 RB Israel Abanikanda - Pittsburgh Don't sleep on Israel... deep class
                156: R5 P21 TE Josh Whyle - Cincinnati Seam buster and eventual replacement for Everett. Red-zone target for Herbie.
                200: R6 P23 EDGE Lonnie Phelps - Kansas Physical depth. He's like Rumph... only opposite. EDGE would be next year's high pick target.
                239: R7 P22 WR Derius Davis - TCU You wanted speed... one of the fastest in the draft. The draft's best punt returner.​

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                  Nutty's Daily Mock:

21: R1 P21 S Brian Branch - Alabama BPA Drafted him as a slot... with this particular haul, he'd play FS.
                  54: R2 P23 CB Clark Phillips - Utah BPA I seem to be the only one who likes Phillips. I'll play along and scoop him in the 2nd. Officially, the No Fly Zone.
                  125: R4 P23 RB Israel Abanikanda - Pittsburgh Don't sleep on Israel... deep class
                  156: R5 P21 TE Josh Whyle - Cincinnati Seam buster and eventual replacement for Everett. Red-zone target for Herbie.
                  200: R6 P23 EDGE Lonnie Phelps - Kansas Physical depth. He's like Rumph... only opposite. EDGE would be next year's high pick target.
                  239: R7 P22 WR Derius Davis - TCU You wanted speed... one of the fastest in the draft. The draft's best punt returner.​
                  Looks good.
                  Good roster build.
                  Will have a look at Phelps,
                  the one unknown here
                  at woodeye Scouting Bureau.

As one example it is amazing how Dell beats press coverage, leaving 'em in the dust.

Also.
                  Good news.
                  Geek Squad has hooked up my new HP Envy 17.3 to the patented algorithms.
                  Analysis soon.
                  Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                    Nutty's Daily Mock:

Ref to 54...I like Phillips a lot...just not sure about 21...at 54? No brainer steal...

DB is a wildcard...we just dont know what Telesco and Staley are thinking...

Scenario 1: They really like our young guys, they think JC will come back early season and contribute, they see Davis and Asante in our future, and figure to shed high salaries at other positions, like Edge or WR, when money gets tight, and its time to pay them...

In this scenario, CB at 21 is highly unlikely.

Scenario 2: They are not impressed by their recent crop of DBs, they have identified JC as a swing and miss they may have to bail on in 2024, and do not want to commit to both Davis and Asante's big contracts on the horizon...

In this scenario, Nutty...well, he has "the Nuts", for all you card players out there, pun definitely intended...CB at 21 would be a big priority...and what better year, than with this class?

But again...we just dont know...but we might have a pretty good idea what they think of the state of our DB room come day 3, lol...
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Lonnie Phelps:
                      #Kansas #jayhawks #beastmode #unstoppable #big12football #big12 #phelps #ncaafootball

Lonnie Phelps is an edge defender who played his college football for the Kansas Jayhawks. he was a standout at the Reese's Senior Bowl.Lonnie Phelps Jr. NFL...

View the profile of Cleveland Browns Defensive End Lonnie Phelps on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Ref to 54...I like Phillips a lot...just not sure about 21...at 54? No brainer steal...

DB is a wildcard...we just dont know what Telesco and Staley are thinking...

Scenario 1: They really like our young guys, they think JC will come back early season and contribute, they see Davis and Asante in our future, and figure to shed high salaries at other positions, like Edge or WR, when money gets tight, and its time to pay them...

In this scenario, CB at 21 is highly unlikely.

Scenario 2: They are not impressed by their recent crop of DBs, they have identified JC as a swing and miss they may have to bail on in 2024, and do not want to commit to both Davis and Asante's big contracts on the horizon...

In this scenario, Nutty...well, he has "the Nuts", for all you card players out there, pun definitely intended...CB at 21 would be a big priority...and what better year, than with this class?

But again...we just dont know...but we might have a pretty good idea what they think of the state of our DB room come day 3, lol...
                        Scenario 3.
                        The scrubs have mastered Staley's disguised coverages, learned how to tackle by using the mechanical robotic dummies, and will come together.

The total will be greater than the sum of the parts.

We draft a late round value DB
                        in a draft deep at the position.
                        Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• pigskin
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Southern Oregon
                          • Send PM

21. Brian Branch DB
                          54. Marvin Mims WR
                          89. Roschon Johnson RB