2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I haven’t seen any dril numbers for either - what are your pro and con comparisons Mayer vs Kincaid? On tape, Kincaid seems football faster, harder to cover, Mayer seems stronger, more of a traditional TE who can play in-line as well as get out in pass plays.

I’d love Bijan over either, to be honest. I could be wrong but he looks truly special. I’ll be surprised he’s not taken before our pick
    well, as an intangibles guy, alotta my takes are not overly empirical, and.... just not feelin' Mayer as a Charger.... do think he'd be great in Green Bay.... maybe w/the Jets, Tennessee, Giants, Buffalo.... dunno, and.... where on the other hand, really think Kincaid is Herbert compatible, and love his ability to snare passes outta thin air.

Kincaid had a good college QB that threw the ball where the CB wasn't, and Kincaid showed a real knack to get in position for the catch, and no matter how small the window.... he's what we need, a receiving TE, that'd prolly replace Everett after next season ??

and obviously Mayer is gonna be effective.... can catch the ball, can hellah block, and just gives your O confidence size wise, and talent wise, and.... just like Dalton better for us.

and agree, would prolly lean Bijan over Kincaid, albeit both of 'em would be hellah gets, albeit will admit to once upon a time thinking Kincaid was similar to HH, in that thought he'd be a reach round two, and now Jeremiah rolls in and claims he's our No. 1 @21.

my original dream scenario, and one that wasn't all that rare w/the simulators, was Bijan round one and Kincaid round two.... now am leaning D'Ernest Johnson in FA and Kincaid @21.

and not overly concerned w/drills, unless someone really lays an egg, and the paparazzi punditry is subsequently up in arms.

now am hoping for Kincaid round one, and that Siaki Ika drops to us in round two....

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Anything to do to with the EDGE duo of Mack + Bosa is a non-starter, for me, zero interest at any level. I focused solely on 2023 draft profile selections and talent evaluations, since this is the draft super-thread. I still think the Chargers can have OT Broderick Jones or OT Paris Johnson Jr. fall to them at 21, in fact, Lance ZierLein mocked that exact scenario, and I jump on that deal. Every single time.

Then trade up for Dalton Kincaid. I believe Wood-eye, you, + myself are in agreement on his draft profile, this kid is a difference maker and immediately elevates the position.
      don't think you have to worry 'bout losing Bosa, as would be an oversized surprise if the Chargers moved him, albeit will admit to being a bit worried 'bout Keenan, as would never consider such a mishap, albeit again there are more than a coupla few of you who aren't gonna bat an eye for the if and when you can have him shipped out of here.... hard to imagine by my take.

and took a closer look at the both of Jones and Johnson, and really don't see anything much more than avg starter there for the either of 'em ?? and whereas do see Pro Bowl for the likes of an O'Cyrus and Branch, and quite possibly the both or either of Bijan and/or Kincaid....

personally suspect that the three of Bijan, O'Cyrus and Branch are all gonna be off the board come 21, and for myself, 'twould be between the likes of Siaki Ika and Kincaid.... ??

I want value @every level of the draft, and don't like drafting for need.... has consequences in the longrun.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
        Like several of these, Fleet...particularly at the top.

Branch Is another guy I like. Him and Bijan may be cant miss prospects...but my "favorite" is Mayer....miles and miles of good tape, and I could care less if he runs a good 40. I think he is not only a safe pick, but high floor AND ceiling.

Schmitz is another very solid bet in the middle rounds.

Edit...Just realized offense only, so nevermind Branch comments, lol
        Roshon Johnson is the back I want. Day 3 in the draft hopefully.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Roshon Johnson is the back I want. Day 3 in the draft hopefully.
          I really like him too if we don't draft Bijan.

I just happened to notice him when watching Bijan tape of Longhorns games and then went to Rochons tape.

He is versatile. Was a QB star in highschool, catches the ball well and ran some wildcat for the Longhorns.

Also has very good size and looks real quick. Look forward to his combine and if he does well, I'd use a third on him.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I am down with the Luke Musgrave + Dalton Kincaid first round groupings. The rollout option to the tight end from Herbert-to-Kincaid would be tough to defend.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Im not gonna claim to be the first guy with the stones to suggest Kincaid in the first...but after rewatching and comparing TEs this week, I am in. What does it for me, is how he is always making good football moves after the catch. First, his ability to achieve and maintain seperation gives him these opportunities. Second, these initial moves are often successful because of his awareness of where the defender is, in relation to himself, even as he is completing the catch. This is the mark of a truely instinctive athlete, which is a huge plus for me when looking at prospects...

Blocking is something he will have to develop, but no doubt in my mind this kid and Herbert would make a great pairing.

I do also like Musgrave, but some question marks over health, little recent tape, and the fact he just doesnt look as good as Kincaid after the catch...at least not consistently...makes me slide him into the second.

Mayer still my fav...safest, most polished, pro ready TE, who is gonna be really good in this league. He can run the routes, knows how to find the openings in zone, will make the tough catches, and while maybe not as dynamic as Kincaid receiving, will bring physicality to both the running and passing game.
              Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                Im not gonna claim to be the first guy with the stones to suggest Kincaid in the first...but after rewatching and comparing TEs this week, I am in. What does it for me, is how he is always making good football moves after the catch. First, his ability to achieve and maintain seperation gives him these opportunities. Second, these initial moves are often successful because of his awareness of where the defender is, in relation to himself, even as he is completing the catch. This is the mark of a truely instinctive athlete, which is a huge plus for me when looking at prospects...

Blocking is something he will have to develop, but no doubt in my mind this kid and Herbert would make a great pairing.

I do also like Musgrave, but some question marks over health, little recent tape, and the fact he just doesnt look as good as Kincaid after the catch...at least not consistently...makes me slide him into the second.

Mayer still my fav...safest, most polished, pro ready TE, who is gonna be really good in this league. He can run the routes, knows how to find the openings in zone, will make the tough catches, and while maybe not as dynamic as Kincaid receiving, will bring physicality to both the running and passing game.
                I think Kincaid's tape is much better than Musgraves from what we can get to watch. Kincaid imo is a great fit for Herbert and our team.

Thing is, IF Bijan is there and Kincaid, who do you pick?

I know for many others it's easy and will say Kincaid, and I wouldn't argue but Bijan is a good RB with size and speed and I've been wanting a RB in the first two rounds the last couple drafts.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

2 extremes to strech our offense regardless of what we do with KA.

1. Jaylin Hyatt. Speed as a "force multiplier". Home run threat that is only realistic to a handful of QBs with the arm and accuracy downfield.
                  2. Darnell Washington. Blocking X 10. Creates holes for rbs, keeps Herbert healthy. Huge redzone target, strong hands/wingspan. Unique matchup against anyone.
                  Darius "4.36" Davis
                  top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP Magic Number 1

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think Kincaid's tape is much better than Musgraves from what we can get to watch. Kincaid imo is a great fit for Herbert and our team.

I know for many others it's easy and will say Kincaid, and I wouldn't argue but Bijan is a good RB with size and speed and I've been wanting a RB in the first two rounds the last couple drafts.
                    Both are interesting prospoects for the reasons you mention. Kincaid would be that receiver at the TE that has been lacking. And speed at RB - have to go back to 21 and that was 10 years ago.

If its truly between Bijan or Kincaid - probably lean toward Kincaid unless Bijan is far and away your best prospect left. Like top 10 talent being picked at 21. But if Kincaid is 18 and Bijan is 16 or 17 - probably take Kincaid.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

I think real hard on Bijan...and by that, im thinking of the next 5 plus years, and the need to really launch this rushing attack...but if he is there, and we go a different direction, I wont be crushed...especially if its one of the guys in my cluster! Im just not as zeroed in on one guy, like I was with Slater and Zion...at least not yet.

Also agree on Musgrave vs Kincaid tape...Kincaid just looks more dynamic...and smoother...shame about Musgrave missing all that time.
                      Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Tough call but I lean toward Kincaid. I think our need for better targets is bigger than our need at RB.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          2 extremes to strech our offense regardless of what we do with KA.

1. Jaylin Hyatt. Speed as a "force multiplier". Home run threat that is only realistic to a handful of QBs with the arm and accuracy downfield.
                          2. Darnell Washington. Blocking X 10. Creates holes for rbs, keeps Herbert healthy. Huge redzone target, strong hands/wingspan. Unique matchup against anyone.
                          Yeah ...I like a Hyatt but like others too and a couple better. I don't like Washington for us at all, I'd pass. He is a TE for a team like Tennessee who runs a lot and makes an ocasional catch..for us that isn't round.1 or 2 worthy. And he isn't round 1 or 2 worthy.

Eventually i think he could end up a OT.

Comment

Working...
                          X