First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperCharged
    replied
    Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Well I listen to data and facts…and that’s in my sig if you want for reference.
    Who's better out there?

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

I’m sure you as a Chargers fan is not dismissing punters as if their worthless considering the trouble it has caused the Chargers ever since prime Mike Scifres has been gone.
    It’s positional value. A Scifres is a unicorn. Just like no one values RBs or LBs anymore. Doesn’t mean you wouldn’t take an LT or Seau with a first. But that doesn’t happen very often anymore.

Leave a comment:

• UglyTruth
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Damn you really hate TT don't you?

The GM vote TT ranked 9th out of 32 just sayin....
    Well I listen to data and facts…and that’s in my sig if you want for reference.

Leave a comment:

• UglyTruth
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Finally getting more beef and people are upset about a fucking punter. Can’t win really lol.
    I’m sure you as a Chargers fan is not dismissing punters as if their worthless considering the trouble it has caused the Chargers ever since prime Mike Scifres has been gone.

Leave a comment:

• equivocation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I believe walker’s signing bonus by itself is going to be more than double the sum total value of deans entire deal. I’ll have to verify that tho. At this point it doesn’t much matter who got more hype, tackles, or whatever in college. Walker has definitely benefitted the most from playing next to those guys.
    Dude, you're totally talking about something totally different than what the original post you quoted was talking about. On purpose?

Leave a comment:

• Fouts2herbert
    replied
    Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Draft wise, sure. Scheme wise? Walker was a 2-gap 4i most of the time keeping the TE and T occupied so Dean can run free.
    I believe walker’s signing bonus by itself is going to be more than double the sum total value of deans entire deal. I’ll have to verify that tho. At this point it doesn’t much matter who got more hype, tackles, or whatever in college. Walker has definitely benefitted the most from playing next to those guys.

Leave a comment:

• equivocation
    replied

They all benefitted from playing together, but none more than walker…
    Draft wise, sure. Scheme wise? Walker was a 2-gap 4i most of the time keeping the TE and T occupied so Dean can run free.

Leave a comment:

• Xenos
    replied
    Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

But to fall by two entire rounds because of a bad interview? Everything I heard about the guy was that he was very intelligent and an accomplished student.

The failure to test didn't help, and I didn't see a guy who was a magnet to ball carriers....well, nothing like Lavonte David, whose Nebraska tape for any particular game looked like season highlights.
    And Lavonte David went in the 2nd round.

You got to be that good or better at 5'11" to go in the first round as an inside linebacker in this league.
    LB were already undervalued in the NFL. Throw in additional red flags like size, traits, and potential injury concerns and he’s going to drop.

Leave a comment:

• Fouts2herbert
    replied
    Originally posted by equivocation View Post
    I think Dean benefitted from the talent around him at Georgia more than any other player. Some very talented players (Davis, Walker, Walker, Carter) were tasked with keeping him clean. And they did. There are certain elements you need as an NFL LB that jusr weren't in his film.
    They all benefitted from playing together, but none more than walker…

Leave a comment:

• equivocation
    replied
    I think Dean benefitted from the talent around him at Georgia more than any other player. Some very talented players (Davis, Walker, Walker, Carter) were tasked with keeping him clean. And they did. There are certain elements you need as an NFL LB that jusr weren't in his film.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

But to fall by two entire rounds because of a bad interview? Everything I heard about the guy was that he was very intelligent and an accomplished student.

The failure to test didn't help, and I didn't see a guy who was a magnet to ball carriers....well, nothing like Lavonte David, whose Nebraska tape for any particular game looked like season highlights.

You got to be that good or better at 5'11" to go in the first round as an inside linebacker in this league.
    Probably true and again some GMs will kick themselves. Not sure why a QB height has now been slacked on as we have Murray going #1 at maybe 5'9"( no way he is 5'10")

Dean height is actually 5'11.5"

Mike Singletary is 5'11"
    Bobby Wagner is 6'
    Zach Thomas 5'11"
    Matt Milano 6'

:shrug:

Leave a comment:

• powderblueboy
    replied

There is an element we don’t get to see, we see the accomplishments these guys have on the field, but we don’t get to sit in on the interviews. A LOT of people passed on dean a LOT. Aside from the fact that off ball linebackers have been devalued in the NFL, there might’ve been something in the interview process that teams didn’t like and let’s not forget that didn’t run or do drills leading up to the draft.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X