• Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

i thought Guyton had down year in 2021, hopefully we use him more in 2022
    I think the issue was he was on the field too much so teams game planned for him. Fewer reps mean more production for him.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
      I feel a lot better about OL, DB, RB depth than before the draft. Edge still thin and would like a speed WR but can't have it all.
      agree..... its harder to find edge now but its very possible to find a couple of blazing fast WR's in 7th that can be in camp to learn and earn a roster spot..... you can coach alot of things but you cannot teach speed.... and that is the only thing lacking in our receiving core....

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I love the kid but he wasn’t even the best punter in this draft. It’s why he fell to the 6th.
        He fell to the first pick of the 6th round, so we had to use our 5th round pick to get him, which is what most of us on this forum thought was the case. An early 6th round pick is certainly in the range in which a starting NFL punter would normally be taken. Instead, we will go with a punter that has never averaged 40 net yards per kick in a single season ever. If he ties his best season ever and other punters punt the same as they did last season, we will have the 27th best punter in the league.

Punter is most definitely a need for us.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
          Fluent in Sarcasm
          • Jun 2013
          • Iowa
          • Man of the People
          • Send PM

For those wanting a P Ryan Stonehouse from CSU is a draftable guy IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post

We have already signed J. K. Scott as a punter
            He is Long 2.0 right down to the blocked punts and crappy net punting average.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

i thought Guyton had down year in 2021, hopefully we use him more in 2022
              Palmer caught some of the passes Guyton got in 2020. I expect that to continue, Palmer looks pretty promising.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                Fluent in Sarcasm
                • Jun 2013
                • Iowa
                • Man of the People
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

He fell to the first pick of the 6th round, so we had to use our 5th round pick to get him, which is what most of us on this forum thought was the case. An early 6th round pick is certainly in the range in which a starting NFL punter would normally be taken. Instead, we will go with a punter that has never averaged 40 net yards per kick in a single season ever. If he ties his best season ever and other punters punt the same as they did last season, we will have the 27th best punter in the league.

Punter is most definitely a need for us.
                Woods wouldn’t have fallen to our pick at 123 so we used a 3rd to get him. Don’t waste my time with your big board talk and go look at the safeties taken between 79 and 123 and tell me Woods is worse than all of them. It’s ok to take the punter you want a round earlier then he went but not to take a safety early?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                  Priority FA.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Ontario , Canada
                    • Send PM

I don't get this Taylor pick though. He doesn't seem to be ranked anywhere even on nfl.com. he must have played in a D like Staley's.

Comment

• Craig440
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Looks like to offensive line room is going to be crowded. Good competition. Make good decisions coaches.

Comment

• Tol
                        From Accounting
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Carlsbad
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                        If they have any interest, they should move up to get him. Or he'll get plucked a few picks before us. I don't trust Denver or KC, get ahead of them, or whoever might be looking for a punter.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
                          I don't get this Taylor pick though. He doesn't seem to be ranked anywhere even on nfl.com. he must have played in a D like Staley's.
                          Has 60 plus starts in college, super experienced and polished player, he’s a poor man’s asante samuel but way faster, plays in the slot, good blitzer and has aknack for picking off passes. Also adds value in punt return game!
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X