• Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    Screenshot 2022-10-09 020808.jpg

had my choice between Robinson and Skoronski round one, and.... the further I got along, the bigger the reach/the worse my grade was.... (love the pre draft allowances)
    disregard they’re nonsensical grades :larry:

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

'nother guy that think we might regret if we leave him on the board....

A gifted and technically advanced athlete, Calijah Kancey has a chance to become a high-level starter and one of the league’s better interior pass rushers.

Evaluation:

Prospects who combine unteachable traits and technical refinement early in their college career are somewhat rare. Calijah Kancey fits that description, as the explosive and fluid athlete complements his excellent movement skills with a wide range of hand moves. When the talented defender engages first or attacks a lineman’s hands, he is extremely difficult to stop thanks to his accurate and well-timed hands, upper body strength and lateral quickness. What’s more, he has the flexibility to consistently get below a blocker’s reach and rip through into the backfield. Further, he consistently plays with a pass rush plan and strings together multiple hand moves. Although his game is predicated on burst and refined hand usage, he keeps linemen guessing by combining his first step, heavy hands and natural feel for leverage to manufacture substantial power. As a result of his low pad level and wide base, Kancey also has a strong anchor in run defense and can make plays through engagement. Despite his size, he can stack, shed and fill against the run; Kancy also windows (uses his athleticism to functionally two-gap) at the first level of the defense. When matched up against more than one lineman, the talented defender gets skinny and uses a hump move to split the double team. As a tackler, he is efficient and plays with a high motor. All in all, Kancey is a nightmare in one-on-one situations as a pass rusher and against the run to the extent that he was regularly held and double (or even triple) teamed. An extremely talented defender, Kancey’s main limitations are his size and experience. The defensive lineman comes in significantly shorter and lighter than the average measurements at the position. Further, he was part of a five-man rotation at defensive tackle in 2020 (his first year of play) and had to work to gain the playing time he eventually received towards the end of the season. Kancey’s size and limited experience have, understandably, led to issues on the field. First and foremost, he must initiate contact to bat away his opponent’s hands before they successfully engage in both run and pass defense. When he fails to do this, linemen latch on and control him. Further, Kancey is thrown back when opponents land a shot on his chest. Moreover, the talented defender must learn to aim his shots at his opponents’ hands to create separation; from there, he can win with his quickness. Similarly, he should aim to add forklift and trap moves to his arsenal. These moves are perfectly suited for his athletic profile and skillset. Additionally, Kancey relies too heavily on his power rush and is inaccurate with his hands in his bull rush. Against the run, Kancey can lose gap integrity and remove himself from the play. Finally, the talented defender struggled against top-tier competition. A gifted and technically advanced athlete, Calijah Kancey has a chance to become a high-level starter and one of the league’s better interior pass rushers. He projects as an immediate rotational piece while he develops, as his leverage and hands compensate for his smaller frame. Further, he can overcome most of his issues as he gains more experience.
      sounds like he's got some George Karlaftis to his repertoire, and could be technically equivalent to some of the Olinemen we've had success w/of late.... pass on this guy @your own risk.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

'nother guy that think we might regret if we leave him on the board....

sounds like he's got some George Karlaftis to his repertoire, and could be technically equivalent to some of the Olinemen we've had success w/of late.... pass on this guy @your own risk.
        • 6-0.5
        He’s so small. I’m not against him , but I have a preference to building a taller, heavier DL that wins through constant physicality. That wins by beating up the OL.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          • 6-0.5
          He’s so small. I’m not against him , but I have a preference to building a taller, heavier DL that wins through constant physicality. That wins by beating up the OL.
          that's good to read.... if that sentiment pushes him down the board and makes him available to us.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

that's good to read.... if that sentiment pushes him down the board and makes him available to us.
            Later is better. Talent has to be drafted in the correct round.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

By Chris Trapasso

Round 1 - Pick 24
              Gervon Dexter Sr. DL
              FLORIDA • SOPH • 6'6" / 312 LBS
              PROJECTED TEAM

L.A. Chargers
              PROSPECT RNK

32nd
              POSITION RNK

4th
              The Chargers have to continue to build the strength of their defensive line. Dexter is a behemoth inside.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

1) RB Bijan Robinson
                2) ILB Noah Sewell
                3) NT Siaki Ika
                4) TE Dalton Kincaid
                5) OC Eli Cox
                6) ILB Palaie Gaotete IV
                7) DT Dante Stills

8) CB Cameron Brown, CB Julius Brents, RB Ulysses Bentley IV, ED YaYa Diaby, RB Israel Abanikanda, SS Rashad Wisdom, WR Justin Shorter

based on intangibles, and guys I'd like to see as Chargers, the above is my board atm.

for the round 8 guys, am holding off on the two CBs, as really like the both of 'em, and.... they both have substantial concerns of different ilks.

Ulysses Bentley is sandwiched between one of the best freshman in the country and a top five RB in Zach Evans.... I think he'd be a great get.

the other guys are worth a shot, and plenty of them might not last 'til UDFA, and.... not going for the cheese and assuming the pundits are right w/their draft slotting.

and there are plenty of guys that I'd be (more than) ok with if they became Chargers, like Skoronski, Kancey, Tyree, Verse, Antonio, Emmanuel and the like....

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2020
                  • Oklahoma
                  • Send PM

Early 1st round cluster

Gervon Dexter DT
                  Jaquelin Roy DT
                  Bryan Bresee DT
                  Olumuyiwa Fashanu OT
                  Peter Skoronski OT
                  Paris Johnson OT
                  Broderick Jones OT

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                    Early 1st round cluster

Gervon Dexter DT
                    Jaquelin Roy DT
                    Bryan Bresee DT
                    Olumuyiwa Fashanu OT
                    Peter Skoronski OT
                    Paris Johnson OT
                    Broderick Jones OT
                    There’s a trencher to love.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

01) Carolina * DT Jalen Carter
                      02) Vegas * ED Will Anderson
                      03) Lions * WR Marvin Harrison
                      04) Texans * QB CJ Stroud
                      05) Texans * ED Myles Murphy
                      06) Philly * RB Bijan Robinson
                      07) Steelers * CB Kelee Ringo
                      08) Az * WR Jaxon Smith-Njiba
                      09) Jax * OT Peter Skoronski
                      10) Bears * OT Jaelyn Duncan
                      11) WashDC * QB Hendon Hooker
                      12) Seattle * QB Will Levis
                      13) Atlanta * WR Quentin Johnston
                      14) Seattle * DT Brian Bresee
                      15) Cincy * OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu
                      16) Pats * WR Jordan Addison
                      17) Miami * forfeited
                      18) Pack * WR Jalin Hyatt
                      19) Miami * LB Trenton Simpson
                      20) Bucs * RB Zach Evans
                      21) Ravens * DE Tyree Wilson
                      22) Lions * S Antonio Johnson
                      23) Indy * QB Anthony Richardson
                      24) LAC * TE Michael Mayer
                      25) Titans * WR Josh Downs
                      26) Jets * OG O’Cyrus Torrence
                      27) Dallas * QB Bryce Young
                      28) Giants * LB Noah Sewell
                      29) KC * CB Cam Smith
                      30) Minny * CB Emmanuel Forbes
                      31) Bills * RB Jahmyr Gibbs
                      32) Philly * ED Nolan Smith

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Man, would love for Chargers/Herbert to be in position to grab Tennessee WR Jalin Hyatt. Exactly what this offense needs (electric speed/twitch) plus a big mauling RT in 2nd rd. also from Tennessee Darnell Wright, RT 6-5 347. Pretty much shut-down speed edge rusher Will Anderson off Young. Let’s Go :Beer1:

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

It was like watching a boxer take body punches for an entire fight wearing them down. Eventually, you will open them up for a knockout shot. That is what happened, too, as the game ended up being a blowout. Bijan Robinson had a similar effect on Texas, but they needed to hang on to the game, so his performance was vital to his team’s victory.

Robinson had his fifth consecutive 100-yard game and imposed his will in the fourth quarter, making very difficult plays look effortless as he extended drives and helped the Longhorn win. Both players are skilled running backs with outstanding balance and can absorb contact to gain extra yards.
                          If this was your introduction to Kincaid, welcome to the party. Kincaid dominated the Trojan defense and helped lead his team to a highly emotional victory. We hear so much about Michael Meyer and Brock Bowers, but Kincaid deserves to be in the conversation for the best tight end in the country. He was unguardable, catching 16 passes for 234 yards and a touchdown, making multiple crucial catches on their final drive.

Comment

Working...
                          X