Bye Kyzir, we hardly knew ya.
    We knew him.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Penning goes 9th in the latest Athletic mock, the 4th OT taken. How can fans say he’s not worth the 17th pick? He seems to be highly valued everywhere but here.

9. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver) — Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa

We can’t rule out the Seahawks from the QB derby at this point, either. Again, much of this depends on how Detroit, Carolina and Atlanta view Willis (and the rest of the quarterbacks, to be fair). But if not quarterback, then adding a physical mauler like Penning would be a fine start to a rebuilding process.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

The latest Athletic mock has the Bolts going

17. Los Angeles Chargers — Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington

The cornerback sorting between Gardner, Stingley and McDuffie may wind up coming down to personal preference. McDuffie doesn’t have terrific size, but he’s a plus tackler with zero fear outside. He can start and stop with the best of them. The Chargers could also go wide receiver here, with a slew of fun options for Justin Herbert.

Interesting comment that the top 3 CBs are team rated by personal preference. McDuffie + plus tackler. Music to my ears.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

The 5th OT taken in the Athletic mock at pick 20. It looks more and more like a solid pick for the Bolts at 17 too.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers — Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan

Quarterback remains an option. And if Pickett’s still here, perhaps that’s the play. Ridder could be a fit. Sam Howell and Matt Corral are also on the table. Same time, the Steelers need offensive-line help for whoever becomes the new QB. Raimann, the former tight end, is an outstanding athlete who is scratching the surface at tackle.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Berserker76
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Not sure what Telesco/Staley are thinking here. White's contract with the Eagles is reportedly only for "up to" $5M for one season. White is easily worth that. It seems like he would have been a good player to keep for a while longer. Losing a starter means one more hole to fill.
            The fact that he is only getting a one year contract should tell you something. There didn't appear to be a big bidding war for his services, that should also tell you something.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Kyzir White does not fit Staley's scheme, which employs more man coverage. White was fine in zone, but apparently Staley didn't like the fit for his scheme.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Not sure what Telesco/Staley are thinking here. White's contract with the Eagles is reportedly only for "up to" $5M for one season. White is easily worth that. It seems like he would have been a good player to keep for a while longer. Losing a starter means one more hole to fill.
                Couldn’t agree more. Reminds me of letting Adrian Phillips go.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  Penning goes 9th in the latest Athletic mock, the 4th OT taken. How can fans say he’s not worth the 17th pick? He seems to be highly valued everywhere but here.

9. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver) — Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa

We can’t rule out the Seahawks from the QB derby at this point, either. Again, much of this depends on how Detroit, Carolina and Atlanta view Willis (and the rest of the quarterbacks, to be fair). But if not quarterback, then adding a physical mauler like Penning would be a fine start to a rebuilding process.
                  Seattle might want to be more of a 50/50 team in the run game so Penning would be a better fit for them. I hope this is the case as Cross would be a better fit for us. If all three of these tackles are off the board then someone else of talent will drop to us and we should go another route.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    Kyzir White does not fit Staley's scheme, which employs more man coverage. White was fine in zone, but apparently Staley didn't like the fit for his scheme.
                    Yes Staley said K9 was a better man to man cover guy. Which makes me think Staley is mentally challenged

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Couldn’t agree more. Reminds me of letting Adrian Phillips go.
                      You could say this...but...there must have been many breakdowns that Staley didn't like and $5 mil could be spent better elsewhere. So far I really like the Changes that have been made (On Paper)! I don't think Staley makes decisions in a vacuum and he must have reviewed previous seasons as well as last years and came to the conclusion the player was a JAG.

:hello:
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

You could say this...but...there must have been many breakdowns that Staley didn't like and $5 mil could be spent better elsewhere. So far I really like the Changes that have been made (On Paper)! I don't think Staley makes decisions in a vacuum and he must have reviewed previous seasons as well as last years and came to the conclusion the player was a JAG.

:hello:
                        Sure JAG. Huge amount of tackles and 2 picks with several TFL. JAG but one of the few who played well on a terrible defense. How much better would he have been with better players around him? Is Drue or K9 better? Don’t see that

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

White is native to that part of the country so maybe he chose Philadelphia over a similar offer here?
                          Darius "4.36" Davis
                          top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP Magic Number 1

Comment

Working...
                          X