• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolts4ever213
    Day One...
    • Mar 2019
    • Brentwood, 94513
    • Send PM

There’s so many ways to go in the draft. RT if possible. But if the value is better at guard, I’m leaning that way now. Then again, in an hour I will be leaning CB. Then switch to DE.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

If Penning is drafted at 17 and turns into a quality starter, maybe a fringe pro bowler, is he a reach then? Any quality starter is never a reach, only if they do not live up to the hype, then they are a bust.
      And if he busts.or is mediocre then you can say aw shit, we should of drafted Lloyd, McDuffie, etc ....who also may be a pro bowlers.
      then Telesco will be the MoFo again I'm here because he drafted a need when he could of signed a RT or made a trade....and some posters who will say that about him are the ones who wanted a reach.

I can see the posts already lol.

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

And if he busts.or is mediocre then you can say aw shit, we should of drafted Lloyd, McDuffie, etc ....who also may be a pro bowlers.
        then Telesco will be the MoFo again I'm here because he drafted a need when he could of signed a RT.or made a trade.

I can see the posts already lol.
        True, the draft is a crap shoot. My feeling is if someone turns out to be a quality starter on the team or better the pick is not a reach. I personally don't think Penning is going to be very good in pass protection, as another poster said he struggles with division II pass rushers, the NFL rushers are going to beat him like a rented mule.

I could be wrong though.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

True, the draft is a crap shoot. My feeling is if someone turns out to be a quality starter on the team or better the pick is not a reach. I personally don't think Penning is going to be very good in pass protection, as another poster said he struggles with division II pass rushers, the NFL rushers are going to beat him like a rented mule.

I could be wrong though.
          Agree but I'm just saying he likely won't be the BPA at 17 by a long shot and we would be drafting for need.

I understand we need a RT but I'd rather have a stud who will make a big difference and we will be able to get a RT either later or after the draft when there are more cap casualties.
          And also if we upgrade 4 of 5 OL spots and Pipkins is average, we are better imo,.....knowing we still need a RT but maybe that's a draft pick. Cade Mays would be a good pick for us round 3 or 4.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Protect the Franchise!
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree but I'm just saying he likely won't be the BPA at 17 by a long shot and we would be drafting for need.

I understand we need a RT but I'd rather have a stud who will make a big difference and we will be able to get a RT either later or after the draft when there are more cap casualties.
              And also if we upgrade 4 of 5 OL spots and Pipkins is average, we are better imo,.....knowing we still need a RT but maybe that's a draft pick. Cade Mays would be a good pick for us round 3 or 4.
              Fluker 2,0. Maybe not as bad but still...

:2cents:
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                Protect the Franchise!
                This!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Ojabo got hurt at his pro day today, I guess it depends on the injury, looked like he messed up his left ankle, but I wonder how much his stock will take a hit?
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

I could be wrong though.
                    Whoever we draft for RT needs to be first and foremost, solid in pass pro. And this is one of the big knocks vs. Penning...that he's a bit flat-footed vs. speed rushers and/or rushers with moves...nice that Penning is a road grader in the ground game, but I want someone at RT who can protect Herbie the next 10 years...

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                      Ojabo got hurt at his pro day today, I guess it depends on the injury, looked like he messed up his left ankle, but I wonder how much his stock will take a hit?
                      If he falls to the 3rd, I would pull the trigger. Or if we trade down and get a late 2nd somehow, I would use the 2nd.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        If he falls to the 3rd, I would pull the trigger. Or if we trade down and get a late 2nd somehow, I would use the 2nd.

3rd round anyone?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Ojabo in the 3rd? That would be a steal, but we still have depth issues at RB, CB, and IOL...depends on what we do between now and the draft.
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X