• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Last year the story was Rashawn Slater was a guard and Christian Darrisaw stunk. Both stories were wrong.
    I was high on Darrisaw. Penning and Raimann are both very different prospects. Much more raw.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Last trench guy with promise we drafted in the first round was Tillery. How’s that working out, he learn any new tricks yet? Or is he just like college? Slater is, but he didn’t have any holes in his college game. Different.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

I’ll never understand the Tillery pick. Just a flyer to try to get interior pass rush I guess.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Last year the story was Rashawn Slater was a guard and Christian Darrisaw stunk. Both stories were wrong.
          At this time last year, I had made peace with the fact that the Chargers were going LT, and while I declared that Micah Parsons is the next Khalil Mack, Staley goes out in 2022 and gets Khalil Mack.

Beachcomber glad you remain high on EDGE Jermaine Johnson II, but how would that work in the rotation, is my only question. Is JJII rotating at left & right edge or does Chris Rumph have one of those backup positions locked down?

Jermaine Johnson II and James Williams remain my 1st Round favorites (in the Chargers #17)

Comment

• eaterfan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

I was high on Darrisaw. Penning and Raimann are both very different prospects. Much more raw.
            Agreed. And neither have the physical upside of Darrisaw either. I think both these guys rank below Cosmi to me as prospects, but I was higher on Cosmi than most.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

I’ll never understand the Tillery pick. Just a flyer to try to get interior pass rush I guess.
              I liked the Tillery pick at the time. Also, if we’re going to use PFF, Tiller apparently did well in their eyes in college. Shows what they know lol.

Pro Football Focus dives into the strengths and weaknesses of Jerry Tillery's game as a part of our 2019 NFL Draft Profile series.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Injuries seemed to have derailed Darrisaw’s rookie season. But he did well when he played.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I liked the Tillery pick at the time. Also, if we’re going to use PFF, Tiller apparently did well in their eyes in college. Shows what they know lol.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2019-...ery-notre-dame
                  Yeah, I’ve downgraded PFF since then.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• northerner
                    Charger fan since '79
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2019-...ery-notre-dame
                    this is from that PFF link:

"There may not be a more undervalued prospect in this draft than Notre Dame interior defender Jerry Tillery. As PFF’s second-ranked interior defender and seventh-overall prospect, Tillery is a pass-rush machine who consistently beats the man in front of him. His run defense is suspect, but his explosion off the line makes him worthy of a top-10 selection in this draft."

that is serious praise. what the hell went wrong?? ;-)

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

At this time last year, I had made peace with the fact that the Chargers were going LT, and while I declared that Micah Parsons is the next Khalil Mack, Staley goes out in 2022 and gets Khalil Mack.

Beachcomber glad you remain high on EDGE Jermaine Johnson II, but how would that work in the rotation, is my only question. Is JJII rotating at left & right edge or does Chris Rumph have one of those backup positions locked down?

Jermaine Johnson II and James Williams remain my 1st Round favorites (in the Chargers #17)
                      always hard to say with much authority, and yes.... like the prospects of JJ2, as think he's gonna be a contributor.

just not sure he's worth 17, as don't like his counter measure/spin move or the whatnot after his initial punch/plan fails.... dude looks like a whirling dervish at times.

and do like Jameson, but like Garrett Wilson even better, mostly due to his intangibles.... just get the sense that he could have some greatness to him ??

am good w/the any of the three coz I really like JJ's intangibles as well, and think he'd make a great Charger, and who wouldn't want to see what JH10 to JW might look like.... boom dia !!

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

right, and so.... what's the storyline for this year's draft ??

Penning this and WR (ain't all) that ??

edge one, CB two ??

Fluker redux, Troy Polamalu will never be forgotten.... ??

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          Last trench guy with promise we drafted in the first round was Tillery. How’s that working out, he learn any new tricks yet? Or is he just like college? Slater is, but he didn’t have any holes in his college game. Different.
                          Tillery did better against the run than people think he did. Maybe if Staley used the DL rotation properly JT wouldn't be doing as bad.

Slater didn't have any holes in his game from college? No player doesn't have holes in their game. Slater had his coming into the pros.

Comment

Working...
                          X