• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Is it possible that J. Davis is the next J. Williams ?
    Just ask.

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
      I know a lot of people here are down on Jordan Davis, but a 4.82 at 341 is absolutely ridiculous.
      Not sure why. He is a beast and plays like one. My concern was just how many snaps is he playing? Is he a 2 down anchor? My guess is he is a 600 snap guy like most NT's?

I dont have a problem using a mid 1st on a guy like that. But im not sure we will view a 50% snap guy a must get in the 1st. Maybe if you are loaded at premium positions. But we are not.

But my goodness he and Wyatt at 0T/5T would be a massive upgrade. Bring in an edge in FA.

Watch the film of Big Jamal Williams blowing up the Bengals RB on the sideline years ago...and tell me Davis doesnt move like him.

The way he is moving out there though...he likely can play most interior DL gaps.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Jordan Davis 4.82? Wow...that is interesting...the 1.68 10 yd split is terrific...just wow
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Send PM

I don't know...I might have to move Davis back in my cluster...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I agree. It is not like Penning is Vontaze Burfict. I like his aggression and his physical ability and his in game performance. If he is a little over the line on occasion, I think that can be coached. It would be poor draft strategy to pass on a talent like Penning over a coachable issue. It is not as if he does not have the talent to play while committing fewer penalties.
            He's a big, strong, long, mobile guy who has hand and footwork issues.
            Pipkens has 'coachable' issues: doesn't mean that they get adequately fixed under NFL coaching.
            Its been a long uphill climb for Pip coming up from a division II/III school.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Send PM

Travis Jones 4.9...also nice

Comment

• JOJAX85
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Irmo, SC
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Not sure why. He is a beast and plays like one. My concern was just how many snaps is he playing? Is he a 2 down anchor? My guess is he is a 600 snap guy like most NT's?

I dont have a problem using a mid 1st on a guy like that. But im not sure we will view a 50% snap guy a must get in the 1st. Maybe if you are loaded at premium positions. But we are not.

But my goodness he and Wyatt at 0T/5T would be a massive upgrade. Bring in an edge in FA.

Watch the film of Big Jamal Williams blowing up the Bengals RB on the sideline years ago...and tell me Davis doesnt move like him.

The way he is moving out there though...he likely can play most interior DL gaps.
                I look at it like this, If you knew you were going to get the Jamal Williams that we got, would you have drafted him at 17? I would. I'm not saying that's who we SHOULD draft at 17, but I wouldn't be mad about it.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Send PM

Devonte Wyatt a very nice 4.84....Bulldogs ain't playin' around out there...

2nd run, 4.80

Comment

• Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Olinemen get penalties when they are out of position and beat.
                    That is how Penning gets the majority of his.

Starting out, Penning will look like Tarzan & play like Jane.

I agree: stay away.
                    Whatever else Penning may be guilty of, he will never be guilty of "playing like Jane". Penning is a road grader with some nasty aggression to him, which is just about the polar opposite of "playing like Jane".

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Send PM

Jordan Davis in the shuttle drill....relative to the others, he moves fast, and stops/changes direction on a dime...it was sick...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Send PM

Travis Jones also very nice shuttle drill...moves fast, changes back fast...Davis, Jones, and Wyatt are so far, by far, the best athletes on the field

Edit: Not to confuse the "shuttle drill" as I call it, with the 20 yd shuttle or three cone...it is an untimed drill where they get up, run left, run right, run left, run back, run forward, then take off off the field, all by signals given from a drill coach...basic reaction speed and agility.

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

I don't give 2 shits, 1 shit, half a shit, or any number of shits how fast a trencher can run 40 yards in a straight line. I also don't care about any scores if their film shows they don't know how to ise their hands.

Comment

Working...
                          X