• Send PM

With the 48th pick in the 2nd round the Los Angeles Chargers select:

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
      I haven't watched any tape but that report basically described Joey Bosa.
      I haven't seen a lot;
      Karlaftis is another guy who is difficult for me to evaluate,
      However, he's very different from Bosa.

He's not as flexible, long, or changes direction quite like Bosa.
      He seems a bit stiff. I'm uncertain about the guy.

His 3-cone time will probably suck.

Of course, he doesn't need to be like Bosa to be very good.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Since TT loves the Senior Bowl to me that was really the combine, especially the way they are talking about how the Combine is going to be this year....

Trevor Penning with the 17th pick if a killer edge prospect doesn't fall to us...

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I’m a fan of the DL resetting the LOS into the backfield on every play. And Karlaftis can help with that along with bigger, stronger IDL.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• electricgold
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            I’m a fan of the DL resetting the LOS into the backfield on every play. And Karlaftis can help with that along with bigger, stronger IDL.
            Yep like I was saying if Karlaftis falls to us its a no brainer.... if he's gone. Trevor Penning.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

So do we for sure know we will stay a 4/3 defence cause I'm seeing guys talk about drafting a 3/4 NT and 4/3 edge rushers that would be 3/4 DE's. 3/4 edge rusher are I little lighter and faster and 3/4 DE do not usually get big sack numbers. Think Igor Olshanski...
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
                With the 48th pick in the 2nd round the Los Angeles Chargers select:

Just goes to show you...you can find decent talent inside the first three rounds. Herbert just needs good quality players around him to succeed. Smart Scrappy receivers like cooper Kupp are game breakers.

:beer:
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                  So do we for sure know we will stay a 4/3 defence cause I'm seeing guys talk about drafting a 3/4 NT and 4/3 edge rushers that would be 3/4 DE's. 3/4 edge rusher are I little lighter and faster and 3/4 DE do not usually get big sack numbers. Think Igor OlshanDidski...
                  Didn't Staley say we look at the position as EDGE period or something close to that... We just need a D line that could stop the run when it needs to, and sack the QB when games are on the line.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

If we go to a 3/4 Karlafits would have to add 20+ pounds likely and I'll bet would be a major disappointment. Steve Foley was 6'2" 250. Your looking for a fast light DE that can drop into coverage or rush the QB if you want a 3/4 edge rusher. Tillery and Jones would potentially do as 3/4 DE's Bosa is good enough to play edge or move inside on 3rd down allowing two faster edge rusher on the outside.
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                      So do we for sure know we will stay a 4/3 defence cause I'm seeing guys talk about drafting a 3/4 NT and 4/3 edge rushers that would be 3/4 DE's. 3/4 edge rusher are I little lighter and faster and 3/4 DE do not usually get big sack numbers. Think Igor Olshanski...
                      Bosa did well as a 3-4 Edge. And if you pull the NT, you have a 4-3. I believe you just have to put a complete system in and not pigeon hole these guys.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

2022 NFL Mock Draft: Jets take WR at No. 10 after four pass rushers and three OTs go in first nine picks
                        Teams realize the importance of the game within the game.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Yep like I was saying if Karlaftis falls to us its a no brainer.... if he's gone. Trevor Penning.
                          I finally sat down and watched some Penning....I was dragging my feet, cuz I figured he was just another Spencer Brown...a player with great upside, but undertrained pro wise at a smaller school, and would probably experience plenty of growing pains if he were to start...something I would prefer to avoid adding a new RT. While I still believe he needs some coaching, and would have some growing pains, I absolutely fell in love with the kid's nasty mentality....like my favorite K Green, this kid plays to the whistle, and is looking to dominate/embarrass whoever he is blocking. Can't get enough of that...he isn't a favorite choice for me at 17, but definitely in my cluster, and would be perfectly fine adding him to our roster.
                          Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X