• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I agree. BOTH. But I wouldn’t say you don’t need run d.
    Love to spend FA $$ on IDL as no rookie will come in and send Tillery to the bench. That has to happen, first and foremost, lots of good things will stem from that one move. And yes, use a lot of picks on D as well (still very interested in JWill at 17 though, want more med info).

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I do wonder what Mel weighed his last year with the Chargers and last night with the Chiefs.
      Maybe this will refresh memories.
      When Mel finally reported,
      there was ample talk that he was really, really ready to pivot over to a music career.
      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Maybe this will refresh memories.
        When Mel finally reported,
        there was ample talk that he was really, really ready to pivot over to a music career.
        I had no problem with the Chargers moving on from Ingram. Last year he looked heavier which in turn, made him look slower. NOw maybe this year, he lost a bit of weight and that has improved his level of play.

I just ask because if you are telling me Mel was say 262 last year with the Bolts but this year 249 with the Chiefs - that might be a factor why he is playing better.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

I do wonder what Mel weighed his last year with the Chargers and last night with the Chiefs.
          Ingram had lingering injuries of some type last year: he played in only 7 games. Probably affected his ability to stay in top shape.
          Too me, he still moved well. Sometimes players go through a year of injuries.

The Chargers were alone in knowing the nature of the injuries: having up-to-date medical info and a compilation of medical information of Ingram over the years.

Telesco /Staley flat out blew it.

Perryman/Ingram at least could tackle....evidently not a high priority to the boy genius.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

I had no problem with the Chargers moving on from Ingram. Last year he looked heavier which in turn, made him look slower. NOw maybe this year, he lost a bit of weight and that has improved his level of play.

I just ask because if you are telling me Mel was say 262 last year with the Bolts but this year 249 with the Chiefs - that might be a factor why he is playing better.
            Strictly cash hommie.
            Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
              Sometimes people need a change of scenery.
              Most often with those people, its because they are a better fit in the new system, or are given greater opportunities.

Ingram, in a contract year, should have been highly motivated.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Most often with those people, its because they are a better fit in the new system, or are given greater opportunities.

Ingram, in a contract year, should have been highly motivated.
                Familiarity can breed complacency. I've seen it over and over.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Your judgement was wrong in this case Wu-dai.
                  Ingram had a lot left in the tank.
                  KC would not be in the championship game without him.
                  Where would the Chargers be?
                  I saw Melvin fall down on snaps in Pittsburgh. I kept my mouth shut. This month, Mel flourished in K.C. in a system that lets him free-lance more. This is SupaMel's last go-round, let's see if the Bengals can kick their ass on Sunday. Woody's eye is just fine and dandy. I told everybody when Ingram got his entire salary guaranteed by Spanos last season, that was a lovely parting gift. And Mel finished the season on IR.

Now, if you want to argue that the Chargers fielded no adequate replacement at EDGE across from Bosa, I could not agree more. Chris Rumph and Nwosu didn't get the job done. The organization left Mel go at the right time. Believed it last year, just as firm now.

The disappointment is they didn't adequately replace SupaMel, that's my issue.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Your judgement was wrong in this case Wu-dai.
                    Ingram had a lot left in the tank.
                    KC would not be in the championship game without him.
                    Where would the Chargers be?
                    We had him for 9 years, where were we then? The Chiefs would of made the playoffs with out him.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Our future GM is high on this tackle for us....
                      2024: Far From Over

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I saw Melvin fall down on snaps in Pittsburgh. I kept my mouth shut. This month, Mel flourished in K.C. in a system that lets him free-lance more. This is SupaMel's last go-round, let's see if the Bengals can kick their ass on Sunday. Woody's eye is just fine and dandy. I told everybody when Ingram got his entire salary guaranteed by Spanos last season, that was a lovely parting gift. And Mel finished the season on IR.

Now, if you want to argue that the Chargers fielded no adequate replacement at EDGE across from Bosa, I could not agree more. Chris Rumph and Nwosu didn't get the job done. The organization left Mel go at the right time. Believed it last year, just as firm now.

The disappointment is they didn't adequately replace SupaMel, that's my issue.
                        This is the operation was a success, unfortunately the patient died type commentary.
                        Some here had a wild hair up the kazoo when Ingram negotiated the guaranty.....they let their passions get the better of them.

As it turned out, the Chargers really didn't need Ingram, they did just fine without him.
                        Depth is evidently not that important.

Chief fans are very happy with how Charger management handled things: actually, they are elated.
                        Funny how the Chiefs also had initially no success getting an adequate edge player opposite Clarke.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...nhard-raimann/

Our future GM is high on this tackle for us....
                          He seems to play on the left side on that play.

Comment

Working...
                          X